• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Museums

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
I really only went into the museum when the story required me to. I really wanted it to be interesting, but alas it wasn't.

Years
I visited Lilycove Museum couple of times to see the paintings from my contest Pokemon when I was going for gold trainer card. Other than that, museums are completely useless.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
I only ever visited the Oceanic Museum once because I wanted to see what it was like, and I visited the Lilycove Museum many times to view the paintings with my contest Pokémon. However, like most other people have said, they have no other use. (well, Oceanic Museum never has any use).

Years
I prefer the Lilycove Museum more. I liked seeing my Pokemon being painted upon the walls after winning a contest and plus I visited the Lilycove Museum so much more. I loved to do the contests, I thought it was so much fun and it required a lot of foresight and knowledge to be able to win imo. The Oceanic Museum on the other hand... why would you ever visit it? There's nothing to do there except read facts... What kid would want to visit there again? At least make it interesting Nintendo. ~_~

Emburn

<3
Years
I never really visit the museums since they don't even interest me in real life, however Since I had to go to the Oceanic Museum and the Carvanahs were nice EXP, I did like the Oceanic one :3

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
In my honest opinion... Museums are a waste of time. They don't hold any value and usually don't contribute to the story line. I guess the Oceanic Music was decent because I found some of it interesting. So yeah maybe they aren't useless.

Years
I visited the museums once cause I had too and then never went back. :P

The museum/gym in black/white is pretty cool though, like how it has fossils and skeletons of the old pokemon just for the old gen kids. (Still never went back)

Calem

Water Pokemon Master
Years
The Museum is just lame... :/ i only come there once on every Pokemon game, unless there somekind of Missions to do. But still, it worth a try ;)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
I never knew that you could fill paintings by winning contests, thats so cool

FraxureGames

The road goes ever on...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
My favorite museum would have to be in Lilycove. I loved how the manager would reward your effort in the contests with pictures of your pokemon, and how more and more people would come to see your paintings. Really gave a sense of accomplishment.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The Oceanic Museum was my favorite. When I was younger, I used to constantly visit the museum, look at the ships, and read their descriptions. Haha. I kind of liked the Lilycove Museum, too. The paintings were quite interesting to look at and I loved how they allowed you to display pictures of your Pokémon there, just like most of you. Also, their music always made me feel calm. <3

Years
I always liked Lilycove's Museum slightly better, probably because I actually had a Pokemon narrowly win a Master Beauty rank contest, which is a Roselia. Still remains the only star contest performer I ever used in the game but I like how you can get your star Pokemon a painting if they win a Master Rank contest.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
In my opinion, Lilycove had far more interesting information than the Oceanic museum.

Back