• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first competitively awesome team~

Years
Hello, I'm new to competitive battles, so I hope I could win with my team. I made it on Pokemon Online.

Bisharp
@wide lens ;Modest
SpAttk:252 Sp:144 Def:52 SpDef:60
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave
-Focus Blast
-Grass Knot

Charizard
@wise glasses ;Modest
SpAttk:224 Spd: 172 SpDef:88 Def:24
-Air Cutter
-Twister
-Incinerate
-Ancient power

Gallade
@wise glasses ;Modest
SpAttk:252 Spd:228 Def:20 SpDef:8
-Shadow Ball
-Psyshock
-Wacuum Wave
-Shock Wave

These would be my Special Attackers. They are decent in strength and Gallade is the strongest of this portion of the team. I focused more on offenses than defenses but I gave them some defense EVs. Reason why they are Special is because they could learn so many Special moves, so I didn't want to waste their poetenal.

Tho Bisharp acts as a defensive Pokemon, she still has some power to take down another Pokemon.

Knuckles (Sawk)
@rocky helmet ;Adamant
Attk:252 Spd:156 SpDef:60 Def:40
-Karate Chop
-Payback
-Bulldoze
-Retaliate

Espio (Throh)
@rocky helmet ;Adamant
Attk:252 Sp:120 Def:136
-Earthquake
-Stone edge
-Vital Throw
-Poison Jab

Gothitelle
@muscle band ;Adamant
Attk:252 Spd:252 SpDef:4
-Rock Slide
-Brick Beak
-Low Sweep
-Faint Attack

And these are my Physical Attackers, they are the strongest Pokemon in the group and with so many great moves, I couldn't say no. Gothitelle is the strongest and the more skilled of the three.

Here I focused more on offensives and speed since Physical Attackers are rather slow.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so Bisharp is terrible specially, while has great attack, you're better off making it physically based.

The main Bisharp set is entirely physical, being this.

Bisharp@Life Orb / Leftovers
Defiant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break / Iron Head
- Night Slash

The set allows it to have two strong STAB attacks (for attacking first etc, which can be useful and it a chance to boost them, and possibly a secondary STAB in Iron Head if you want).

If you want a dark special attacker though, I do suggest going with Hydreigon, and going with another steel type - possibly replacing one of your fighting types in order to help out Hydreigon - though beware that'd put you in OU, however you can just swap Gothitelle & Bisharp if you want, but as it is you're in UU where not everything is necessarily useful.

Charizard mainly fits best on teams with sun in play (though it can work w/o it but I personally think it's best w/ that), so if you want another strong fire type, you could always try out Heatran which works well without fire and can set up SR for you.

Heatran@Life Orb / Air Balloon
Flash Fire
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
- Stealth Rock

It allows you to absorb fire attacks on Bisharp if you intend to keep it, hit other Heatran w/ Earth Power, hit everything else w/ Fire Blast or Hidden Power Ice/Grass to attack dragons or water types.

However if you wish to stay in UU, you can go for Victini (and its special set, considering Charizard is apart of your special line-up):

Victini@Life Orb / Expert Belt
Victory Star
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Naive
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- V-create / Fire Blast

Having three fighting types isn't necessary, because you're really weak to psychic attacks (except for Gallade but still weak to flying). ;x

For Gallade (just editing this in @ now since the post after me didn't cover this) is best off going with these sets (aka physical) as Musica mentioned.

Gallade@Leftovers
Steadfast
240 HP / 224 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak / Night Slash
- Substitute / Taunt

Or

Gallade@Life Orb
Justified / Steadfast
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Zen Headbutt / Night Slash / Ice Punch

For Gothitelle, it's actually specially-based rather than physical, due to again, its terrible physical movepool. ;x If you still wanna use it, go with this:

Gothitelle@Leftovers
Frisk
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Dark Pulse

Calm Mind allows you to boost your attacks, fighting allows you to hit dark types and dark pulse allows you to hit ghost/psychic types that may switch in.

As for Throh/Sawk I suggest you reconsider them otherwise you're weak to psychic/flying unnecessarily (and the fact that they're sorta... similar yet not really if that makes sense + you don't really need two fighting types) but if not then I'll rate (or someone else) those too. :3

Alsooo we need abilities too, so editing those in would be a good thing.

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Hello, I'm new to competitive battles, so I hope I could win with my team. I made it on Pokemon Online.

Bisharp
@wide lens ;Modest
SpAttk:252 Sp:144 Def:52 SpDef:60
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave
-Focus Blast
-Grass Knot

Bisharp is better off with an Adamant Nature because it has crap Sp.Att.
It can act as a defensive Pokemon with an Impish Nature, but it still has low HP that doesn't go well for defenses.

