• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Console Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hi Pokemon trainers :)

I've got an important question to ask, I have been playing Pokemon Black on my 3DS, and now I also got myself Pokemon Black 2 and been playing that also.
I am playing both games on my one console (I'm done with Black's storyline and everything.)
Now I've read something about the memory link...and it seems I have to get myself another DS.

SO my question is...will all my saved data from Pokemon Black or Pokemon Black2 be transferred to the "new" DS I will get. Will everything still be on that cartridge ? Or is some of the game also saved on the DS console itself ?

Thanks so much :D

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
Years
Regular ol' DS games don't save anything to the console itself; the memory link works by registering the data from your other cartridge. If you only have one console however, you can use the memory link by using the game sync function on Black and inputting the code into Black 2. It won't be the same character or the same Pokemon--you start from scratch no matter what, but it will unlock some interesting extras that you wouldn't normally get by playing through without linking.

Years
oooh okay thanks, so tell me...... (gosh I'm stupid when it comes to these stuff)
I'm on my 5th badge already in black2 .....is it still too late for me to do the whole syncing thing on my DS ? or will I have to start a new game ?

Pechachu

Years
As far as I know you can game sync at any time from the start menu. I'd assume you can go back to see the little cut scenes that are hidden in the game, and you can also catch N's Pokemon at any stage in the game. I'm not 100% sure as I synced before I started, but I'd say it's okay!

Pechachu

Years
First of all, you need to use the Game Sync function with Black 1. If you've ever accessed the dream world before, you'll have already done this step, and you can get your game sync ID either from the global link website, or from the main menu of your game under game sync settings. If you haven't done it before, hit "online" on your c-gear and connect, and make a note of the code. Then load up Black 2, hit Unova Link, Memory Link, and link via Nintendo WFC. Input the code you got from your Black 1 game, and you're set.

If for any reason you don't have a wifi connection or whatever, you can't do this without another console, but I'm going to assume you have internet since you're using PC! :>

Years
AAAAAMAzing thanks !!!! :D yep, I've been to dreamworld in Black1 , love it! :)

Thanks so much for your help , I'm sure I will get it right.
Yeah...the wifi part is a bit tricky...cos only sometimes I have access to wifi.
As soon as I get access.....Im gonna try this out.

Thanks a MILLION !!! <3

:)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
kayyy this went on for too long lol. Next time, please ask questions pertaining to B2W2 in the B2W2 forum. If you have more questions about game sync, please take it there as well.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back