• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
KitsuneKouta: great, thanks.
This should fix it. Look for
Code:
trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
and change it to
Code:
Audio.me_fade(2500)
trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
pbWait(20)
Audio.me_stop
Audio.bgm_stop
This got it working for me, but I will say that you should avoid MIDIs when possible, since they sometimes never play, or only some of the instruments play. When I was trying this out, the trainer bgm MIDI wouldn't play unless I changed maps and returned, but the MP3 worked just fine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The best way to do it would be to change the pre-battle music from a ME to a BGM. BGMs wait for MEs to stop playing, which is why it doesn't work properly; playing a BGM stops the previous BGM immediately.

Also, to fix the MIDI glitches, delete/rename the Audio.dll file, as it's a bit buggy.

EDIT: Also, a block is a self-contained piece of script, enclosed in { }. You can pass arguments to and return values from blocks (the returned value is the last line of code executed in the block). For example:
Code:
def alphabeticalItemSort(a, b)
 return PBItems.getName(a) <=> PBItems.getName(b)
end

items.sort!{|a, b| alphabeticalItemSort(a, b)}

# or simply

items.sort!{|a, b| PBItems.getName(a) <=> PBItems.getName(b)}
The sort method passes two of the objects being sorted to the block (I called them a and b here), which is expected to return a comparison of the two (in this case, 1 if a comes after b alphabetically, 0 if a and b are the same, and -1 if a comes before). The <=> operator, defined for most of the basic types, does that comparison for us. As it's the last line evaluated within the block, its return value is returned back to the sort method.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
The moves from gen. IV doesn't seem to be in the starter kit. Does anybody has the pbs moves.txt file which includes all of these moves? It would save me a lot of time.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
The moves from gen. IV doesn't seem to be in the starter kit. Does anybody has the pbs moves.txt file which includes all of these moves? It would save me a lot of time.
Even if you had the txt file, some of the effects have to be scripted. Also, some of the people that have made 4th gen moves gave them 3rd gen effects as placeholders, since finding every move that needs a scripted effect and implementing it can be time consuming. It's not likely that anyone will just give it to you, but if they do just be aware that it will still require work on your part.

@Wichu: thanks for the heads up on the Audio.dll file, it's much better now. What exactly was it used for?

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Even if you had the txt file, some of the effects have to be scripted. Also, some of the people that have made 4th gen moves gave them 3rd gen effects as placeholders, since finding every move that needs a scripted effect and implementing it can be time consuming. It's not likely that anyone will just give it to you, but if they do just be aware that it will still require work on your part.

I know some of the moves' effects aren't scripted, like gyro ball and Sucker punch, but moves like Seed Bomb and drain punch should be easy to add.

The thing is, there were more than 100 new moves introduced in gen 4 and adding all of them will take some time. I guess I'll better get to work thenXD. I'll upload the moves file once I've added the moves that don't require any additional scripting.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
I'm looking for a way to add a KO count to a pokemon. Basically, when one of your pokemon KOs an enemy, it will add 1 and keep a running total. It's fairly simple: define a global variable, add 1 when an enemy is KOd, and access the variable in the script that needs to display it. The part I need is where it should be. I checked Pokebattle_Battler and found something that seems right: the part that determines who gets experience using @participants. However, it needs to be narrowed to only the pokemon that makes the last hit. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
So I am wondering where I will find the information regarding the screen location. As you can see in the image below, it is loading a bit off center for the graphic I had made to wrap around it. Is it possible to push it to the left and down so the black area is covered up? If so where might I find this information?

Thanks

qouam9.jpg

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
How can I make the server work. I tried to make it work but it still says that it's not connected.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

did you solve the screen location one? I'd love to know how that works.

Yes I did. In Spriteset_Map

Code:
class Spriteset_Map
  attr_reader :map
  def initialize(map=nil)
    @map=map ? map : $game_map
    @viewport1 = Viewport.new(Game_Map::VPX + 16, Game_Map::VPY + 16, Game_Map::VPWIDTH,Game_Map::VPHEIGHT)
    @viewport1a = Viewport.new(Game_Map::VPX + 16, Game_Map::VPY + 16, Game_Map::VPWIDTH,Game_Map::VPHEIGHT)
    @viewport2 = Viewport.new(Game_Map::VPX + 16, Game_Map::VPY + 16, Game_Map::VPWIDTH,Game_Map::VPHEIGHT)
    @viewport3 = Viewport.new(Game_Map::VPX + 16, Game_Map::VPY + 16, Game_Map::VPWIDTH,Game_Map::VPHEIGHT)

Years
Propke

I got two problems with The Kit.
first: when i start a battle, the music starts in the middle
second: When i go to the bag, the Tm`s, pokeballs, and so on is placed wrong. the pokeballs is in the "Items" pocket and the Tm`s is in the "Pokeball" pocket

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I got two problems with The Kit.
first: when i start a battle, the music starts in the middle
second: When i go to the bag, the Tm`s, pokeballs, and so on is placed wrong. the pokeballs is in the "Items" pocket and the Tm`s is in the "Pokeball" pocket

Look in your project folder, then go into the folder titled 'Graphics' then look for the base images used and rename them what they should be.

Or if you wanted to go the more difficult route, you can edit each script within the bag to use a different image.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
I use Win7 and the server crashes immediately... Is there one that I can set the ip to 127.0.0.1 so I can test it? Because I am having no luck getting the server to work (the one that comes with Essentials).

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2010
My waterfall is not working :(. this is what I get

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: ArgumentError
PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbFacingTerrainTag'
PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbAscendWaterfall'
PokemonHiddenMoves:375:in `pbWaterfall'
PokemonHiddenMoves:576
PokemonHiddenMoves:573:in `call'