• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

blue

gucci
Years
I'd really like to join :)

I've got one Shiny, which was found by chance, I was walking along Route 102 on Pokémon Diamond and a Shiny Shinx Level 4 appeared, I caught it obviously and it was on my team, unfortunately I lost that game :( but yeah, I really like shinys :D

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I've spent all night trying to tweak in Pearl so I could SR for Shaymin. I just can't get it to work! I probably spent 2 and a half hours wrecking my DS's control pad, and I didn't even get it to work after all that! My game froze about 8 times, and I got an unwalkable void about 5 more times. And then it got really weird and put the route on the other side of Jubilife, "lol."

I'm really looking forward to getting Black this week. I'm going to just play it for fun; I won't SR for a starter until I get White.

What are the opinions on the new matsuda method? Was going to use it to get a shiny competitive team. lol

I personally can't stand it, but Landorus mathematically proved to me that MM shinies are rarer than SR ones. Still, I like hunting shinies for their rarity, so my egg hatching is going to stay at 1/8192. I know that I could get shinies more quickly, but it just wouldn't be as much fun, in my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I did come across a Shiny Gothorita, and that didn't get in the Shiny Pokedex, so if it isn't any trouble, could I get put in there?

Same here, my shinies didn't get added into the Pokédex. Poochyena, Absol, and Treecko.

Landorus is a pretty busy guy, being the Dex Updater, Owner, Contest Maker, G-Money-Promoter, Club Revitalizer, Strike Manager, Dark Lord of the Sith, Landorus Obsessor, and Shiny Hunter. He's got a lot on his plate, so it would be easiest if you could PM him with any new shinies you obtain. That way he'll be sure to get them all. Thanks.

And yes, I claim "Dark Lord of the Sith!" :D

My sincerest apologies for forgetting another shiny, but please add the Totodile line to the list. Here is my original post from the original SHC. I am now making a full audit of each of my 4th-gen games for other potentially missing shinies, though I doubt any more are missing.

780 Tepigs.

That's okay, MM. You have proof and a solid reputation, so we'll be more than happy to add Totodile to the Dex. Your list of shinies is even more impressive than I thought, "lol!" I'm still working on my 15th!

I'm SRing them
And don't worry, you'll find some soon before the end of the month.

My shiny News: Recently got shiny porygon in platinum.
Brave nature and mischievous characteristic
lv 25 and according to serebii, it's IV's are 0/1/13//31/27/13
(I still can't believe the stats, so I'll find out when I lvl it to 100).

Good luck everyone on their hunts

Update: sorry for posting so fast again, after I got my shiny porygon, I went to hearthome city to SR for shiny eevee, and can't believe it appeared so fast, like 10-15 SRs. Again sorry for updating so fast.
eevee: serious nature, highly curious characteristic, IV's 7/12/2/30/12/12.

Thanks for the optimism. :)

Congrats on the shiny Porygon! That's awesome! And...are you saying that you got a shiny Eevee too!? That's incredible! Two shinies in one day must be a euphoric experience. I'm struggling to get one each month, "lol!"

Hello. I would like to join.
I don't have many shinies at all, really. Just 2 :)
I SRd for a shiny Snivy in White, and also caught a random shiny Joltik, which I evolved into Galvantula.
I'm gonna start breeding for a shiny Karrablast once I obtain a Japanese Ditto.

Welcome to the club! Don't worry about having "only" two shinies - that's 2 more than 99% of people! If you keep working at it, you'll have an elite collection in no time. ;)

I'd really like to join :)

I've got one Shiny, which was found by chance, I was walking along Route 102 on Pokémon Diamond and a Shiny Shinx Level 4 appeared, I caught it obviously and it was on my team, unfortunately I lost that game :( but yeah, I really like shinys :D

Welcome! Congrats on getting Shinx - I really like the yellow color of the shiny, since it has such a stark contrast to the original. I'm really sorry you lost it, but you're going to get a lot more shinies soon. *gives SHC rookie luck*

I caught a shiny within 24 hours of joining the SHC (Staravia), so hopefully the SHC Rookie Luck can be made into a tradition of some sort, "lol." Let's hope AntiZero and Suicune get shinies tonight! (I wouldn't mind getting one myself, too!)

Last edited:
Years
G-Money, about that Hoenn hunt. As far as I recall, when R/S's internal battery dies, they become like FR/LG, in that they save random data to the save file. That is, walking around and re-saving should give you a new set of frames. So there isn't really any hurry.

I've also found that the batteries they use tend to last a while. My Gold's battery still works.

