• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[OOC/SU] Plague

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

You do realize that we only have eight spots, right?

WELL YOU THOUGHT WRONG! ...Er, right.

Yes, I do. I even said that in the post before my last post. Ten people means many SUs, meaning we can close them sooner and start sooner. PAY ATTENTION >:U
Okay, I hev to go edit the first post a little. One or both of my other characters should be up tommorow.

かずき Kazuki

Feeling down and broken...~
Years
I think you should start accepting the good Sign-Ups actually filled out, and the people who take too long will find that the spots are filled... :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
4 people? Cmmon! I wanna shoot some slugs into these zombies! I just watched the first episode of "The Walking Dead"

So how are we gonna start this? All In the same spot? in groups? Separate?
Thats even if Im accepted by the way. :P

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Ok here is my SU... Honestly I'm not completely satisfied with it but I'm tired of working on it for now. I realize all my Pokemon have different appearances, but I kind of view them like normal Animals in that they all have various shades of color and patterns on their fur and such. Also having unique looks for them helps them be more personal IMHO.

Also there was a Swablu originally on his team but somehow his profile got deleted while I was writing Rascal's so for now its just these four. If I can I might rewrite the Swablu's profile if I can before the approval process.

Sorry if the profiles past Neli's are a little worse grammar/spelling wise. I haven't proof read them yet and atm I'm tired.

Lastly I spoiler the Pokemon's profiles for ease of reading if you want I can un spoiler them.

Spoiler:

PS Holy cow that is a block of text I never realized how much I wrote until I posted this monster.

Last edited:

かずき Kazuki

Feeling down and broken...~
Years
@Stingray: You're not satisfied with that?? That is a load of information!!

@JumboShrimp: We can basically start wherever, I'm assuming. If we meet, we meet, if not, well, not. Depends on what you were doing and where, as the RP starts.

*crosses fingers* let me be accepted, let me be accepted... *keeps moving anxiously*

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
@Stingray: You're not satisfied with that?? That is a load of information!!

Yes its quantity but I don't feel like its quality is at the level I would like. Sometimes I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and it doesn't help I often feel I can't properly get an idea down in words very well.

That is why I have a degree in Math and not English. Heck I had foreign students, whose second language was English, correcting my grammar >.< and I was born and raised in the US... Of course I was born and raised in Alabama so that might be why...

Also yes I'm from Alabama (Roll Tide!) and no I don't like Sweet Home Alabama... actually I hate that song with a passion because I heard it ALL THE FREAKING time.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
@Stingray YES! Roll tide!!

@Kazuki Just wondering since the last RP's I have been in I was RPing alone. :P

Nakuzami

Years
@xXJumboShrimpXx - Everybody will start in a different part of the city, but we'll all be brought together relatively soon. Although, if you have multiple characters, you may have one(or two) not in the group with all of the others. My other two characters won't be with the group(heck, one of them probably won't even be in Balice!).

@Stingray - Arceus... I'll read that wall of text in a little while ^.^'!
Also, Alabama, huh? Not so sure if I love the song(haven't heard it in a while, but I think I kind of sort of liked it :S) I do like the movie though! Lol X3 Though, I never really need correction on my grammar, I tend to be the one correcting, SO GO CORRECT SOME STUFF!
Oh me gosh, I so funny, no? I also be grammar king, say most people! X3 Ah... I fail at life, no? Yes? Right! I do!

EDIT: Oh, right!
@Kazuki - I'll talk to Michaela about when we'll start... in a few minutes(at least, I'll send her a message.).

[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]

Character2

[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]Name: Brent Xiore[/FONT]
[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]Age: 17[/FONT]
[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]Gender: Male[/FONT]
[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]Legendary: N/A[/FONT]

[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]Appearance: [/FONT]
Brent is caucasian(white), stands at about six feet three inches and weighs about one hundred and thirty pounds, mainly due to muscle. He has short, black hair and brown eyes. He's very strong and flexible, giving him great balance and agility, and he is considered cute by most girls(and on occasion, boys) but he has no time, or really the maturity, for girls... or boys. He has some muscle on him, but he's not crazy body builder muscled, no, that would completely ruin his balance and agility; it would basically remove all ability to use the skills that he has learned over the years.

Brent wears a typical Pokemon Ranger uniform, one that could be seen on the male ranger from Oblivia that had a Ukelele Pichu, which sounded cute, but a bit ridiculous, to Brent. He wears black goggles with silver lenses, but they are usually strapped above his eyes, holding his hair up, and he wears a short blue scarf. He also wears a black shirt with white trim along with black shorts with white trim, and a belt with a Pokeball buckle. Along with a dark red vest, black gloves with white and red trim, a dark red styler and black sneakers with a white and red trim. When not wearing his uniform, which almost never happens, Brent wears similar shorts and shirt, longer black and white striped fingerless gloves, and a black hoodie with a white trim.

