• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty, May Or Dawn?

Favourite Female "Side Kick"

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
I would have to go with Misty.. Not because of shipping and what not but..She was the first prtagonist I knew when I started watching pokemon. When the episodes were actually good..They kinda went downhill after the hoenn season >.>; *cough*replacingvoices*cough* So I guess I really like Misty because she was the first protagonist and my favorite.

May on the other hand..I did NOT like at all.. She jsut annoyed me..like ALOT. Ithought shewas entirerly lame and didn't deserve to be in the series at all.. I just utterly hated her.

Dawn on the other hand.. I wouldn't give her a 5 star for being the best protagonist but she is a good character overall. I just hate how every female protagonist HAS to go to contests. I would probably like dawn better if she did gym battles but.. I don't hate her but I don't like her as well.. I'm pretty neautral about dawn so its basically like this for me..

Misty- Awsomest

Dawn- Neautral

May: HATES

But of course people have there own opinion on there favorites so yah ._.;

*hides in case people get mad at me for hating May*

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
I would have to go with Misty.. Not because of shipping and what not but..She was the first prtagonist I knew when I started watching pokemon. When the episodes were actually good..They kinda went downhill after the hoenn season >.>; *cough*replacingvoices*cough* So I guess I really like Misty because she was the first protagonist and my favorite.

May on the other hand..I did NOT like at all.. She jsut annoyed me..like ALOT. Ithought shewas entirerly lame and didn't deserve to be in the series at all.. I just utterly hated her.

Dawn on the other hand.. I wouldn't give her a 5 star for being the best protagonist but she is a good character overall. I just hate how every female protagonist HAS to go to contests. I would probably like dawn better if she did gym battles but.. I don't hate her but I don't like her as well.. I'm pretty neautral about dawn so its basically like this for me..

Misty- Awsomest

Dawn- Neautral

May: HATES

But of course people have there own opinion on there favorites so yah ._.;

*hides in case people get mad at me for hating May*
Don't worry no one will stab you for that, its your opinion & everyone is entitled to the own opinion.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
I was worried people would grow out of misty but good that isn't the case. Shes the toughest, headstrong and most caring Out of any other girl. She doesn't stop in a mirror like Dawn does or whine around every little thing - may overall Greatest female character ever.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2012
I would say Misty, although I am a bit biased because as a little girl, I grew so attached to the first series. But I can say without bias, I hate dawn with a burning passion. She was so irritating, and her voice gave me a headache. She was so Gorky and obsessed with dresses and contests that I really hated her. Misty was a freaking gym leader!! May was okay, and I thought she was a good side-kick. But Misty was great. She had the most real seeming friendship with Ash, and her own story as well. You learned of her sisters, and had an actual reason to stay with Ash. Also, when she got her bike back, she didn't want to leave. I think that shows that she had grown a real friendship with Ash. Tears were shed in the Gotta Catch Ya Later episode. She will be missed. ;_;

julixl

Female Master
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
May. Why? because I'm a tomboy too ;) and I love Blaziken! And food too!
Why not misty? 'Cause she is sooooooooooo boring... Only water types o_o
(Cylan is a grass type gym leader, and he caught a Dwebble and a Stunfisk)
Dawn? Nah, she and her ''super contest dresses''
Piplup is soooooooooooooo irritating...
May. I liked the fresh approach she brought to the show with contests. Since Dawn is doing something similar, there is a lack of this "novelty" appeal that May had as a character. And her personality is borderline between sweetheart and strong-willed. Plus, I can actually view May and Dawn as important characters rather than mere "sidekicks," always a plus when most females in anime are mere "cheerleaders" for the main bloke.

I don't know why so many people prefer Misty, but then again I'm that nutjob who thinks that Season 1 is overrated beyond belief.
I super hyper agree :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Misty. She's the only tomboyish one, not fussed on all that contest crap.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
It's a toss up between Misty and Dawn, but I think Misty tips it for nostalgic reasons really. I do really like Dawn though.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I would say Misty, although I am a bit biased because as a little girl, I grew so attached to the first series. But I can say without bias, I hate dawn with a burning passion. She was so irritating, and her voice gave me a headache. She was so Gorky and obsessed with dresses and contests that I really hated her. Misty was a freaking gym leader!! May was okay, and I thought she was a good side-kick. But Misty was great. She had the most real seeming friendship with Ash, and her own story as well. You learned of her sisters, and had an actual reason to stay with Ash. Also, when she got her bike back, she didn't want to leave. I think that shows that she had grown a real friendship with Ash. Tears were shed in the Gotta Catch Ya Later episode. She will be missed. ;_;
If your going to post in a thread then at least post in a recent one discussing such a matter. Considering this is four years old I wouldn't exactly say this topic is recent. So if you would actually like to discuss you are more than welcome to create a topic on it. But in the future please avoid reviving old topics such as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back