1066 Tepigs. I miss the days when I could rack up 500 SRs in one day. Working isn't all it's cracked up to be.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Landorus is a pretty busy guy, being the Dex Updater, Owner, Contest Maker, G-Money-Promoter, Club Revitalizer, Strike Manager, Dark Lord of the Sith, Landorus Obsessor, and Shiny Hunter. He's got a lot on his plate, so it would be easiest if you could PM him with any new shinies you obtain. That way he'll be sure to get them all. Thanks.
I understand, sorry if I was a bother. Good luck with everyone on their hunts :]

In other news, I hatched a shiny Meowth on the 43rd egg, and that makes my third shiny this month. For anyone who tries Masuda Method, good luck and it IS a really great way to get shinies. You just have to be patient, because some are stubborn. Like the Staryu I'm trying to get, no shiny after about 15 boxes but I haven't lost my patience yet.

Edit: I finally hatched the shiny Staryu on the 486th egg, but that obviously doesn't count for me since it will be going to my best friend ^_^

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
G-Money, about that Hoenn hunt. As far as I recall, when R/S's internal battery dies, they become like FR/LG, in that they save random data to the save file. That is, walking around and re-saving should give you a new set of frames. So there isn't really any hurry.

I've also found that the batteries they use tend to last a while. My Gold's battery still works.

1066 Tepigs. I miss the days when I could rack up 500 SRs in one day. Working isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Thanks for that! It's encouraging to know that the internal battery won't completely kill my chances of getting a SR shiny, even if each one will take a few more seconds.

But...does that mean that in FR/LG, I need to resave every once in a while? No wonder I can't get any shinies in those, "lol!" *sees MetalMario yelling, "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!"* Haha, thanks for that. Now my quest is slightly less perilous! :)

I understand, sorry if I was a bother. Good luck with everyone on their hunts :]

In other news, I hatched a shiny Meowth on the 43rd egg, and that makes my third shiny this month. For anyone who tries Masuda Method, good luck and it IS a really great way to get shinies. You just have to be patient, because some are stubborn. Like the Staryu I'm trying to get, no shiny after about 15 boxes but I haven't lost my patience yet.

Oh, not at all! We're more than happy to add your shinies to the Dex! Don't worry about a thing.

Moar shinies! Awesome! Congrats on the Meowth! Three shinies in a month? That's insane. I'm still working on my first!! *goes to get first shiny before month ends*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Congrats on all the shinies! I love shiny meowth and shiny persian though, so pretty. *_*

Haven't been around a while and also haven't had much time to try for more shinies. I believe I was trying for a shiny Cubchoo and still haven't gotten one yet, or a shiny Solosis. After about 350+ eggs that's when I switched to Cubchoo. *crosses fingers*

Good luck to everyone still hunting! I hope you find your shinies soon.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi everyone, and congrats on new shinies.

I've spent all night trying to tweak in Pearl so I could SR for Shaymin. I just can't get it to work! I probably spent 2 and a half hours wrecking my DS's control pad, and I didn't even get it to work after all that! My game froze about 8 times, and I got an unwalkable void about 5 more times. And then it got really weird and put the route on the other side of Jubilife, "lol."

Thanks for the optimism. :)

Congrats on the shiny Porygon! That's awesome! And...are you saying that you got a shiny Eevee too!? That's incredible! Two shinies in one day must be a euphoric experience. I'm struggling to get one each month, "lol!"

yeah, it really caught me by surprise, I'll post some pics soon, they'll also go to the shiny album I'm making. I tried the tweak in my diamond version to see if i can make it for darkrai and maybe SR for it, but it froze like 20-30 times, and only got to pass to the void 2 times but unable to walk through walls, so no success.

No shiny news for now, I was playinig my platinum to the point were I face giratina (one of my shiny targets for this month). Also I'm going to try in my free time for a white shiny starter, any who appears first, oh and before I forget, anyone knows why the shiny legendaries in black and white are programmed to not appear shiny?, reading the bulbapedia found that, I can't belive it, not yet.

Well I guess that's all for now, see ya and happy hunting.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
o_O When did this club come back to life?

G-Money said:
Landorus mathematically proved to me that MM shinies are rarer than SR ones.
How did he do that? I'd like to see what exactly he told you...I don't understand how 1/2048 is rarer than 1/8192.

MetalMario said:
G-Money, about that Hoenn hunt. As far as I recall, when R/S's internal battery dies, they become like FR/LG, in that they save random data to the save file. That is, walking around and re-saving should give you a new set of frames.
That's funny, I was always under the impression that R/S's RNG functions similarly to Emerald's RNG when the internal battery dies. Though this is MetalMario that we're talking about...

Wait a second...METALMARIO?!?

Is this real life?

I have quite a bit of shinies, they're all in my sig...except for my shiny Golem that I got on Emerald, I think. It's been so long since I updated my sig on this site.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Wait a second...FUFU?!?

How did he do that? I'd like to see what exactly he told you...I don't understand how 1/2048 is rarer than 1/8192.
I'm sure it was just something about how you ultimately spend more time hatching eggs than running into wild Pokemon. :P

Good luck on the craziness! :D

G-Money

Years
Fufu!!! Welcome back!