[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]Personality: [/FONT]
Brent is a very fun and loving person, despite his world being overrun by zombies. He has a somewhat child-like innocence that can sometimes get him into trouble with zombies or just people. He is rather oblivious to disaster, having grown up with it his entire life, and a lot of times if he does or says something wrong, he won't realize that he has, and sometimes you'll have to explain what he did wrong for him to get it. He hates sadness and tries to avoid it or get rid of it wherever and whenever possible, but since he has almost no understanding of it, he's not too great at cheering people up. Sometimes, though, people are cheered up just by his sheer density, as it can be rather entertaining at times.

Although Brent is such a fun-loving person, he also has his strong side. People say that he inherited it from his parents, specifically his mother, but he wouldn't know as he never knew either of his parents. He is very swift and cunning in battle and can pull off some very complex battle strategies with ease, which can help immensely when combatting zombies. In battle is the only time that he is serious, and his focus is completely devoted to whatever he is doing. Once he starts to battle, it would almost seem that another entity takes over his body, and he's also very quiet. He is agile and almost emotionless, which is a complete contradiction to his normal personality.

[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]History: [/FONT]
Brent was born in Fortree City, Hoenn, ten years after the infection started. Although by then, Fortree was known better as Fortress, one of the few human holdouts left in the world. He never knew his parents, all he knew was that his mother apparently died with her brother, when she dragged them both to their doom. Apparently his father stuck with his mother, also getting killed. Brent was then taken in by the Xiore family, whom was safe inside the walls of Fortress. He grew up there with almost no knowledge of his family or of the previous world. The only thing he knew was what had survived, which wasn't too much. There was still some form of government left, and most of it was run by the Pokemon Ranger Union, the protectors of the surviving humans and Pokemon.

Brent grew up with average grades in school and an interest in Pokemon and zombies. Pokemon because they were just amazing creatures, and zombies because they were... interesting, and the downfall of humans. They roamed the land, anywhere outside of the remaining holdouts was considered dangerous. At a very young age, the Pokemon Ranger Union saw potential in Brent, so they continuously tested him throughout his childhood. Every time he passed with flying colors, and once he turned fifteen, he was inducted into the Ranger Union as an official Pokemon Ranger. He went on many missions, and was allowed to explore the world outside of the human strongholds.

Brent often went outside the stronghold barriers with his Pokemon Partner, a Shieldon, ironically named Barrier. He was amazing at avoiding the undead, and he took upon himself an understanding that most people couldn't. With all of his efforts inside and especially outside the barriers, he soon became a Top Ranger. One day, he was assigned a very, very, very important mission: to go back and time and help prevent the infection from spreading. He did so by finding and enlisting the help of the time travelling Pokemon, Celebi. Although, once he did go back in time, the time where he ended up was right after the first infection in Balice city and after the mysterious forcefield was put up around it. He was stuck outside the city, so now he had to find a way inside.

[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]Weapon Preferences: A plasma sword generated by his styler and an elemental shuriken.[/FONT]
[FONT=edca086fca6a8f6e0bfa8ec0#5c0800]Pokemon: [/FONT]

Partner Pokemon:
Shieldon "Barrier" or "Barri"

Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Metal Sound | Iron Head | Endure | Protect | Substitute | Stone Edge | Flash Cannon | Double Team | Double-Edge | Thunder
Personality: Barri is a very calm and somewhat timid Pokemon. He isn't too much of a fighter, but he is an excellent defender, and the fact that he is a Shieldon helps. His main goal is to protect Brent and anything else that needs protecting in his zombie infested world. He really only attacks as a diversion or when he needs to in order to protect. He is extremely loyal to Brent and loves to lay in Brent's arms as Brent somehow summons the strength to carry him. He's also an optimist and hater of sorrow much like Brent, whom he has grown up with for his entire life, so it makes sense that he would act similarly.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Ok, now that I've accepted the invite and started my SU, would you please lower your shotgun now, Michaela? Seriously, that barrel to my head is intimidating Since I so graciously accepted Michaela's invite to this RP that in no way was threatening to my life whatsoever, I'll just start my SU now and continue it tomorrow. Happy now you sick little slave-driver? Thanks for inviting me, Michaela!! I'm so happy to be part of this RP!! Whew did I dodge a bullet just there...

Name:
Dontae Windrock

Legendary: Latias es muy bamf!!

Appearance: Although average in height, Dontae is rather scrawny in build. This will probably cause quite a few mix-ups when it comes to interacting with the others; as he looks like he could be turning. His eyes are actually a bright bluish-gray, but he uses tinted contacts to change his eye color to an emerald green. He also has slate gray and scarlet red as back-ups. His hair is dark brown, almost looking black, and reaches about three-quarters down the neck to the shoulder level. For clothing, Dontae wears a now tattered sweatshirt and a green t-shirt, blue jeans, and simple blue-on-black sneakers. He is also carrying a backpack full of assorted weapons.

