• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
I AM ALIVE AND UP AND RUNNING! I lost my password so we went crazy looking for it but never found it :(

Since its almost valentines day, my friend is trying to get a luvdisc

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I'm breeding Eevee for Valentine's Day. Hope to get a shiny one (if it's female, I am keeping it and turning it into a Vaporeon instead). Any male Eevee that turn up shiny are becoming Wonder Trade gifts :)

Or maybe a gift to someone in the Shiny Hunters Club :)

EDIT: Evolving them into Sylveon (and possibly up to level 5 for those Pokemon players that do Wonder Trade challenges)

Years
I might have started too late, but for the Valentine's Day red hunt, I'm trying to hatch a shiny helioptile with the egg move electric terrain and in a Premier Ball. I have it all down except the nature. I'm still breeding for a modest one.

Years
The shiny charm kicked in, I think...

Spoiler:

6 out of 9 Eevees, can't believe my luck lately, 3 days in a row with shinies, what the hell.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
congrats on eevee's, only three remaining and you will have full set.

does anyone knows how is the shiny dex going on and whats the next pokemon on the line?

I think I have a target for valentine's day, I'll try to make it shine before the week ends.

Cya and happy hunting

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
I laid off on poor Kyurem today (hit 1000 shiny charm SR's last night) because I went on a whole day school trip. I decided to shiny hunt in Y since SRs were boring me to hell. At the end of the day, I have a staggering total of 3 shinies (safari and charm). Well that sure as hell boosts my confidence to keep hunting.

The shinies I got were Electabuzz (Wukong), Throh and Charmeleon. I'll post some pics tomorrow after I get some sleep.

Grats to all the valentine finds. You don't see many red shinies these days. Purple and green are always so dominant. Mabye I'll try to get myself a red dusclops in the spirit of the season...

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Finished breeding my Valentine's gifts. No shiny Eevee. Going to keep at it though, since I have always wanted a female Vaporeon that's shiny.

Years
Congrats on all those Eevees, that's a very pretty sight for me haha!
Also congrats on Electabuzz, Throh and Charmeleon.
It's been two years today since I found my shiny Riolu, my second ever shiny. Wow!
I'm just over 3500 starters seen again. Maybe I'll find something now I have a week off of school?? ;D

Years
Congrats on all those Eevees, that's a very pretty sight for me haha!
Also congrats on Electabuzz, Throh and Charmeleon.
It's been two years today since I found my shiny Riolu, my second ever shiny. Wow!
I'm just over 3500 starters seen again. Maybe I'll find something now I have a week off of school?? ;D

Thanks and I'm glad that's a very pretty sight for you!

I think I'm on some kind of lucky streak I dunno, but just now got 7th out of 9 and another FEMALE!
This charm really works I think...

Spoiler:

Lol my webcam caught it blinking.
My Eeveelution team so far:
2 Modest Eevees, one with Run Away and one with Adaptability, both male, going to be Vaporeon and Glaceon
2 Timid, both Run Away, one male and one female, male will be Jolteon and female will be Espeon
2 Calm, both Adaptability, one male and one female, male will be Umbreon and female will be Sylveon
1 Docile, Run Away, will stay as Eevee

I need 2 more, and those will be Adamant for Leafeon and Flareon

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Welp, I never got to take the pictures. Funny thing is later in the night i continued my safari hunt for phantump and a shiny female dusclops showed up. I'd like suggestions on what to name it before I use another League champion name. Mabye I'll even keep it as a dusclops since it looks better than dusknoir as shiny.

After that I went for some quick encounters after waking up in the morning and found myself a shiny delibird (no nickname yet).

I should really lay off the friend safari before I get bored of shinies for good.

But anyways, happy valentines day everyone.

ping.php

Years
Welp, I never got to take the pictures. Funny thing is later in the night i continued my safari hunt for phantump and a shiny female dusclops showed up. I'd like suggestions on what to name it before I use another League champion name. Mabye I'll even keep it as a dusclops since it looks better than dusknoir as shiny.

