• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Shrike, darling, congratulations, and I promise to review your work as soon as I head back to school in a couple of days. (I totally am not procrastinating on two different betas. lolwut?)

Shrike Flamestar said:
Speaking of the corpse, I am sad it died. I demand that it be revived!

...Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

Well, if there's more than one person interested, something might just get a third thread on PC.

Speaking of things to revive, is it kosher to actually revive the MPT3000 thread (so says the girl who actually did it more than once anyway)? Because, yeah, I'm not actually done with the next episode. Oops.

To answer the latest bold questions:

Have you ever implemented plot threads/sub-plots/mini-arcs/whatever in your stories? If they're not spoileriffic and you don't mind sharing, what were they?

A Midsummer Knight's Dream looks like it has subplots and mini-arcs, but these are just lies. Lies like cake. Cake that I forgot existed and sort of let go stale. Again.

AEM, meanwhile, has so many subplots and mini-arcs it's not even funny. You just think the Committee is doing it for Bill, but they're really not. Not to mention the overall plot is not "Bill goes off on a journey with friends across Hoenn." Nor is it, for that matter, "Adam decides to have a coup."

To make it related to Fanfiction, perhaps we could talk about the kinds of medical procedures that your fic characters have had?

Within the story or outside? Because I once tried to imagine how many injuries a clumsy researcher on the field would rack up, and the list that's contained within Bill's background was not only so long it's hilarious but also something that made the fact that Bill likes staying in his lighthouse make a hell of a lot more sense.

Within the story, Bill's had one major operation between chapters one and two for fairly obvious reasons, and he had to be revived by doctors after one nice little incident between chapters two and three. Veronica just had stitches done when she got cut thanks to crazy!Bill, and Oak had that thing with his leg. You know. That thing.

Somehow, despite the fact that she's the least mentally stable out of all of them, Rose got away injury-free, as did most of the other characters.

And I have no idea how a fic with as many shootings and violent criminal acts as A Midsummer Knight's Dream has gone for as many chapters as it did without someone ending up in a hospital. Maybe medical procedures are just that awesomely advanced in the future that they can be done without you knowing about them. ¯\(0.o)/¯

Giratina of Never-Turn-Back said:
So it's slowly getting better and bending correctly without much pain, but... maybe I should get started on the other characters now? xD

Or, if you're a masochist...

Seriously, ouch.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Maybe medical procedures are just that awesomely advanced in the future that they can be done without you knowing about them.

Nanotechnology. It's gonna be big.

Have you ever implemented plot threads/sub-plots/mini-arcs/whatever in your stories? If they're not spoileriffic and you don't mind sharing, what were they?

Well, the Chronicles currently has three major story arcs. One is for the main characters, another is for another character that turns into a main character, and the third is for a bunch of yet more characters that also turn into main characters. Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop!

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
D: I'm not active enough in here.

What's the current wordcount on your active chaptered fics?
The Quest for the Legends version ILCOE Word document is currently 234,217 words, although that includes a bit of notes at the bottom and so on. Morphic is 33,945 words, including a basic draft of how the rest of it will go and a future scene.

Of course. If we count only major ones, The Quest for the Legends had the whole rivalry between Scyther and Charmeleon as a sub-plot, as well as Scyther's issues, Leta's issues, May's quest to retrieve her Quilava from Taylor, the whole legendary clone deal with Rick and Taylor, Gyarados's mysterious powers and hatred of Suicune, and arguably Mark's entire badge journey is a sub-plot. Then it has "mini-arcs" in the form of the Pokémon Festival and Ouen League chapters, and the main plot is in tangled threads that are all over the place.

Morphic has a whole lot of things going on with most of them not really going anywhere important, so I'm not sure I would call them sub-plots or whatever; they're just background details of sorts. It's not really long enough to have proper developed sub-plots.

To make it related to Fanfiction, perhaps we could talk about the kinds of medical procedures that your fic characters have had?
I... don't think any of my characters have ever had any sort of medical procedures done on them unless they broke their legs sometime long before their actions became relevant to me. Well, unless you count that bullet that grazed Dave in Morphic and got him briefly hospitalized. Seeing as the other victim died instantaneously, there were no actual medical procedures done on him.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013

Ironically enough, I do have a scene written out between aforementioned crippled, blind character and one of the main characters, which involved one of them getting hospitalized. Lots of development for everyone present... one of my favorite scenes I've plotted out so far, I admit. xD There was also that one time in an abandoned fic where not one but two charries are unconscious in a hospital bed for a few days... but I've abandoned it, though, so maybe I should shut up on that subject. In any stories I have written before (and posted here), a grand total of two, nobody's been visiting the White Place.