I sent you a PM on SPPF when the club restarted. Sorry I wasn't clear enough! Oh well, you're back now. I think we've succeeded in resurrecting the club. :)

TwilightBlade's right about the math. 1/1366 (or 2048) eggs take longer to hatch than it takes to make 8192 SRs, at least when you're dual SRing. Still, it takes longer for a 1/8192 egg than a 1/1366 egg, and no math can beat that! :P Personally, I don't MM, but I have a little more respect for those who do. *hugs 1/8192 hatched Magnemite* :D

I finally got Black Version!! I'm playing through it now, so hopefully I'll finally be able to understand what you all are saying, "lol." I'm just playing for fun now, hoping for a RE shiny along the way. I have a question, though: I tried to get a (shinyless) Victini, but I'm having trouble connecting to WiFi. It keeps saying that my security settings aren't compatible with the DS? Does this mean I can never get event Pokemon over WiFi? :(

I probably won't do any Unova SRing until I get White, which won't be until I finish Black, at least. There aren't any version-exclusive one-off Pokemon that can be shiny, are there? As far as I know, the only one-off exclusives are Reshiram and the White cover legendary, which can't be shiny anyways.

I know what you mean about the tweaking, Chr. Draco. I faced the same exact thing! I've given up for now...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Using the fact that dual SRing is faster than single MMing to "mathematically prove" that Masuda shinies are rarer than 1/8192 shinies is fallacious on so many levels, lol. Why don't you make it fair and take double MMing or single SRing into account? And what about the fact that some SR hunts take long to complete? I'm sorry, but there's no way I'll say that someone whose shiny Tepig hatched in 3178 eggs using the Masuda method is "rarer" than someone who SR'd their game 3178 times to get a shiny Tepig...

But hey, no matter what I say, people are going to do what they want, and I will, too. To be honest, I really only plan on using the Masuda method to get DW version of shinies that I already have....and I'm not even sure about that, haha

And yeah, like, MM, I'm SRing for a shiny Tepig. Been SRing since the games came out. Currently at 3,178 SRs.

As for my other hunts....well, here ya go.

Staryu :: 13,462 SRs
Gible :: 7484 encounters
Suicune :: 1079 encounters

Those are seriously the only hunts I do nowadays. This Tepig hunt is seriously draining my batteries.

Good luck to all.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
And yeah, like, MM, I'm SRing for a shiny Tepig. Been SRing since the games came out. Currently at 3,178 SRs.

Wow. x__x
I've SR for shiny starters, but I always give up after 10 resets.
You're very dedicated -- Best of luck!

I restarted my game last week.
Last night, I was running up and down the side of some grass next to Nimbasa City, waiting for an Audino to pop out so I could train my Scraggy. I accidently ran into some grass and... IT WAS A SHINY MINCCINO!
/~Dies
I caught her in a Quick Ball (I didn't want to risk attacking her) & she's been nicknamed Narcissa.

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
I finally got Black Version!! I'm playing through it now, so hopefully I'll finally be able to understand what you all are saying, "lol." I'm just playing for fun now, hoping for a RE shiny along the way. I have a question, though: I tried to get a (shinyless) Victini, but I'm having trouble connecting to WiFi. It keeps saying that my security settings aren't compatible with the DS? Does this mean I can never get event Pokemon over WiFi? :(

What kind of DS ? A Lite then you probable need to change your wireless connection security to WEP, you security is probable set on WPA or WPA2 and the DS Lite only works on WEP. I had the same problem turned my security to WEP now it's works, I already got my victini :). But you need to look out because WEP could be hackt in like 10 minutes so it's your decision. Hope this helps you :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Sorry about not being here. I have been dealing with a family emergency. I will update the first post with new information~

Big congrats to Chr. Draco for being the only person here to win March Madness. :)

Here is the April contest, keep in mind you only have to find one of them. Not all five. I use a random Pokemon generator for this, so if repeats happen they happen. Don't complain.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Ok, I just started my Karrablast egg hunt last night. Only around 50 hatched so far, so, yeah, I'm not very far into it.

I might also hunt for a Munna/Musharna, as it's one of my favorites.

Years
Welcome back, Fufu! I don't really follow your reasons for disliking enhanced odds methods like Masuda breeding. I understand the rarity making them special and all, but I disagree that a shiny found by a difficult method is worth more than a shiny found through an easier method. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack when you've also been offered to look for a needle in a needlestack. The added rarity is fictitious.

anyone knows why the shiny legendaries in black and white are programmed to not appear shiny?,
Why, I really don't know. My best guess is that they felt it would be too easy to SR them given the setup. One could easily encounter/run/repeat and end up spending no more than 15 seconds per SR. (technically you don't "soft reset", but what are you supposed to call the encounter/run pattern?)
For this reason, I am optimistic that they'll be catchable as shiny in the third edition game. I don't even know what colour shiny Reshiram's tail lights up with!

