• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
More lucky moments on GTS..

There's currently someone giving away a ton of Unown (various letters) for random normal pokemon.. I personally managed to nab 13 of them until I decided I didn't want anymore. At first i thought maybe they were clones, since whoever it was was posting 2 at a time (using two DS') but that was until i noticed they were all different letters.

Then I unloaded one of my two extra Mewtwos for another Xerneas then finished my GTS adventures when I got yet another Xerneas for a Froakie!!

lol yes, with so many xerneas at my disposal, I can trade them around for Yvetal, Zapdos, Articuno, or get lucky and find a listing or two of more previous gen Legendaries that as for one (which i had already scooped up a couple using Xerneas), but also xD lol I threw 6 of them into my party, and when I got a random challenge by a passerby, lol I chose the box with the 6 Xerneas.. best of all, it was a request for a triple battle... I bet their heart/morale just sunk... was a crazy (and unfair) triple dazzling gleam sweep.

hmm strange... just noticed the unown in my pc spell out help & in my other box they spell out leave now

Last edited:

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
they're afraid horrified of their new captor (you) :P

There i just hopped on GTS and traded yet another Vivilion for an Unown, a letter J this time, and mixed the letters around xD.. Person is still at it, two posted every time i check for normal pokemon. I guess one is attempting to get all the Vivilion patterns, the other is asking for normal pokemon such as palipitoad, bellsprout, amoogus, etc to complete pokedex I assume.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
The first unknown I ever say was a shiny, so I didn't know it was one. I just killed it, but somebody watching over my shoulder told me it was one. The very next unknown I saw was shiny.

Years
The first unknown I ever say was a shiny, so I didn't know it was one. I just killed it, but somebody watching over my shoulder told me it was one. The very next unknown I saw was shiny.

I didn't think there was a place to catch Unown in X and Y? I'd love to know where it is, if such a place exists!

Also, so much for Mareep being 50/50 male/female... got my fourth shiny male one yesterday. XD

I also snagged one of those Unowns for a Vivillon. I got the ! one. :)

Edit (almost 8 hours later): I wanted to add that I finally got that female Mareep I've been pining for!! :D I caught her about an hour and a half ago and have been leveling her up to evolve into a beautiful pink Ampharos! ;) She's gorgeous! Totally worth the wait (especially with that awesome mega evolution!)! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
A couple days ago, after Chain Fishing for 4 hours straight and 2 shiny Skrelp), i finally caught the Shiny Shellder i was looking for!! I was extremely excited because i needed Cloyster in my pokedex and I've always wanted to use one in my team, so i figured why not fish for a shiny one? and after 4 hours it finally appeared! now i have a beautiful Blue Cloyster in my party (:

Years
So I found two shines in the Friend Safari on Saturday - a Bergmite and a Cascoon, within like two hours of each other.

However, the Bergmite had a Timid nature, which isn't ideal for Avalugg at all. =(

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
Years
Last night I was in a ditto Friend Safari, and I had been there a while without encountering any dittos after the first 3, so I was about to call it quits when I decided to try it one more time. Sure enough, as soon as I stepped into the grass I found a shiny Aipom. By far my luckiest moment yet.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 4, 2018
I had three:
During one of the gym battles, I got a Special Attack O-Power and because of that, I managed to beat the gym leader...Deus Ex Machina...lol...

The second was during the championship battle...I underestimated the Elite Four due to the amount of people who said they were "easy" and for the single player games, I don't usually try having a very synergized team...Three of my pokemon were Dragons (Tyrantrum and Goodra, plus Mega-Charizard X)...When I got to Mega-Gardevoir, she critted my Charizard and Goodra to death, and eventually it just came down to my Carbink and her Mega-Gardevoir...I had to play the Revive shuffle with only like 3 revives left...But I knew Carbink could take multiple hits...Anyway, When I was finally down to a full HP Carbink, I ended up having to PP stall her...Fortunately, I remembered all those X-Special Defenses you find throughout the game...lol...And Moonblast got a few Special Attack drops...She ended up struggling to death (It was at that moment, I hit myself upside the head for not bringing Toxic on anything and being dumb)...

Third luckiest was when I said aloud to myself, "A Shiny Ariados would be cool"...And my next wild encounter was a Shiny Ariados...Actually, Idk if that qualifies as luck as much as a "Lol, totally foreshadowed that" moment...

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
JUST CAUGHT A SHINY POLIWRATH ON CAMERA AFTER FISHING FOR ABOUT AN HOUR!!!! (and on the same day as catching shiny Alomomola, probably my luckiest Pokémon moment i ever had) :) ! :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
JUST CAUGHT A SHINY POLIWRATH ON CAMERA AFTER FISHING FOR ABOUT AN HOUR!!!! (and on the same day as catching shiny Alomomola, probably my luckiest Pokémon moment i ever had) :) ! :)
Are you using Suction Cups and Surf? Also, keep to the rocks :)

Makes it go faster.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Luckiest moment was a few days ago when I caught my first shiny EVER. It was a Gurdurr in Victory Road and it was a random encounter entirely. Since it was my first shiny, you can imagine my reaction for yourselves. (Seriously though? I've played Pokemon since I was 6 and I did every method known to man to get a shiny, but the first one I get is by random encounter in a game 6 generations since my first game? XD)

Crady

It ain't even bright in here
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
A Noivern missing Hurricane twice and a Mawile missing playrough in the same battle :D

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I never thought how lucky I was to have gotten a Naive Xerneas w/ 31 IVs in HP, Attack, SpAttack and Speed until I tried to get an Yveltal with a +Spd Nature and Perfect IV's in Hp, SpAttack and Speed and it was difficult trying to get the perfect IVs much more with the Nature I wanted.

Another thing is that my Xerneas was caught at random. No knowledge of it's best stats and no care for the suitable condition.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
Definitely when I encountered and catched my first shiny Pokémon ever in the history of playing Pokémon. :D I was chaining Furfrou and didn't even notice the sparkle until it jumped on my face and I screamed like a little girl seeing Justin Bieber naked.

I hope to manage to chain male Furfrou next so I could run duo with both of them having different styles. Black Furfrou is just awesome and I love it <3

Years
I just found a Tyrogue in a Friend Safari with 4 perfect IVs. :O 31 Attack, Sp Atk, Sp Def and Speed. And 30 HP. If the HP and Sp Atk had switched, it'd be slightly better, but still, quite happy to have pulled that. (Or it would've been even better if it was a Ditto.)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Hatched a shiny Froakie with a perfect spread of IVs. No game manipulation at all, just darn lucky the day-care gods were smiling on me :)

Back