• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Skull fossil or Armor fossil ^_^

Skull fossil or Armor fossil ^_^

• Skull fossil (Cranidos)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Armor fossil (Shieldon)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
Which the best Skull fossil (Cranidos) or Armor fossil (Shieldon) ? :)
i make "Vote" on this thread.
Don't forget to vote and your opinion ^_^

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I chose the Skull Fossil for a few reasons- one being that I've never actually worked with Shieldon so I have no idea of its capabilities. Cranidos however was fun to play around with, at first I thought it would be like any other rock Pokemon that I've tried using in-game-rather sloe and lots of weaknesses, along with a limited movepool. Cranidos was a hard-hitter and it's ability was certainly useful at times. Overall I also liked its design much better- it appeared to be a small dinosaur with a toothy grin. Rampardos was also amazing as well!

I've seen Bastiodon before in a battle and I have to say I don't really like it. The design isn't my taste and I also don't really like working with defensive and slow Pokemon. The 4x weaknesses were also a little inconvenient. Other than that, I prefer the Skull Fossil over the Armor Fossil. :>

Last edited:
Years
I also picked the Skull Fossil a lot as well, probably because I'm more of an offensive player than a defensive player, which Cranidos certainly leans towards. It hits so hard as a Rampardos and I was never keen on Shieldon and Bastiodon having two 4x weaknesses.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I picked Shield fossil the first time on Platinum, as on Diamond you could only get the skull fossil. Tbh the only good fossil pokémon is Aerodactyl, but they're both fairly decent - Cranidos / Rampardos one-hits anything that's not bulky / resisting it, Shieldon / Bastiodon is an impenetrable wall to most things. I'm not sure which I'd say is more fun to use, probably depends on how the rest of my team is oriented.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I've only picked the Armor Fossil once and I didn't like using Shieldon as much as I did Cranidos. Shieldon doesn't get any moves that I really like, but Cranidos gets Zen Headbutt and I still really enjoy that even after all this time when the novelty's worn off.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm with the majority here in saying that I much prefered having a Cranidos than Shieldon; thus, I picked the skull fossil. I found with Bastiodon, it was rather boring to use, mainly because of it's defensive and super slow demeanour in battle. That's without mention of its 4x weakness.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I haven't used any of the two before, but I'll go with the Skull Fossil as I love powerful Pokemon such as Cranidos and dislike slow snails like Bastiodon. Offensive FTW. (Y)

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I picked Skull Fossil since I do think Rampardos is much better than Bastiodon. Plus it looks more like a dinosaur than Bastiodon. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The Skull Fossil is one of the main reasons why I went with Diamond, since Cranidos and Rampardos hit insanely hard, despite their low defenses and the fact that Rampardos has the exact same Speed as Cranidos (which is decent on pre-evolved 'mons, and not so great on evolved ones).

Years
I went with the Skull Fossil and Cranidos/Rampardos. I didn't really care for either Shieldon or Bastiadon's design all that much, and I generally take the more offensive minded Pokemon of the two if I'm only planning to use them in-game.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Shieldon and Bastiodon are horrifically grotesque to look at (especially Bastiodon with all those spikes protruding from its 'shield') and I've never had access to anybody with Pearl (when I was a hardcore Diamond player, I didn't understand how to get GTS functioning, so I was starved of the opportunity to trade, and nobody I knew had Pearl), so I'd always go with the Skull Fossil. Cranidos and Rampardos are far more useful in-game as it is, anyway, as they're far more powerful that Shieldon and Bastiodon ever will be (power is the essence in-game; it gets things done).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Had I been asked this originally when DP came out, I would have told you Armor Fossil. I was big into tank Pokemon back then and preferred Bastiodon. Nowadays, I feel that it looks a bit awkward (Rampardos does too really) and I'm just not into the big bulky Pokemon anymore (unless that Pokemon's name is Umbreon). So I prefer the Skull Fossil, or Cranidos line. Both Cranidos and Shieldon are really cute though. Their evos are awkward looking imo, but Rampardos can have such fun movesets. I didn't know that thing could learn Ice Beam, lmao.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Skull Fossil! Rampardos is a freaking dinosaur made of rock - what would be more badass? It's such a fun (and dangerous) Pokémon to use with ridiculously high Attack and powerful moves to back it up; it's certainly a favourite of mine. Sure the 'glass cannon' nature of it is a little off-putting, but no Pokémon can be perfect right? :p

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Seems as if I was the first to vote for the armour fossil!

I prefer to play defensively, and I've always loved the idea of a rock/steel type due to the ridiculously high defenses it must have. I am clearly part of the minority, but Shieldon is my personal preference.

Sirfetch’d

Skull fossil for me because Rampardos is so strong and awesome looking while Bastidon is ugly and only useful for a few things. Easy pick for me :D

Years
Given the choice, I'd go with attack over defence, and so I'd ideally go with the Skull fossil. However, I had Pearl version and thus had a Shieldon, and quite liked him. Even when I used Rampardos, I think I liked Bastiodon a bit more. So...
It's too hard to decide, in this case. :P

Back