Personality: Calm and collected, his nerves have really been put to the test by this endeavor. There is always a level of fear experienced when dealing with a life-or-death, but Dontae doesn't seem to show it at all. On the inside, however, he wants nothing more than to freak out. This was completely dangerous, and any rogue graze with the infected could be the end of him, but he couldn't do that. Seeing as he was there with Cerise, his childhood friend and recently-established girlfriend, he refused to be afraid. Not because he wanted to look macho, but because he was too protective for his own good. He had a natural urge to protect the ones he cares about. As long as Cerise could live to see the escape, Dontae was fine with whatever fate was presented to him. Even if that meant that he would become infected and go completely kamikaze. If anyone turned into a zombie, it might as well be him...

History: As he grew up, Dontae felt relatively secluded from the outside world in Mahogany Town. His parents were always away; working as tag-team instructors for a self-run facility in Saffron City. The kids in town always teased him about how busy they were, and how his parents practically left him to raise other people as trainers. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he felt completely alone for years. He shifted between the households of other people in town, but it wasn't any help. He missed his own parents, and they had all but say they were abandoning him. In time, however, he became friends with one person: Cerise. Cerise was very kind to him and treated him like they were family. At first he didn't want to admit it, but he always had a crush on her.

Everything seemed to be perfect in recent times. Not only had Cerise agree to be his girlfriend, but he also beat his parents in their own facility and tag-teamed with her to do it. They even won tickets to go to Balice City for a week long vacation. All expenses paid, but clearly there was a problem with the paradise. Soon after they arrived, the infection started and the two were thrown into what felt like a horror movie. The whole city eventually became quarantined. The two made numerous attempts to leave, but they were restrained and forced to retreat again and again. Their new strategy now was simple: blaze through everything. They'd kill anything and anyone trying to get in their way and threaten their lives. Even if that meant killing the people monitoring the barricades.

Weapon Preferences: Although there are a large array of weapons to pick from, Dontae settled for two 9mms and claw weapons. Since the two guns were portable, and the ammo was easy to find and reload, they wouldn't get in the way of the metal blades strapped to his wrists and hands. This also allows him to switch from ranged to melee combat in one smooth, fluent motion.
Pokemon:

Team: Two of his Pokemon sadly died in their campaign to survive; one he had to kill himself personally. Because of this, he retreated two of his other Pokemon to the storage system and held onto only two that would best ensure their survival. These two pokemon are:

Artemis the Hydreigon
Female
Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Roar, Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor

Miku the Wartortle
Female
Water Gun, Surf, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Water Pulse

His computer Pokemon, though unlikely to be out and about unless substituting for Artemis and Miku, are:

Luna the Gardevoir
Maple the Whimsicott
Skitter the Galvantula
Crag Jaw the Steelix
Lillium the Medicham
Sting Queen the Jellicent
Breaker the Armaldo
Aquis the Vaporeon
Seraphi the Blissey
Leo the Scizor
Kiro the Shuckle
Pyrofist the Darmanitan

*** EDIT: Here we go XD ***

Name: Cerise Wavecrest
Legendary: Same as above, I am to assume

Appearance: Cerise is also of average height, but unlike Dontae she's of an average build (for females in this case). Her hair is reddish brown and down to her shoulder-blades. The bangs are also half way down the forehead. Her eyes are a hazy green. In fear, though, Dontae requested that she wears the electric blue contacts. As for clothing, Miku wears a teal t-shirt and black jeans. For footwear, she wears tennis-shoes. Sometimes, though not now, she likes to wear a black neckband that has a crescent moon charm attached to it. As Dontae's bag is full of weapons, Cerise's backpack is full of untainted foods and medical supplies. She was the one to go to when they needed to get possible infections sorted out straight away.

Personality: Although kind of lax, her full attention and support is given to Dontae and the effort to get out of Balice City. Being a kind and nurturing kind of person as well, she worries for Dontae's state of mind. Having to kill one of his own Pokemon, the lack of expression after the deed unnerves her. She doesn't know if he's angry, sad, or both, but she wants him to feel safe enough to console in her. Even if the current situation doesn't leave much time nor safety for compromised emotions. Before the infection, though, she enjoyed pranks and slapstick routines. This has been/will be influencing most of any traps she may set for the infected. At the very least, the two can laugh at the misfortune of some zombies to help them along in this forsaken city. She doesn't care much for new people, but she's not opposed to them,either. She's with Dontae in their plans, and won't hesitate to waste someone getting in the way intentionally.

