• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
If i wanted to play the final version of this game how long would i have to wait 1 year?

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
Im stuck, I have all 16 badges and explored the seacavern and recovered the ruby. If someone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated, i have no clue what else to do. My questions are:

1. As i said i recovered the ruby, and looked for the sapphire, before kyogre used to be in this spot, but instead of finding a sapphire I get a F**cking red scarf? Is this a glitch? bc ive looked for the sapphire everywhere in the cavern

2. Im using the 3rd beta, i went to prf oak to get clearance for mt silver but he just keeps repeating the same. "ah youre in Kanto, the trainers here are tough" line. i figured theres more for me to do to unlock mt silver, ive heard theres a safari storyline?? If theres more for me to do please help i hate asking on here bc i want a challenge but im confused.

Help!

a follow up bc i know someone will answer with elite 4 rnd 2, i went back to beat them again but theyre pokemon were exactly the same levels high 40s low 60s, so is there something i must do to before i can face them again to access mt silver?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
i have a question, i have a savedata from one or two releases before the pokegear update (the first release with the "new" pokegear), will my savedata work with the latest one?

can someone answer this to me?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
can someone answer this to me?

This question has been answered before. If your release is 3.2 or lower, then yes your savedata is outdated and will not work with the latest release.

Last edited:
Years
Im stuck, I have all 16 badges and explored the seacavern and recovered the ruby. If someone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated, i have no clue what else to do. My questions are:

1. As i said i recovered the ruby, and looked for the sapphire, before kyogre used to be in this spot, but instead of finding a sapphire I get a F**cking red scarf? Is this a glitch? bc ive looked for the sapphire everywhere in the cavern

2. Im using the 3rd beta, i went to prf oak to get clearance for mt silver but he just keeps repeating the same. "ah youre in Kanto, the trainers here are tough" line. i figured theres more for me to do to unlock mt silver, ive heard theres a safari storyline?? If theres more for me to do please help i hate asking on here bc i want a challenge but im confused.

Help!

a follow up bc i know someone will answer with elite 4 rnd 2, i went back to beat them again but theyre pokemon were exactly the same levels high 40s low 60s, so is there something i must do to before i can face them again to access mt silver?
Talk with Prof. Oak now and he will tell you the directions to go to Orange Islands only after you have defeated Champion Red and beated the Elites 2nd time

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
Years
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but here are a few minor things that I've seen.

*Staryu only gives off 1 EXP. I think there's a bug with its base EXP.
*Scyther apparently gives LESS EXP than Beedrill, although I though Scyther initially had a higher base EXP.

That's all I have for now.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
There's a bug in the game, the man who gives map extension doesn't come to you when you enter Cherrygrove town for the first time. And the traded pokemon (Mareep in the Cherrygrove PC) doesn't listen after level 10, I already have 2 badges.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
Just wondering but if I play this now and a new patch comes up do I just patch the already patched game, or do I patch a whole new firered? Does my progess save when I switch patches, or do I have to start all over?

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
You can patch the game your progress won't be lost just new changes would occur, no need to worry you will be the place where you were when you last saved.

Years
I love playing this hack, I have 17 badges and I'm currently on Orange Islands. I seem to have gotten stuck here, the cave on Route 53 and caves on Sandway Town are blocked by Nexus Grunts. Also I can't enter Cave Of Wisdom as some guy is blocking it and saying it is closed due to mysterious things going on. Please help, Thanks!

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
I have tried it, I made hack of emerald(not released here), then I used my sav file from the unhacked version and was in the location where I saved last in the original game.(In PC of Dewford I think).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
I have tried it, I made hack of emerald(not released here), then I used my sav file from the unhacked version and was in the location where I saved last in the original game.(In PC of Dewford I think).

Yes but how much did you play of it then. You would find that you would not get very far without crashing or running into a ton of bugs and errors.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Yes but how much did you play of it then. You would find that you would not get very far without crashing or running into a ton of bugs and errors.

See the new patch is just an upgrade for the game, so it won't effect the gameplay at all. One can just continue as there is no change in the locations, pokemons. It would be just some bug fixes and new locations.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
Ok so im in Sandway town i know im supposed to talk to the guy w/ the charmeleon to trigger following crystal cave events but everytime i speak to him he just asks if i know anything about the crystal onix? im sure i defeated every nexus team member on the island. is there anything i need to do so the guy with the charmeleon goes to the crystal cave? i really dont want to cheat

ch4r1zard

Burner of backsides
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
Ok so im in Sandway town i know im supposed to talk to the guy w/ the charmeleon to trigger following crystal cave events but everytime i speak to him he just asks if i know anything about the crystal onix? im sure i defeated every nexus team member on the island. is there anything i need to do so the guy with the charmeleon goes to the crystal cave? i really dont want to cheat

i believe u have to go back to sandway town, go into the museum and tak to one of the NPCs in there (cant remember which one, i talked to all of them)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
See the new patch is just an upgrade for the game, so it won't effect the gameplay at all. One can just continue as there is no change in the locations, pokemons. It would be just some bug fixes and new locations.

This is so wrong, I don't even know where to start explaining. Look at it this way, if I tried to use a save file for, let's say, The Legend of Zelda on Pokémon, would you expect it to work? Of course not!

The principle is the same. We've changed so much data around that, for all intents and purposes, LC is no longer FireRed in any make shape or form.

ETA: Apparently, some people don't understand the use of analogies...

i believe u have to go back to sandway town, go into the museum and tak to one of the NPCs in there (cant remember which one, i talked to all of them)

You speak to the grunt directly north of the crystal shop, the one who stops you going into the middle entrance, then go speak to the crystal shop owner. If I remember right, it continues the storyline.

Last edited:

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
@Jombo51: I say the sav from LC of beta 1 can be used for beta 3. I don't mean the use of FR sav for LC.
So the new patch can be used for the game with the old patch.

Back