• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Hackmew! Your the reason I started Rom Hacking. I saw your tools and was amazed. You need to come back, make more tools! I named myself Munchhack after you! I look up to you! You need to come back! We need the Legendary Hackmew back. We need more tools, without your XSE, I wouldn't even be able to script! Please come back Hackmew. You need to come back.

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2020
It does NOT contain a virus. A-Trainer is packed with UPX and some AVs tend to mark everything that's packed with UPX as dangerous.
Here, I unpacked/uncompressed it for you.
I FREAKING LOVE YOU! I can finally start my harder version of Firered :D!

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
A problem arised with the "A-Trainer" tool.

When trying to change the trainer's picture, any attempt to go past picture 2 (the female Pokémon breeder sprite) results in an error.
It says "Subscript out of range. LZ77UnComp@modLZ77".

If it helps, I was trying to hack Emerald, and I'm using Windows 7.

Apart from the trainer sprite problem, it all seems to work though, I'm just curious why it is giving me this error and how I could fix it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
A problem arised with the "A-Trainer" tool.

When trying to change the trainer's picture, any attempt to go past picture 2 (the female Pokémon breeder sprite) results in an error.
It says "Subscript out of range. LZ77UnComp@modLZ77".

If it helps, I was trying to hack Emerald, and I'm using Windows 7.

Apart from the trainer sprite problem, it all seems to work though, I'm just curious why it is giving me this error and how I could fix it.
Have you opened the ROM with UnLZ?
This error most likely signalizes that sprites in ROM are uncompressed... UnLZ opening compresses them.
So after opening it with UnLZ it should be okay.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 23, 2013
When I try and load my Emerald ROM in A-Trainer, I get an error message saying "Subscript is out of range - DrawTile8@ModLZ77", and then I can't proceed any farther? This is the first time that this has happened when I've used it, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It isn't just my modified ROM, a clean one gets the same message.

Also, the Bug.txt file gets this printed out into it: "20121016|224113|6.1.7601|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|4" if that helps identify the problem.

This is kinda a big deal, so if someone could help me fix this, I'd really appreciate it.

I´ve got the same Problem my Bug.txt says:
20130903|171735|6.1.7601|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|5

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
I´ve got the same Problem my Bug.txt says:
20130903|171735|6.1.7601|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|5

Same problem here. Im using Windows 7 64-Bit with SP1.
A clean reinstall of the OS on a VM fixed the problem for me, but using a vm to do all the work is not really a good alternative.
Also this error seems to have to do something with visual basic.
Since i disabled some of the services on my system i guess this could be the issue.
Did anyone else who has this problem disable or enable any services?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 23, 2013
Go to the .ini file, and change AutoUpdateCheck=1, to AutoUpdateCheck=0, this is a problem that has effected all of hackmew's tools since he took down his site.
Hello NarutoActor,
I can´t find the .ini file :(

If you´d answere I´d be very thankfull!!

Agous

Solid Mercury?
Years
Hey. I really need XSE 1.1.1. my version is stopping me script. idk why. pls provide me with a link. thanks so much

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
In XSE my Free Space Finder is greyed out, I've tried putting the program into the folder i have XSE in but it doesn't seem to be working. Can someone plz help me this is kinda annoying me?? (thanks for the help in advance and sorry for asking such a n00bish question.)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
You should change the pointers in the Sprites.ini file, assuming you know what you're doing. Or simply get another ROM.
Hey,
I'm devoting my time to fixing a glitchy hack rom called Chaos Black- it's a hack of FireRed. Apparantly its not the highest version, so I can't edit it in Overworld. You said something about pointers and Sprites.ini- do you know of a page telling me how to fix it that way?

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2015
So I moved all my hacking stuff onto another computer and tried to start hacking again today. But, this computer's security **** thought that A-Trainer had malware or some ****, deleted it, and then after awhile I figured out how to restore A-Trainer. The only problem is that now whenever I load a ROM in it, I get the error message "Subscript out of range. DrawTile8@modLZ77" and have to close out of it. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

EDIT: I even got the same message when I downloaded A-Trainer again and tried to use that one.

Last edited:

pokemaker200

NIDOTHING!!! look up
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
thank you this helped a lot its just the background you can't read anything

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
I heard great things about XSE and I really want to use it. However, the download link for the program doesn't work. It says that the website is up for sale. Is there another website that you could upload the program to?

Back