History: Cerise grew up in Mahogany Town virtually carefree. Both her parents worked at home, so there was plenty of time to spend with them. She really didn't care that much for interacting with the other kids, but she had a close ring of friends. One of them being Dontae. Maybe at first she was just friends with him out of pity, but soon enough she realized that he had some serious issues in need of solving. She coaxed her family to take Dontae in so that he didn't have to bounce in between households. She even got Dontae to break out of his shell and go on a Pokemon journey with her when they became of age (it was the thing to do, after all). The two were practically unstoppable as a duo. They even went out of their way to go to Hoenn just so that they could challenge and defeat Tate and Liza. They thought about teaming up for the Striaton Gym challenge in Unova, too, but that was going over the top.

About a month ago, Cerise agreed to be Dontae's girlfriend. She wanted to joke about him taking that long to ask, but she was too happy to joke around like that. The two didn't really act that much different once they started dating; the major difference being that they started kissing each other. That was fine for the two of them. After all, they knew each other for years, so it just came naturally. Perhaps the strangest part of the relationship was the day Dontae decided that they should head to Kanto to face his parents. Maybe he wanted to prove that he hadn't needed them to raise him, or he just wanted to alienate them by defeating them and then kissing her right in front of them, but she could see how both could be pleasing to do. And then they won the tickets to Balice City... she was really excited for it! The two had received the tickets about a week or so ago, and they were ready to take a break from their escapade in the Kanto region.

But everything wasn't as easy-going as she thought. When the infection first started she almost became one of the first victims. If it wasn't for Dontae watching her back she'd be thoroughly done for. Then again, she also managed to get Dontae out of a few sticky situations. The two decided to call it even. It was frustrating to be kept trapped inside the infected city, so by the time Dontae had enough and proposed that they go in guns-blazing and force their way out she was all for it. Stocking up on all the foods and medical supplies necessary, she makes sure to stay near Dontae for cover as he stays close to her for rations and any possible cuts.

Weapon Preferences: Cerise doesn't like to fight the zombies, but if she must she'll use whatever she grabs from Dontae's backpack. Grenades (Incendiary or otherwise) and a socom pistol are her favorite ones. After all, "almost" counted with grenades.

Pokemon: After Dontae lost two of his Pokemon, Cerise sent all but one Pokemon into her storage system boxes. The only Pokemon on her team is:

Sensei the Bannette
Male
Insomnia
Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Substitute, Protect, and Will-o-Wisp

All the other pokemon are in her storage system:

Pringles the Jellicent
Martyr the Mienshao
Guardna the Golurk
Koren the Flygon
Shaker the Rhyperior
Crystal the Glaceon
Flippy the Lopunny
Jade the Liligant

Last edited:

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Reserved, I'll post in an hour or two - just want to make sure it's reserved. :D Couple questions - first, is the legendary something exclusive? Second, is there a list of the legendaries people have claimed so far?

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
^^
Woah, pretty big signature. 0~0

@Scarf Blade Sleeping is over-rated. ;D

@James No i doubt Legends are exclusive. Every one has one, why you ask? Only the GMs know. :D

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
^^
Woah, pretty big signature. 0~0

@Scarf Blade Sleeping is over-rated. ;D

@James No i doubt Legends are exclusive. Every one has one, why you ask? Only the GMs know. :D

Yeah, I liked how it looked but it takes up a ton of space...deleted.

I know I said I'd have this up earlier, but I decided to work on a picture...because I'm a nerd like that. I'm determined to finish before going to bed, though.

EDIT: Finished the picture, and almost done with the SU. :P

DOUBLE-EDIT: Just went back to look at the template and noticed…well, Destiny's a pretty powerful character, isn't she? o.O Just saying, because you told us to have a reasonable amount of Pokémon and not have ridiculous weapons, yet you have a military grade sniper rifle and twenty high level Pokémon just in the PC, not counting what you have with you…not to mention you have a shiny…but it's your RP. Do what you will, I guess.

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Name: Jack Spark

Legendary: Rayquaza

Appearance: Jack is a guy who isn't quite tall, but is fairly muscular, due to his passion for sports. He has dark brown hair, which seem almost black, but are brown if you look at it closely. He has black eyes, which actually look greyish due to his contact lenses. He is a rather pale person, and has faint hints of a beard on his face. He has several bruises and cuts from his narrow escapes from the Zombies. Jack also has a few spots on his face due to lack of sanitation. He has grown a bit thinner after the outbreak, due to his time on the run. He has a rather big wound on his face, which often makes people confuse him with the infected.

For clothing, Jack usually wears light clothes, clothes which help him to move quite freely and fast. He sticks to black colored clothes mostly. His favorite is a black jacket which his brother had gifted to him, and black trousers. They help him hide at night, making sure he doesn't get caught by Zombies. Jack also wears gloves, so that he doesn't have to touch the bodies of Zombies. He has a bunch of bandages wrapped around his legs and arms, making him look like a kind of mummy.

