• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I spy... a new Microsoft logo?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Well, it's official now.

4162.Microsoft_5F00_Logo_2D00_for_2D00_screen.jpg

Personally, I think it's something that I actually can get behind - no frills, just Microsoft being itself with the squares, colours, and the typeface. What do you think of it?

Years
Yeh, I like it.
It is fresh, clean and simple.

These logos that try to do so much are just so stupid and cluttered; glad they haven't gone down that route.​

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Yeah that new logo's good. Better then this:
thumbnail.aspx

Years
I really don't like it. I loved the other microsoft logos, such as the new xbox logo and the new office logo because of how well they used white space and how effective the simplicity is in it. But to have this as their main face logo, it seems very sloppy and just not well executed. The type looks off, the ligature seems out of place with the rest of the kerning and the whole thing looks unbalanced and clunky.
I could be swayed by the fact I've already seen a near perfect conceptual microsoft re-brand but I still stick by my opinion that this could have been done a lot better.

Years
I have mixed views on the logo changeover.. I like the over design of the logo and whenever a corporation becomes more known, they're bound to change their logos every so often. However, what I don't like about the change in logo is that Microsoft has had their previous logo for as long as I can remember (before I was born, as a matter of fact). Of course variations had been made to the logo over the past couple of decades, but the general typeface of it has been unchanged for the past 25 or so years.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Awful. Just awful. :| To me, that is one of the dullest logo changeovers in history.

The MS UK site still has the old logo - comparison:

mslogo.png

I think the previous MS logo is iconic, distinctive and timeless (i.e. it will never look dated), two things that only the best few logos have. I know that they are trying to match the whole 'simplification' thing that's going on, but changing the logo is going too far. Looks a bit like a fad. In five or six years I guarantee that it will look old fashioned and out of date, and they will be forced the change it again.

The previous one has lasted since 1987, stood the test of time and still looks fresh and modern. It's also a lot more interesting, and this new one just... isn't.

£5 says they change back in five years. :P

Years
To be honest, I'm a little mixed on this. While it is relatively nice-looking and clean, it's really not all that memorable in comparison to its predecessor. The previous one stood out much more (in a positive way) to me - this one blends in a lot and is relatively bland. It doesn't scream "Microsoft" anymore, but rather "generic." >:

Years
I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. The first two things that come to mind are "generic" and "Windows."

While it's good that it maintains brand recognition while being a completely new logo, anyone could make that exact logo in MS Paint in 2 minutes (yet, knowing megacorporations like Microsoft, millions of dollars probably went into this rebrand. And while the simplified Windows logo is recognisable, Microsoft has a much larger range of products than just Windows, now.

Even though I think of the whole branding as a bit bland, I can see this sticking around for at least a little while due to its simplicity.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
It's okay. Simple and to the point. I'm not a huge fan but they could do a hell of a lot worse.

I think it'll be quite a long time before I recognize Microsoft's logo as anything other than the italic font they've had for ages, though.

Years
The old logo was looking very dated and it doesn't fit their current design principles. I think this was a very good choice. The simpler the better. Also, the square will tesselate a lot better, fitting into all sorts of designs with minimal effort.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
I feel that the logo is too simple. Too simple to the point that it's bland to me. :/ My favourite Windows Logo is the one from Windows XP. It's simple, yet there's something quirky in the logo, something I find not bland yet something that I can remember.

However, if Windows are keen on keeping that logo, I think I can get used to it. It doesn't look that bad anyway. :)

Years
The new logo looks way too simple, I don't really like it but given their last logo existed since 1987 I guess they needed a facelift.

I agree with Lightning, it will take me a long time to get used to that logo.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I find 'simplicity' to be such a disappointing trend. The lack of distinction and borders on more things than logos is highly antifunctional. A corporation changing their logo to reflect this trend evidences that they have fully resigned to such a terrible aesthetic lack-sense.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
New Microsoft logo, I am your father

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to their 1985 logo?
microsoft-logo-1.jpg

This was better than any of them methinks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Mostly indifferent. I think it would have been a lot more effective if they used the wavy window rather than just a square.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
5305100_700b.jpg

This is all the new microsoft logo reminds me of. They could have improved on the wavy logo instead of making it just squarish.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I don't like it is the Microsoft logo...it's like they should just rename the entire company windows.
I think that this should be the Windows logo...I don't like the slanted mono-colored look of the new Windows logo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I was nervous about seeing it when I saw this thread, but I like it! Nice and simple and clean.

Back