Bisharp @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Adamant | Defiant
252 HP 252 Att 4 Spe - It wouldn't outspeed anything so just make it bulky enough to last.
~Swords Dance
~Sucker Punch
~Iron Head
~Brick Break / Night Slash

Charizard
@wise glasses ;Modest
SpAttk:224 Spd: 172 SpDef:88 Def:24
-Air Cutter
-Twister
-Incinerate
-Ancient power

Charizard is better off with Life Orb or Choice Specs. It has mediocre defenses and HP, so it is better to make it an attacking Pokemon.
Charizard @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid | Blaze
252 Sp.Att. 252 Speed 4 Def
~Air Cutter
~Flamethrower for Accuracy / Fireblast for Power
~Focus Blast
~Hidden Power Grass

Gallade
@wise glasses ;Modest
SpAttk:252 Spd:228 Def:20 SpDef:8
-Shadow Ball
-Psyshock
-Wacuum Wave
-Shock Wave

Gallade has the same verdict with Bisharp. If you want a Psychic special attacker, use Gardevoir. Also, three special attackers within a team isn't going to work out well. You need balance in your teams.

These would be my Special Attackers. They are decent in strength and Gallade is the strongest of this portion of the team. I focused more on offenses than defenses but I gave them some defense EVs. Reason why they are Special is because they could learn so many Special moves, so I didn't want to waste their poetenal.

Tho Bisharp acts as a defensive Pokemon, she still has some power to take down another Pokemon.

Knuckles (Sawk)
@rocky helmet ;Adamant
Attk:252 Spd:156 SpDef:60 Def:40
-Karate Chop
-Payback
-Bulldoze
-Retaliate

Espio (Throh)
@rocky helmet ;Adamant
Attk:252 Sp:120 Def:136
-Earthquake
-Stone edge
-Vital Throw
-Poison Jab

Gothitelle
@muscle band ;Adamant
Attk:252 Spd:252 SpDef:4
-Rock Slide
-Brick Beak
-Low Sweep
-Faint Attack

And these are my Physical Attackers, they are the strongest Pokemon in the group and with so many great moves, I couldn't say no. Gothitelle is the strongest and the more skilled of the three.

Here I focused more on offensives and speed since Physical Attackers are rather slow.

First, your team needs a bit more of balance. Also, you should also try to know what each Pokemon can really do since you confuse some of the Pokemons with monster Attack to be a Special Attacker. The usual Pokemon team is composed of the following.

1. Lead - Entry-hazard placer, Attacking Leads, Dual Screeners, and a lot more.

2. Physical Sweeper - name speaks for itself, but some are fast killers, boosters, and some are even slow sweepers.

3. Special Sweeper - same with #2.

4. Cleric/Utility - Wish, Aromatherapy, Heal Bell, Hazer, Pseudo-hazer, Rapid Spinner

5. Physical / Special Wall - Bulky pokemons to sponge damage

6. Revenge Killer - name speaks for itself, usually equipped with a choice scarf.

You may want to know more about the Pokemon you want to use by studying their base stats and know what role they play in competitive battling,

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Agreeing with whatever Musica said. :P

Anyway, here are my own 2 cents (this looks like a UU team to me, so I'll rate it as such):

If you're using a Special Flying STAB on Charizard, use Air Slash. It's a bit stronger than Air Cutter and can sometimes flinch (even though 75 BP is somewhat mediocre).

If you're using Gallade, here are some options:
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Shadow Sneak/X-Scissor/Night Slash
-Ice Punch/Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/68 Atk/188 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Steadfast

or
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch/Stone Edge
-Shadow Sneak/Night Slash
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

or
-Close Combat
-Zen Headbutt/Night Slash
-Ice Punch/Stone Edge
-Trick
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf

Since you already have a Fighting Pokemon in Gallade, how about replacing Throh and Sawk with something else, like Milotic or Mismagius?:

Milotic:
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Toxic/Haze/Dragon Tail
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
Ability: Marvel Scale

Mismagius:
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)/Thunderbolt
-Taunt/Substitute
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

or
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 160 HP/96 SAtk/252 Spe

You already have a Psychic Pokemon in Gallade (once again), so how about replacing Gothitelle with Roserade as your hazard setter? (Gothitelle is badly outclassed by other Psychic Pokemon):
-Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Rest
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Ability: Natural Cure

Years
The suggestions are great. I want to point out that I really really REALLY do not want to replace my main Pokemon. She's my favorite. I know you all think she's horrible but I don't so... yeah.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Gothitelle has its ups and downs too, you know.
It has bad speed but decent defense, decent special attack, and very good special defense. If you really want Gothitelle in your party, it can run a Calm Mind Set, Dual Screener Set, and Trick Room Set. Mirror Coat deserves a special mention because of its high Sp.Def. which can be a switch-in to Special Attackers.

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Calm (+SpD - Att)
252 HP 252 SpDef 4 Def
~Mirror Coat
~Taunt
~Protect
~Thunder Wave / Toxic

ELVISTHEGUY

You should use Sawk as a revenge killer(Choice Sarfed).
I used to use it in Random Matchup a while ago and it literally outsped everyone.

Jolly and 252 investment in Speed= around 269-295 + A Choice Scarf and at least 349 Attack made it a superb revenge killer in my UU team. (:

Back