Personality: Jack is quite the popular kind of person, the one who got all the fame in school. He had always been into sports, he liked competitions of all sorts. After the outbreak, he came to find out that he was of no use in the situation he was in. He is afraid of zombies, afraid of dying, afraid of losing his friends. Even though he likes to act as a leader, and take control of situations, he is scared of hurting any other being, be it another human or zombie. This makes him absolutely useless in fights (Jack will fight later as his character develops). He becomes stressed out quite easily. When he is in a good mood, he's kind and helpful to everybody, when he's stressed, he'll snap at people, get annoyed easily, and start picking out faults in everybody.

He likes to stick to a group of people mostly, taking control. He is a person who gets attached to people rather easily and quickly, and always puts them first even if he is scared. His closest friends are his Pokemon. Jack is a type of person who doesn't like to see people around him sad, so he always to keep the mood upbeat, making jokes, being cheerful, etc.

History: Jack lived in Pallet Town, Kanto with his parents. His childhood had been great, he was spoiled by his parents, loved by his friends, and admired by his teachers in school. He was the perfect guy in school, excellent in studies, and great in sports. All the girls liked him, and he had a lot of friends. He was a great Pokemon trainer as well, he had great connections with Pokemon. As he grew up, he started to appreciate the attention he got, loving his friends and everybody. He soon became the top student in school.

Of course, everything changed when the outbreak occurred. His parents were infected, causing Jack to go on the run with a few of his Pokemon. His brother helped him escape from his parents, who had captured them both, and he after his escape he never saw his brother again. He assumed that he had died, and started to try and survive in the harsh conditions. He decided to try and find a group of survivors to save himself from a painful demise.

He has gotten himself into several problems with zombies. Once, he got into a fight with zombies inside a departmental store which he barely survived. He got bitten there, but did not get infected, realizing that he is immune to the disease. The battle, during which he didn't harm even a single zombie, left him with several scars and bruises. During another fight, his best friend Alexander died due to his wounds after a fight. He died because Jack had refused to hurt a zombie, feeling too scared, and the zombies had attacked Alexander all at once. These memories still haunt Jack's dreams, still making him feel scared. These losses though, are constantly pushing Jack towards the edge, making him feel more and more violent towards the zombies.

Weapon Preferences: Only a Baseball bat. (Currently, when he starts to fight, he'll replace it or enhance it to something more deadly)

Pokemon:

Party Pokemon

POKEMON 1

253.png

Species: Grovyle

Nickname: Nick

Moves: Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Quick Attack, Toxic, Dig, Aerial Ace, Rest, Dragon Breath, Focus Punch, Thunder Punch

Description: Nick is a real fighter, usually he stays cool and calm. He likes to fight, getting excited during fights. His really good friend is Kytes, and they both have a few moves they use together, as combination attacks. He will do anything to save Jack.

POKEMON 2

571.png

Species: Shiny Zoroark

Nickname: Kytes

Moves: Hyper Beam, Protect, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Aerial Ace, U-Turn, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse

Description: Kytes is a much more aggressive Pokemon. He is very speedy, and can easily take out a Pokemon in a single swipe. He is like a Partner in Crime of Nick, and they both protect Jack together.

POKEMON 3

018.png

Species: Pidgeot

Nickname: Sky

Moves: Air Slash, Fly, Steel Wing, Brave Bird, Heat Wave, Swift, Sky Attack

Description: Sky is a slightly aloof Pokemon, he often daydreams, and loses his focus. He is slightly lazy as well. He is quite attentive and serious in battles though.

POKEMON 4

078.png

Species: Rapidash

Nickname: Blaze

Moves: Agility, Flare Blitz, Bounce, Strength, Iron Tail

Description: Blaze is a very fast Pokemon, who is very handy for escaping from a huge group of Zombies.

POKEMON 5

131.png

Species: Lapras

Nickname: Azure

Moves: Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Roar, Psychic, Surf, Waterfall, Dive

Description: Azure is very useful for traveling over large bodies of water. She acts like a mother to all Pokemon, protection all of them and taking care of them.

POKEMON 6

132.png

Species: Ditto (Shiny)

Nickname: Replicus

Moves: Transform

Description: Replicus is a huge prankster, he loves to crack jokes. He is very powerful after he transforms, and has a perfect memory, he is able to remember all previous transformations.

I'll add the Pokemon after some time :D

Done ^^ Instead of having a lotta Pokemon, I made Jack have only a standard team.

also, before I forget... ZOMG JERKBENDING

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Yeah, I liked how it looked but it takes up a ton of space...deleted.

I know I said I'd have this up earlier, but I decided to work on a picture...because I'm a nerd like that. I'm determined to finish before going to bed, though.

