• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Can you show me how to edit scripts? I choose open script and it's blank... I'm using PokeScript...
So far I haven't been able to do anything except change the maps looks, movement permissions, warps, and connections. Also, the map's name. I would really like to know how to edit the scripts! Thanks.

SycamoreTown.png

C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CHP_Administrator%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5CCurtis

Last edited:

luigirulze

Australia's Biggest Luigi Nerd
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 24, 2010
Cool! Nice and helpful, easy to understand! keep it up!

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2011
Is there a way to select multiple blocks to insert?

It is very tedious to select each block for a tree, rather than just selecting the entire tree.

link12552

decade club
Years
When I insert the new tiles into my game, they come out all glitchy, how do I fix this?

Inserting tiles can be tricky. When your making them they have to line up. Also there are some ares in the tilesets that are the same for all the tilesets, like the pokecenter, if you over right one of these ares it can almost ruin your game. Just because the ares blanks doesn;t meant you can make new tiles there. You have to becareful!:(

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
Years
really helpful advance map tutorial
One question though
Does anyone know how to make a sprite invisible until my script activates(kind of like Prof.Oak in the game, you can't see him until you step on the special spot and then he walks up to you)
Does the person ID mean anything or is it something I need to do in the script?

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2009
please tell me if you know. i am making a special map in a fire red version. it will have the events for all the legendarys you cant get without and event. can anyone help me with this. i need to make this for celebi, jirachi, deoxys, mew, raikao, entai, secuine (cant spell), latios, latias, rayquaza, kyoger, grodon, regice, registeel, regirock.

please help me with atleast a few of these

amtrax

Pheonix will rule the world...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
Is there a way to select multiple blocks to insert?

It is very tedious to select each block for a tree, rather than just selecting the entire tree.

read the readme
its ctrl right click and drag

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
have a quick question

when connecting a map to another one, does the offset number matter??

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
EDIT: by the way, how do you middle mouse click on a laptop? this would be extremely helpful lol.

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
have a quick question

when connecting a map to another one, does the offset number matter??

The map bank and offset are important because they tell what map to connect to (ie Firered 3 ; 0 is pallet town).:cross-eye

The zero out offfset is used for more advanced connections with effects.
:P

neiller

Dark Flame Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 13, 2010
im not sure if u posted about it or not but since ur tut helped me a lot i was wondering if u could help me with getting Nurse Joy to work. i made it so that the pokecenter only has 1 floor and shes the only npc in there but when i walk up to her all i get is a beeping sound but nothing happens.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
okay i've just started having a play with Advance map (see that this is my first post!) and i was playing around with pallet town - i've made a new lab but upon exiting the lab my character is taken to his house front door not the front door of the lab
how do i correct this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
This guide helped me a lot! Thank you. I just think it might be easier to read if the text was a bit smaller, not as... blue, and the images were rid of the watermark.

@LordRaglan: Make sure your warps are set properly.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
ah - its taken me a patetically long time to figure out what i was doing wrong but i've got there

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
thank you, this has been a huge help- i have a question though- how do i change people sprites?

Back