• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Imperial Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Hi guys :3
chamelicaischosen.png
Although I like this, I have to say that the colours look waaaay too unsaturated. It almost looks semi-sepia in green. And I'm not sure if Chamelica's tail looks like it quite fits onto his ass properly.
Other than that, graphics are looking great. I love the rocks and especially the ramp/stairs near the top.

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
lmao sorry about my last post on here... but i like the new screne and love the ramp and rock this game look's fanominal but i hope for a demo soon :D

Last edited:

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Although I like this, I have to say that the colours look waaaay too unsaturated. It almost looks semi-sepia in green. And I'm not sure if Chamelica's tail looks like it quite fits onto his ass properly.
Other than that, graphics are looking great. I love the rocks and especially the ramp/stairs near the top.

The unsaturated look is just so the starter could stand out more. This is just for that event itself. When you walk up to the starter, the screen desaturates and scrolls, showing a picture of the starter. When and if you click yes/no, it will go back to normal. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2011
Wow

This game looks great it seems as though you put a lot of effort into the starting sprites

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I'm surprised I haven't made an update with these yet. But here are the revamped starters of the Emort Region! These are the final designs and the final sprites of the starters.

chamelicaevoline.png

Chamelica > Salavern > Fernarious
-- Grass > Grass > Grass/Dark

kittycattys.png

Kittorch > Felayme > Flamane
-- Fire > Fire > Fire/Steel

pireels.gif

Pireel > Pirashock > Protruik
-- Water > Water > Water/Electric

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I'd add a bit of dithering with the fire on the Kittorch line, and remove the outlines of the fire. Just to make it match with the Diamon/Pearl style a little better.

Other than that, nice work.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
I agree with Ratty. I'll also say that Felayme and Flamane look a tad bit odd considering they don't appear to have necks.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I rather disagree with Ratty.
I really like the distinct look and style of the sprites.
It makes Imperial Sky's sprites stick out from the other games.

Great work on these. Can't wait to kick ass with Protruik!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
I really love the fact that you're using such different Overworlds :D They give the game a different feel. Also the trailer was great! I really loved the clip of the surfing on that huge Pokemon =3=

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Really nice job on the trailer! I should make one for Uranium xD, maybe one day... My only concern are the pixelated backsprites, I know they are like that in B/W, but that's because of the animations etc, I just think that should be copied you know, it's my opinion.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
I really love the fact that you're using such different Overworlds :D They give the game a different feel. Also the trailer was great! I really loved the clip of the surfing on that huge Pokemon =3=

Well thanks for showing interest! :D We really appreciate people who look at our game and tell us what looks good--it reminds us why we continue to work on this...we want to make a game that everyone will enjoy. While we like seeing posts telling us what doesnt look good so we can fix it, I'm really happy your post was so positive. Perihelion Productions runs on positivity :)

Really nice job on the trailer! I should make one for Uranium xD, maybe one day... My only concern are the pixelated backsprites, I know they are like that in B/W, but that's because of the animations etc, I just think that should be copied you know, it's my opinion.

I'd love to see a Uranium trailer, haha xD Thanks for the compliment on the trailer, we worked pretty hard on it (so hard that we kinda neglected the game itself--we should probably go back to working on it lol).

Well, i mean the backsprites are supposed to be copying a B/W style, but I'm not sure I see what you mean by pixellated--it is made of pixels. Unless you mean the fact that the pixels are doubled in size--that was a conscious decision we made. Yes, they're not animated, but we still think they look good. Thanks for your comment though ^_^

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Oh, that trailer looks boss. I can't wait to play this.

Hehe thanks! We worked really hard on that trailer, and some of the best parts of the game havent even been hinted at yet :D

Be sure to check our updates, we're going to be revealing much more exciting stuff as the year goes on. We're hinting at an Early 2012 release :D

Wow, looks really good. Where's pokedex?

OHOHOHOHOH. We don't just open our legs for everyone to take a peak, good sir. Our pokedex is as of yet under very tight wraps. We're revealing a few pokemon at a time, but you won't get a full pokedex for a LONG time. But keep checking for our periodic fakemon releases! :D

TeaSpork

I disapprove.
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
This game looks really really good, can't wait for it to come out :)

Man, I wish I could program and sprite (I can sorta sprite Pokemon style) like you guys.... I have really good game ideas, too!
Oh well, that's just my problem. You guys need to keep making this awesome game so I can one day play it! Best of luck to you!

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
I don't want to sound rude nor offend you but, why do you use the B&W style? Why everyone uses it? I mean, when DP were released, the fan games turned into DP style, when HGSS were relased, EVERYTHING became HGSS style. Now, when someone is making a game, B&W come out and you change your graphical style?

I say this because of the Battle screenies: your pokémon is pixelated.

Whatever, I like your work, forget about what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back