EDIT: Finished the picture, and almost done with the SU. :P

DOUBLE-EDIT: Just went back to look at the template and noticed…well, Destiny's a pretty powerful character, isn't she? o.O Just saying, because you told us to have a reasonable amount of Pokémon and not have ridiculous weapons, yet you have a military grade sniper rifle and twenty high level Pokémon just in the PC, not counting what you have with you…not to mention you have a shiny…but it's your RP. Do what you will, I guess.

Well, we said to have the amount of Pokemon reasonable to your character, and I think thirty Pokemon is reasonable for someone that has travelled all five regions over six years(just look at Ash, he has thirty Tauros alone that he caught in one day). Levels don't matter, by the way, as we won't actually be using them. If you want a Pokemon to learn a new move/evolve/anything that's level based, you can judge when it's best to do something like that, as long as you tell us beforehand. Also, anybody may have a shiny(as many people have already signed up with them, you may too ^.^).
Also, I just googled the weapons to give her(rather than just saying "Sniper Rifle") and from what I read, it can also be used by police(explaining where Destiny got it from: She could have taken it from a zombie police officer) and for her other gun, just raid a gun shop?
And lastly, I came up with that long, tragic, cliche history on the spot, but I'm not sure if that makes her sound any more powerful.
Besides, it's not like we'll really be fighting each other, I'll be protecting you people as you cower in the corner from the murderous zombies! X3
By the way, you are reserved.
We will also probably start accepting people tommorow, so get your SUs in quick if you want to have a better chance at getting accepted!

@-DeepImpact- - I see that Nick shall be making another appearance in a zombie Role-Play ;3 We'll give you the special honor of having to fight off a pack of zombie Charizard with only Nick able to battle! Lol, kidding(or am I?!) ;P

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Word man, sounds good. :P

Here's my profile btw! Took longer than I thought it would, but at least it's up.

Name: Lorelei Grazini

Legendary: Suicune

Appearance:

lorelei-1.png

Lorelei is roughly average height and weight for a girl, measuring in at 5'5 and a hundred fifteen pounds. She dyed her hair purple a few months ago and gave it pink tips, but she changes the color of her hair radically once or twice a year. Her hair is medium length at the moment, but it's quickly starting to grow out. Lorie has vibrant green eyes and a wry smile that suggests arrogance, even though she can veil it if need be. Her favorite color is either purple or green. Because of this, her already limited wardrobe is restricted to these colors as well, plus a couple ragtag jackets she's managed to acquire. She has a pair of black, grimy steam-punk goggles that she wears on her head as more of a fashion statement than any type of advantage. Lorie tends to keep all of her skin covered up minus her fingers and face, knowing that exposed skin is a death warrant. Her general clothing for a day consists of a dark blue jacket, a thin plain black hooded sweatshirt underneath, and white undershirt – all are ordinary so that they're easily changeable. She's no fashion diva. That said, she does have both purple and green sets of pantyhose as one of the only unusual bits of clothing to wear, two sets of each, and she wears them all days without fail. Lorie also has a black and green knapsack with a star, in which she keeps all of her survival equipment, ranging from nonperishable foods to first aid kits and a self-filtering water bottle. She used to keep her Pokeballs in there too, but she doesn't anymore due to their inaccessibility at times. Now, she keeps her five Pokeballs strapped to a belt fastened on the inside of her jacket. It's unconventional, sure, but it gets the job done, and it allows her almost completely free range of movement.

Personality:

Lorie is adept at hiding her problems, tending to put on a friendly guise whenever the situation calls for it. Because of her skill at deception, she is also a capable pickpocket and general thief, though it matters less now that most stores are halfway deserted. She is comfortable with appearance, almost indulgent in her good looks, and uses them to manipulate others – all's fair in love and the days of zombie apocalypse. She can be extremely heartless and cruel when the situation calls for it, knowing that hesitating would only make everything more difficult.

Deep down, though, Lorie is horribly self-loathing and has little self-esteem to speak of. She blames herself for a lot of what happened between her parents, thinking that perhaps it was the stress of a child under such a low salary that made them hate each other. By extension, this also led to her blaming herself for her father's suicide. Lorie frequently ponders life and what might or might not come after it, and has hence labeled herself an agnostic. She's cynical and untrusting, but more than that, she's lonely.

If anything, she treats her Pokémon like friends because they're all she has now that the world's gone insane. She rarely catches Pokémon, choosing only those who she feels a connection with upon meeting. Her Eevee was given to her when she was younger, but her other Pokémon were all acquired a year or more apart, all in a variety of places. For example, she caught Jacques initially in a forest, 'adopted' (aka stole) Winfred from a shelter, took care of Kaidan when she found him injured on the road (probably migrated due to the change of seasons, but she's unsure) and was simply lucky enough to happen upon Lily.

