• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If the follow me feature were to be implemented...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Which Pokémon do you see yourself having by your side? If it was an option to have one follow you around, which Generation V Pokémon would be at your side?

Discuss, discuss, discuss!
Wooop, 1000th thread. :D

1000 threads? MY GOSH, Kaori. Congratulations! ^^
Wait...your profile only shows 72 threads! Do you mean 1000th BW thread? In any case, congrats!

DAGEKI.

Who doesn't want a pseudo-human that wears a KARATE UNFORM following them? (It's not like the feature was ever going to happen.)

625.gif

Even better, who doesn't want a pseudo-human POWA RAINJAA POKEMON following them, always accompanied by this awesome theme music playing whenever it appears?

I'd take Daikenki, Haxorus, or Conkeldurr along with me. I guess I'm just a fan of walking with bipedal mons.
Iloveiaza.gif

!!!! Where did you get those sprites?! Aaaugh, now I really hope this Follow-Me/Walking Pokemon feature returns in BW's successor(s)!

My starter Oshawott (and its evolutions), of course. Either him or my Woobat/Swoobat, because that thing is adorable.

There's something amusing and cute about a blind Woobat or Zubat fluttering its wings yet remaining so ever loyal to the path of its Pokemon Trainer. :cer_laugh:

590.gif
548.gif
577.gif
582.gif

Plus, who wouldn't want a cute mushroom, a jiggling cell, a seed bby, or some ice cream hopping/waddling merrily behind you with their widdle selves! :3

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
582.gif
568.gif

I have to agree, seeing a Pokémon such as Vanillite following you around would be so cool. n_n Especially with the Pokémon brought into this generation, the follow me feature would have been amazing. If it were to be implemented in the games though, I would like to see any of them follow me to be honest. I could just imagine a Trubbish trailing behind me. :3

Last edited:

mochilicious

the first little piggy
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
I would definitely choose Swoobat; I think it's my favorite Gen. V Pokemon, and it's so cute!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I would have my future Serperior follow me around :3 I wonder what it would look like. Shiny Swoobat and Munna would be awesome as well though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd probably have either Oshawott (unevolved) or Chillarmy. They're both so cute I wish I want them following me by my side. ^_^

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
Serperior would be awesome following you.

Sad that they didn't implement this though.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
I miss the follow me feature. D:

I'd probably have my trusty Audino or Leavanny at my side. ^^;

Nameless.

Honestly, I really don't mind if it's implemented or not.
It was a nice little feature to have in HGSS, but it's not all that important to me. It made the gameplay a bit more fun yes, to have a Pokemon to interact with, but I think Dream World does an okay job of that already. Maybe someday in the future it'll be nice to have Gen 5 Pokemon follow you! Either in the third game or the 6th Gen, but it's not necessary for me to have fun. :]

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
The Lillipup evolution line. I don't normally like Normal types... finding that their designs are usually bland... but I love the Lillipup family. The first two are just so cute and the last stage is awesome. They would definitely be the ones following me at all times. Plus, as a dog person, having a terrier Pokemon following me around would be full of win.

Having Tepig follow me would be pretty sweet, too. He's adorable.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
Serperior :3 it reminds me of Dragonair. I would love to have a giant green snake folllow me around all the time :D

Back