I, fortunately, don't need to visit it as a patient either. :D

Years
I had a Pokemon fic called "A Golden Boy's Red Dream", which was basically about Gold being retrofitted with crappy radioware that allowed him to communicate with the Unown, and in the end he went insane and joined the Unown hive-mind and had to be killed by Red. Red was fitted with a Stun Spore seed from his Venusaur, and it was slowly transforming his body into a photosynthesis factory. He saw in pure light because of it.

Last edited:

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
This is something I've been thinking about lately.

If you have ever finished a chaptered fic, did you do a revised version of it? For those of you who are in the process of writing a chaptered fic, do you think you'll do a revised edition?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
If you have ever finished a chaptered fic, did you do a revised version of it? For those of you who are in the process of writing a chaptered fic, do you think you'll do a revised edition?
*nods* Even as I post Shattered, still in its early stages, I see large issues to be worked upon. And by the time I finish it, I'll no doubt be much more mature and far more skilled as a writer, so I'll look back and go, "Well, that was crap. I can do it so much better now." That will probably get repeated many times, but hey. It's like the guys whose job it is to clean and paint the Golden Gate Bridge in Frisco - by the time they reach the far end, the other end is all flaked and rusty again, so they go back and start again.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013

I've been wanting to rewrite Metal Coat for such a long time now, and I haven't even completed another story that wasn't a one-shot after I finished! O - O Actually, I've been wanting to revisit Metal Coat and do it a slight scrap of justice even before I finished it... My (self-proclaimed) progress in the literary field scares even me.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
To answer my own question,

I do plan to write a revised edition of my fic. I'll have the benefit of hindsight over which plotlines I want to be developed more, and, of course, I'll be a better writer. But, I have another fic in mind which I want to do after HWIMAR, which will probably take precedence over the revised edition.

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
Years

Uh... If I ever get done... Might take me the next fifth-teen years because of how I work on my Chaptered Fics, which is one paragraph a day... or less.

Bay

Years
I posted the revised edition of NE, considering I finished the story before posting the first chapter here. :P However, even though I finished NE, I considered doing a revised edition, mostly on revising Chapters 4, 14, and 19. Also, while writing Twisted Rain, I also wanted to add a few new scenes here and there. However, real life is getting hectic for me, so I might not get the chance to do that. I'm happy at least I got NE finished for now.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Writing an entire chaptered fic must be a feat in and of itself. :x I'm not even halfway through mine, and I feel like it's already been a long journey. XD; But definitely an enjoyable and fulfilling one. ^^

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm always revising. For one of my Pokemon fics, I have quite a few editions because I am never happy with it. Some versions are finished (at least three), others didn't get much of a start. But I am always revising.

txteclipse

The Last
Years

I've started revising my fics now that I'm posting them on deviantART, but before that not unless someone pointed out a mistake in a review or whatnot. I'll probably keep refining them until I get absolutely sick of it, or move onto other fics.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years

Currently posting a revised version here (up to ch. 7). Adding in more convos between Lisa's Pokemon, more "adventures of Lisa's Pokemon back at the lab" and general touch-ups.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Did I ever.

Well, technically I didn't finish it first, but as far as I'm concerned that's a detail. Three major revisions and several minor ones in between. Right now I'm writing both the 3.x version and the 4.x one and am planning to finish the 3.x one while writing the 4.x one on the side when I feel like it. After finishing the 3.x one, I also plan to go on with the 4.x and finish writing that.

I'll probably go through Scyther's Story and The Fall of a Leader sometime since they're not very well written at the moment. Morphic too, when I'm done with it. I'm revision-happy like that.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years

I finished a handful of chaptered fics that can be called chaptered fics (instead of a fic broken up into over 9000 pieces). And they all sucked. They sucked so hard I don't ever want to touch them again. Man, they sucked. They were like a black hole quality of suck. (Kids, regardless of whether or not you think I suck now, when I was a teenager, I sucked.)

Nowadays, AEM is in constant revision, so when I finish it, hopefully, it'll be finished. Or maybe I'll just do another revised version. I don't know. MKD, meanwhile, will probably get a revision. Although I want to finish it, I just don't like the way it's going now, and the only way to fix that is to nuke a couple of chapters and rebuild on the radiated ashes.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Although I want to finish it, I just don't like the way it's going now, and the only way to fix that is to nuke a couple of chapters and rebuild on the radiated ashes.

The resulting mutations could prove interesting. Perhaps you could actually use a nuke in the fic to fix everything and take it in a different direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back