History:

Lorie grew up in a fairly standard middle-class white American home. Her father was working as a police officer (though he later retired and began working in the sheriff's office) and her mother was a stay-at-home mom. Though their income was low, they managed to get by due to Lorie being an only child, and eventually Lorie enrolled in a preschool. At the same time, her parents bought her an Eevee, and this would be the Pokémon Lorie grew up with. She nicknamed the Eevee Eva, less because it sounded like Eevee's name and more because she thought it was a beautiful name.

Her life continued to be ordinary as she grew up, all the way through most of middle school. She was well-liked but not outrageously popular, and she was modestly active in school activities. But in seventh grade, she had her first boyfriend, and he introduced her to a band called The Blood Brothers. The band was chaotic and melodic at the same time, utilizing what then sounded to her like unadulterated noise. She loved it. But when her boyfriend broke up with her after a couple months (in middle school time, this is actually impressive) she became somewhat of an emotional wreck, filled with angst and bitterness.

She entered high school as a true loner, having shut off almost all of her relationships, including that of her parents. By now, her parents were having marriage problems, though she was unaware of it. Her mother was committing adultery with several men, and her father was just now starting to have suspicions. They tried to hide it from her daughter, but in the middle of her freshman year, she came home to them screaming and crying at each other, and her life started to crumble before her eyes even more quickly. As a minute bright spot, her Eevee had evolved into a Leafeon – however, the Leafeon was also one of her only friends at this point.

As a way of escaping the harshness of her life, Lorie began to skip school in order to search for rare Pokémon and further train her Leafeon. Pokémon training had become a way of silently rebelling, and aside from music, she did little else in her life. As she entered her sophomore year at age fourteen (younger than most in her class) she started practicing Jeet Kune Do as well, feeling that it might help distract her even further.

Lorie had already been going through the beginning stages of depression, but now she started to lapse even further. Her parents had once cared deeply for her, but now they had been blinded by their own loathing for each other. Her father still showed signs of love for her, but he was quickly starting to take out his own anger on his daughter, and he started with verbally abusing her. As time went on and he grew more and more stressed, the abuse turned physical. Lorie shut herself in more than ever now, realizing that it was the only way she could avoid being hurt worse. Her father threatened even murder if she told the police as he grew more desperate, though he'd usually follow it up with a "you know I love you, sweetie. This is the only way." She knew he'd once loved her as a father, but now she couldn't believe at all in his sincerity.

The marriage was only still existent because her mother wanted to live off her father's income, and because her father wanted to keep an eye on Lorie's mother, but it was on the brink of being destroyed. By sophomore year, Lorie was suicidal, tending to stab herself with small sticks and metal objects rather than cut, as a puncture wound was easier to hide and vastly more painful.

Near the end of her sophomore year, Lorie's parents had a divorce. Three weeks later, Lorie's father, the only person left in her life worth loving, committed suicide by poisoning himself with carbon monoxide by leaving the car running in the garage when he got home from work. When she found the body, Lorie ran away rather than wait for the police, wanting to start a new life. She stole his wallet and his .40 S&W, along with the ammunition, fearful of what might become of the rest of her life.

Unbeknownst to Lorie, the fact that she stole some of his possessions started a semi-equivalent manhunt for her, and the police wanted to bring her in for questioning, thinking it possible that she was implicated in murder. She found out about this indirectly, as she had changed everything about herself – her clothing, her hair color and style, she even stopped wearing makeup – and she walked by a missing poster. It was asking that the person who found her call the authorities, as they needed her for questioning.

Lorie panicked and used almost all of her leftover cash to book a flight to Tokyo, Japan, desperate to put as much distance between herself and the authorities as possible. She moved from there to Balice so that she could remain relatively unperturbed, and she slowly started to learn Japanese so as to blend in more fluidly. She only went into the nearby cities to get food and water. Most of the time she'd steal instead of using the cash she'd taken from her father's credit card after he died, if only because everything was so expensive. She started to steal almost anything, ranging from food to clothing, from a self-filtering water bottle to Potions at the Pokemart.

Many years passed like this before the zombie plague began. Lorie was one of the last ones to realize it, due to her limited contact with others, but this reason also helped Lorie survive for as long as she has. She currently resides at an ice skating rink with plywood barring the doors, believing it to be one of the best locations for holding off a rush of zombies. There is food and drink in the vending machines, as well as more back in storage, but Lorie is smart enough to realize that it won't last forever. She's been thinking for a while about leaving the rink again, despite its advantages – zombies aren't very fast on ice, easy food supply, out of the way, etc. She wants to see if there is anyone else out there. Even loners get lonely.