After that I went for some quick encounters after waking up in the morning and found myself a shiny delibird (no nickname yet).

I should really lay off the friend safari before I get bored of shinies for good.

But anyways, happy valentines day everyone.

ping.php

If I got one I would call it Apophis, because the dusk family are said to bring people to the underworld/afterlife, and in Egyptian mythology Apophis try to destroy Ra's boat to the afterlife. That's just me though lol :3

Yesterday after 1965 REs on Phase 3 of Route 10 a shiny Snubbull turned up. So disappointed it still isn't Eevee or Houndour. I'm wondering how many phases this will be...

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Finally got my Shiny Charm a day or so ago. Probably could have received it sooner, but I didn't realize I was missing Castform haha

No success getting a shiny yet, though... does it affect Masuda?

Years
Hey all! This sounds like an excellent club, and I'd love to join in :) I currently have a Shiny Caterpie which is now a Butterfree, a Shiny Anorith and I received a gift Shiny Terrakion from a giveaway on the site. Currently hunting for a Shiny Deino and a Shiny Heatmor!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Finally got my Shiny Charm a day or so ago. Probably could have received it sooner, but I didn't realize I was missing Castform haha

No success getting a shiny yet, though... does it affect Masuda?
There's an ongoing study at smogon to determine if shiny charm affects masuda in X and Y. You can check it here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/shiny-charm-and-masuda-method-volunteers-needed.3496464/

Although I can say for sure it works in the safari (as you have been able to see by the burst of shinies I found recently) and with RE's aswell as hordes.

Speaking of hordes, last night while I was grinding on victory road to level up my shinies, I found a shiny Geodude. Luckily, I was afraid this would happen so instead of bringing only my Razor Leaf-Sleep Powder-Sweet Scent Venusaur and 5 shinies to level up I brought Venusaur, 4 shinies and my gardevoir with heal pulse. Turns out I didn't need her as the shiny was the faster of the 5 geodudes and attacked the others, which were finished off by the 2nd magnitude. At that point I only had to faint the last geodude and I would be clear to catch the shiny.

TL DR: Found a shiny geodude and despite being scared others would kill it, caught it witout a problem.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I'm back at Iron Island for phase 2 and I am hoping this time around it's Mawile that shines. After this phase there are three options:

1. Stay at Iron Island to get Mawile. (If something else chooses to shiny this phase).
2. Go back to Route 217 and hope to find Sneasel, Medicham, or Noctowl. (Phase 1 was Snover).
3. Go back to Stark Mountain and hope to find Slugma/Magcargo. (Phase 1 was Graveler).
4. Possibly a fishing hunt if I have the patience.

As long as I don't get another Graveler this phase I will be happy.

Years
Well, I can finally announce the end of my quest.

I got 8th Eevee in saturday

Spoiler:

And the last just now.

Spoiler:

I will now proceed to evolve them. Every single one shiny Eevee I have is different, none of them are cloned and every single one was bred via Masuda Method by me, and they all have my OT.

Years
I,too went through a bad luck streak when I got my shiny charm. I honestly did better before it. It was almost like it was time delayed or something, XD. Now it seems to be working well. That is, if I would start the hunt again. I got my second 3ds so I've been preoccupied with cloning or the attempt to clone I should say. Sixth gen cloning is hard.

On another note, I was able to figure up how many shinies I need left to have one of everyone that is legally obtainable. Right now, I have 180 spots sitting open in my boxes. If i find them time, I could clone several and evolve them to fill up another 70 slots. So in all actuality, I only need 110 more shiny pokemon to have them all!
Now if only game freak would release the last few remaining shiny locked pokemon I would be happy.
It also appears as if diancie won't be shiny locked since a shiny was spotted in the trailer. I didn't see it of course, but serebii said it was there. I have such a hard time with shiny pokemon that only vary slightly in variations.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hello people of Shiny Land! Haven't been on in a while, but once Poke Bank came out, I got back into playing. I got my 2nd Shiny Eevee I had on W2 to evolve into this!

Spoiler:

I would update my list, but I cannot get the new 3D models to copy and paste correctly.

Back