I'm beginning to think that part of the old club's popularity came from the cards. Yeah, some members joined JUST to get a card, but others did stay. I should get back to that database.

1231 Tepigs.

Years
anyone knows why the shiny legendaries in black and white are programmed to not appear shiny?, reading the bulbapedia found that, I can't belive it, not yet.
As far as I remember, Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini are programmed to be non-shiny. What you're reading on Bulbapedia is rather true. XD

I have a horrible luck with with random wild shiny encounters, so I'll share my stories here sometime later. ;;

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Right now, I'm hunting for Sneasel, Eevee, Bellsprout, and Zangoose. I'm at 185 eggs for Sneasel, 65 eggs for Eevee, and 30 each for Bellsprout and Zangoose. I think I might put Zangoose on hold so that I can hunt for a shiny Venonat for the April contest. Soooo, like I say in every one of my posts (and I shall never quit), good luck to everyone in getting their shinies.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Sup, my fellow shiny hunters?

Yesterday I didn't get a LOT of shiny hunting, but boy, was it a dynamic day for me! It all began with me double SRing for Tepig. Something within me told me to begin breeding for Torkoal on my Diamond, so I went through a rather confusing sequence of events that ended with me getting two Japanese Torkoal. The whole objective behind this was that I wanted two Pokemon of the same species, but with different ID numbers, so that I may get eggs as fast as possible. Due to my own stubbornness in turning on Platinum, this ended up being more difficult than I thought, and it took quite a while.

However, the breeder within me simply wasn't done there. After getting two Japanese Torkoal set up in the Day Care on my Diamond and gathering 150 eggs, I was spurred to get some decent parents on my HeartGold for my future egg hunt of Feebas. This meant that I had to trade something the one good Milotic I had from my Diamond over to my HeartGold, and do some pretty crafty breeding with the Power EV Items to make sure I got a very particular IV combination on a Female Bold Feebas. Then I would use that female bold feebas to breed with the Milotic to get another male feebas (that way, I fulfilled the same-species rule). At this point, I ran into another wall because both Feebas had the desired IVs, but they also had the same ID, so they were not producing eggs as fast as possible. Therefore, I ended up cloning the female feebas, and evolving it into a Milotic, and trading both the original male Milotic and the bred female Milotic back over to Diamond, which gave me the desired combo of Pokemon/trainer ID. Later on, when Feebas is my target, I'll have to make sure that I breed a male Feebas with suitable IVs on Diamond, so that I may trade it over to HG and also complete the combination there.

But I still wasn't done after that. Realizing that Torkoal might possibly be a main target of mine during this Spring Break (yeah, I'm on break now), I decided to try and get some parents on HG/SS. This time, it was a bit more complicated; I started off by catching a female Torkoal in Diamond, sending it over to HG, and then breeding the Torkoal with an amazing Smeargle that I have. I wasn't hatching for any particular nature, I just wanted a female Torkoal with 31 IVs in HP. Turns out that the first female Torkoal I hatched had a Bold nature and 31 IVs in HP, Defense, and Speed. So I cloned it on HG Of course and I traded it back to Diamond. Then I had to catch another male Torkoal on my Diamond so that I could once again fulfill the same-species-different ID requirement. Then I bred those two Torkoal until I got a suitable male Torkoal on Diamond, and traded it back over to HG.

And, believe it or not, I still was not complete. After I did all this, I also decided to get some decent parents for a future secret egg hunt, but it was taking far longer than I would have liked, so I simply stopped short. I was breeding for the mother on Diamond, but I realized that one of the egg moves for the Pokemon for which I'm breeding is only available in HG/SS, so for now, the quest for the perfect parents is suspended until I finish up a lot of other hunts, lol. In terms of IVs, though, both parents are pretty great.

But yeah, other than that, my shiny hunting day was relatively uneventful. I got in like 250 SRs for Tepig, something that doesn't really happen often. And towards the end of the day (or rather, really early in the morning, haha, it was like 3 AM), I was able to capture some film of my Wayward Cave poaching in the quest for a shiny Gible. Couldn't have been any more than 40 encounters, however, because I was soooooo exhausted.

I'm just really glad that I was able to get that suitable parent situation all cleared up. It was something that had been on my mind for a while now. I'm not really looking forward to doing that for Deino, though, it's eggs take so long to hatch...I might just random encounter for one...

Oh, and I also raised my encounter totals for Swablu and Torkoal up to 3000 and 250 respectively.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Wait so all the SR I have spent on victini have been pointless.../ I really want him shiny. Lol.

Can you get virizion shiny? I love Virizion shiny.

Back