Weapon Preferences:

Lorie usually relies on her Pokémon, but she's also intelligent enough to have a weapon on hand (along with several boxes of ammunition in her black and green knapsack). She keeps a pair of .40 Smith and Wesson pistols that she looted a while back on her person at all times. Others might speculate that these weapons are too light, but she prefers them due to exactly that – they're light and easy to use, but they also have a ton of stopping power. She only has two for ease of reloading – she isn't Rambo. But having two of the pistols allows her to empty one clip, empty another, and then reload with the spare magazines she keeps. She has training with the pistol from her now-dead father, who used to be a police officer. The only difference between her and her father's style with guns is the fact that Lorie uses hollow point bullets. An S&W is typically more than enough to lay a zombie out flat with a good shot, though Lorie sticks by the rule of double-tap whenever a life is in jeopardy – one in the chest area, and when it falls, one in the head.

That said, Lorie isn't idiotic enough to think that her ammunition is unlimited. Though she stocks up on bullets and cleans her weaponry whenever she gets to a new city, she also practices martial arts, Jeet Kune Do to be exact. She initially was a very strong practitioner of Jujutsu, dating from back when she was seven, due to her father's possible paranoia and wish to have his daughter as well-protected as possible. When she turned fourteen, though, she turned to other forms of martial arts as a way of expanding her horizons, and as a subtle form of rebellion against her parents. As Jeet Kune Do is extremely personalized and focused on speed rather than strength, she started practicing this instead, drawing upon her knowledge of Jujutsu to make the style truly her own. When she fights, she focuses mainly on extremely speedy punches and grappling with her opponent, pinning them to the ground as soon as possible. She is also deft with disarming other people's weapons. If matched up against someone in a contest of sheer strength, though, Lorie would likely lose. She's not weak by any stretch of the imagination, but she isn't exactly a bodybuilder either.

Pokémon:

470.gif

Name: Eva (Leafeon F)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Sunny Day, Sand Attack, Leaf Blade, Toxic, Jerkbend Solarbeam, Quick Attack, Synthesis, Swords Dance, Dig, Giga Drain

461.gif

Name: Kaidan (Weavile M)
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Revenge, Ice Shard, Agility, Quick Attack, Hone Claws, Metal Claw, Taunt, Fake Out, Pursuit

637.gif

Name: Lily (Volcarona F)
Ability: Flame Body
Moves: Whirlwind, Quiver Dance, Silver Wind, Protect, Fiery Dance, Hurricane, Morning Sun, Bug Buzz, String Shot

508.gif

Name: Winfred (Stoutland M)
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Return, Work Up, Roar, Crunch, Yawn, Double Team, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang

212.gif

Name: Jacques (Scizor M)
Ability: Technician
Moves: U-Turn, Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Iron Defense, Focus Energy, Night Slash, Acrobatics, Feint

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
@James In Flames - Oh my Arceus, did you make that picture, from scratch? Amazing! A better visual than I'd ever be able to give(I have a drawing of my character Brent, but it kinda sucks, lol)!
But could you give us a last name for Lorie and also state how she ended up in Balice? I mean, while you do say that she ran away and everything, you didn't say that she ended up in Balice. Although, while I'm not exactly sure where Balice is located, it's more than likely in Japan as that's where most of the regions(other than Unova, probably, but I'm not sure about that) are. So... just add in how she got to Japan/Balice. Great SU besides that :D

Michaela and I shall begin discussing whom is accepted soon, I'm sending her a message now, so if your SU isn't done, GET IT DONE MAH FRIENDS!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
@James In Flames - Oh my Arceus, did you make that picture, from scratch? Amazing! A better visual than I'd ever be able to give(I have a drawing of my character Brent, but it kinda sucks, lol)!
But could you give us a last name for Lorie and also state how she ended up in Balice? I mean, while you do say that she ran away and everything, you didn't say that she ended up in Balice. Although, while I'm not exactly sure where Balice is located, it's more than likely in Japan as that's where most of the regions(other than Unova, probably, but I'm not sure about that) are. So... just add in how she got to Japan/Balice. Great SU besides that :D

Michaela and I shall begin discussing whom is accepted soon, I'm sending her a message now, so if your SU isn't done, GET IT DONE MAH FRIENDS!

O crap I need to add a few more paragraphs to mine!

(Just kidding) Thought I might do some proof reading though.

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012

Oh my bad bahaha, completely missed the bit about Balice somehow. I'll edit that in right away. Same with the last name.

And...I wish I could draw that well! It's actually a picture I heavily edited that was drawn by VietNguyen on deviantart as how he thinks Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim should look. It took forever to find a picture that looked like what I wanted Lorie to be, particularly something with the steampunk goggles and a satchel, but I'm happy I found it eventually. ^^ But yeah, Nguyen made the drawing...I just did the coloring and such.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
@James in Flames: Someone else already took Suicune, so would you mind changing it? I'd say, go through the lists of SUs to see which ones have been taken...Although, there could be a chance that the person who took Suicune will not be accepted, so your character will be safe with Suicune...Keep it for now, we'll see about it later. xD

I shall go message Nakuzami now. xD

Back