• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm working on a team... :-)

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Escavalier

185px-Escavalier.png

Type: Bug/Steel

Nature: Brave

Ability: Swarm

Moves: Substitute, Pursuit,Swords Dance, Mega Horn

EVs': 252 Def. /252 Spec. Def.

I will add to this post once I get my team together, but that's all I have for now.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I know this team isn't done yet, but I'd like to give some pointers about Escavalier.

What's the point of using a Brave nature if it's not investing in Attack at all? Investing in defenses without investing in HP doesn't use defensive EVs well. Escavalier is also too slow to use Substitute + Swords Dance, and is better off attacking right off the bat, or supporting the team with its good defensive typing:
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Double-Edge/Return
-Pursuit
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Item: Choice Band

or
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Toxic
-Pursuit
Nature: Careful
EVs: 248 HP/8 Atk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Good points, will work on it. I completely forgot about the item. And, my next Pokemon will be a Seismitoad. I'm putting one together at the moment.

Seismitoad

Seismitoad.png

Type: Water/Ground

Nature: Docile

Ability: Swift Swim

Item: Leftovers

Moves: Rain Dance, Aqua Ring,Substitute, Rock Slide

EVs': 252 Att. /252 Spec. Att./4 Spe.

I'm basing most of my choices by typing and whatnot. I'm currently looking at a Drapion next, but have a bunch of Pokemon in my mind and don't really know how to set up a team that works together. I believe my team will start with what I put down and slowly change through time and battling. I also feel that showing a couple Pokemon setups at a time is a good way of introducing a team because people will take the time to look at each individual Pokemon closer and am encouraged to improve them.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Lack of STAB freakin' hurts on Seismitoad. What's the point of using Rain Dance if you're not using Water moves?:
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave/Hidden Power (Ice)/Stealth Rock
Nature: Modest
EVs: 96 HP/252 SAtk/160 Spe
Item: Damp Rock/Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim

But I like how you had Seismitoad and Escavalier together, since Rain Dance reduces Escavalier's Fire weakness.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Thanks, I like your setups and reasoning too. That's why this next one has HP. This next one, I honestly didn't know what to do with the attacks too much, besides putting a lot of critical hit ones on there.

Drapion

190px-Drapion.png

Type: Poison/Dark

Nature: Impish

Ability: Sniper

Item: Scoped Lens

Moves: Night Slash, CrossPoison, Slash, Pursuit

EVs': 252 HP /252 Def. /4Spec. Def.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Focusing on critical hits isn't a reliable strategy. Its defensive typing is better suited for taking resisted special moves, since its base 110 Defense is somewhat undermined by a weakness to Earthquake:
-Toxic Spikes
-Taunt
-Whirlwind/Knock Off
-Crunch
Nature: Careful
EVs: 248 HP/244 SDef/16 Spe
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor

If you want a more offensive take on Drapion, use these:
-Swords Dance
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail/Poison Jab/Taunt
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Black Sludge

or
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail/Poison Jab
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
I'm wondering if my team is too weak after looking at Smogon and am thinking of just running all legendaries with what their choices are. Is it possible to win with a team of NU and RU? Or, should I just grab all the games and get legendaries?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
You just have to know how each member of the team synergizes with each other. That's all that matters.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
You just have to know how each member of the team synergizes with each other. That's all that matters.

Okay, still working on this team even if it doesn't win cause I like these Pokemon. I'm going to throw up the whole list at once when I'm done, hopefully by tomorrow or tonight.

Smeargle
235-Smeargle-icon.png

Type: Normal

Item: Focus Sash | Ability: Own Tempo | Nature: Jolly

EVs: 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 Spe

Shift Gear

Baton Pass

Substitute

Spore

Escavalier
escavalier.png

Type: Bug/Steel

Item: Leftovers| Ability: Swarm| Nature: Adamant

EVs: 252 HP | 252 Atk | 4 Spe

Swords Dance

Mega Horn

Iron Head

Pursuit

Seismitoad
seismitoad.png

Type: Water/Ground

Item: Leftovers | Ability: Swift Swim | Nature: Docile

EVs: 252 HP | 4 Def | 252 Spe

Rain Dance

Aqua Ring

Hydro Pump

Stealth Rock

Drapion
452-frame1.png

Type: Poison/Dark

Item: Scoped Lens| Ability: Sniper | Nature: Impish

EVs: 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe

Pursuit

Night Slash

Crunch

Poison Tail

Scrafty
560.png

Type: Dark/Fighting

Item: Leftovers| Ability: Shed Skin| Nature: Careful

EVs: 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe

Dragon Dance

Crunch

Hi Jump Kick

Ice Punch

Swoobat
swoobat.png

Type: Psychic/Flying

Item: Leftovers | Ability: Simple | Nature: Jolly

EVs: 252 Spec Atk | 4 Spec Def | 252 Spe

Calm Mind

Psychic

Substitute

Air Slash

It's basically the Smeargle to set up for the other four with Drapion being a lucky critical hit Pokemon to hopefully knock out some Ubers, lol. That's the idea, at least.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This looks like a UU team to me, considering the presence of Scrafty. Seismitoad isn't exactly the best choice in UU because of its...averageness. Kingdra is a better Rain setter-upper; also, if you intend on keeping Seismitoad, mono-Water isn't that good, since there may be a good chance you'll run into a Water Absorb user in UU:

Kingdra:
-Substitute/Rain Dance/Draco Meteor
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
Nature: Adamant/Lonely
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper/Swift Swim

or
-Draco Meteor
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power (Electric)/Surf
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim/Sniper

or
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Rest
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Chesto Berry
Ability: Swift Swim/Sniper

Escavalier is just too slow to set up Swords Dance. Like I said before, it's better off hitting things straight off the bat with Choice Band-boosted Megahorns. Replace SD with Return and Lefties with Choice Band; change the EV spread to 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef; this allows Escavalier to take less damage from entry hazards.

As I said before, relying on critical hits is an unreliable strategy. If you want Drapion to be offensive, these are your best bets:
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail
-Crunch/Toxic Spikes
Item: Life Orb/Choice Band

or
-Swords Dance
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail/Taunt
Item: Life Orb

What's the point of a Careful nature if Scrafty isn't investing in Special Defense? Use a Jolly nature instead. Scrafty should only use a Careful nature when it's using Bulk Up.

Jolly lowers Special Attack. Timid may be what you're looking for here. Swoobat may not be useful in UU, but at least it has Simple to make setup somewhat easier. Mono-Psychic is terrible, since Dark types can come in and Pursuit Swoobat to death:
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting/Ground)
-Air Slash/Substitute
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Simple

Sigilyph is also a better option in UU because of Magic Guard; it also hits harder:
-Cosmic Power/Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-Psycho Shift
-Roost
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard

or
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Air Slash/Ice Beam
-Heat Wave
-Roost/Hidden Power (Fighting)
Nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
You're right, that team is going to be destroyed. I'm working on a new team and will post when it is ready. I still kind of want to make the Drapion just because it seems cool to do, lol. I'll probably do it, but won't use it other than in-game.

Last edited:
Back