• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Ultimate End

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Still more bug fixes to the game:

Version 1.00 to 1.02
-Route 43 is edited so that getting to Red Gyarados won't be so tricky
-The prison guard in Olivine doesn't have that strong team anymore
-Fixed the trainer bug above Olivine
-A minor mapping bug in Route 2 fixed

Red Gyarados -reappering bug may be fixed later

EDIT:
I started the walkthrough too and uploaded a part of it.
It has info of the leaders and what to do up to the 3rd gym.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
Hey there.
Just wanted to report a Glitch I found. If you go through Alph Ruins and finally reach the spot where you can find Unown... well, theres a ladder there, just like in the original Pokemon Crystal.
If you use this ladder, you end stuck in a tree.
Check the attachments if you dont know which ladder I mean.

edit: You cant get out of there anyway. The only way out would be the ladder or an Escape Rope, as far as I know.

miksy91

Years
Hey there.
Just wanted to report a Glitch I found. If you go through Alph Ruins and finally reach the spot where you can find Unown... well, theres a ladder there, just like in the original Pokemon Crystal.
If you use this ladder, you end stuck in a tree.
Check the attachments if you dont know which ladder I mean.

edit: You cant get out of there anyway. The only way out would be the ladder or an Escape Rope, as far as I know.
how did you get to unown's place ?
I thought it was impossible :O

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
The same stuff like in the original Crystal, using an Escape Rope (or was it Flash? Meh.) at the place where the scientist is standing.
This opens a hole, go through a little bit, end up at another hole, fall through -> You are now there.

I sure hope I didn't describe it too confusing.
Also, I found another graphic bug at the Lighthouse.
See Attachment.

Otherwise, great game.

miksy91

Years
The same stuff like in the original Crystal, using an Escape Rope (or was it Flash? Meh.) at the place where the scientist is standing.
This opens a hole, go through a little bit, end up at another hole, fall through -> You are now there.

I sure hope I didn't describe it too confusing.
Also, I found another graphic bug at the Lighthouse.
See Attachment.

Otherwise, great game.
Oh okay...
I didn't design it so that unown's place could be entered but I just move the outer-warp point somewhere else so that you won't get stuck.

That's not a bug but just a joke :P

EDIT:
Well that unown-glitch thingy has been fixed now too and patch file 1.03 uploaded...
Hope there aren't many other bugs like that which I don't know about :|

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
The Idea? I assume you've never played a Miksy hack before, right? He's done a good variaty of them.

The gym leader type thing is done often in hacks. I like the changes. This isn't GSC as it was originally presented, you know...

And Cut being a Flying move makes it useful. It gives some pokemon extra coverage (Like a lot of Grass pokemon)

Quite right. I'm sorry I was so rude before, Miksy.
I'll give the game a gander and see how it turns out for me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2010
good! did u add any new pokemons in ?
oh wait..this is a gbc game ! i just noticed wow.

miksy91

Years
Quite right. I'm sorry I was so rude before, Miksy.
I'll give the game a gander and see how it turns out for me.
That's okay :D

good! did u add any new pokemons in ?
oh wait..this is a gbc game ! i just noticed wow.
It's practically possible to add GBA sprited pokemon (=pokemon from R/S/E) to G/S/C. However AgiXP which is mainly used to do that works only with gold and silver and I don't know how to do this in hex so I haven't :(

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
How did I manage to overlook this GBC hack? :O Currently just beaten Bugsy and I'm trying to monotype it because I'm a complete sadist.. I like how you've made it much more than it could have been (i.e new maps, new town order), makes it much more than a battle/balance-tweaked hack. Two thumbs up from me :)

Years
This game is a difficult one. I managed to beat the game on one day surprisingly, I even told Miksy on his YouTube account where I was. I'll play the fixed version and finish it on one day at a time, next time. OH YEAH BABY NEXT TIME!!!!...!

Yeah...???

Years
Gotta say, tough but fun. Beat the e4 with:
Charizard, 87, Slash, Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Ember
Ampharos, 85, Thundershock, Thunderpunch, Strength, Tackle
Staryu, 81, Surf, Hydro Pump, Recover, Swift
Dragonite, 55, Slam Wing Attack, Outrage(had to level to 50 as a dratini for that), Fly
Psyduck, 16, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Confusion, Flash
Oddish, 12, Cut, Absorb, Sweet Scent

Oddly enough despite taking the time to make it I have yet to use the Dragonite, and Ampharos despite not being very good has been my "Prime" Pokemon XD

EDIT: Also Just as I was getting off the Ship I went to that patch of grass on 36 looking for a random poke and low and behold, entei appeared just after I had caught a Porygon :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
It won't let me into the E4. Says I need to get all the Johto badges, but I've already beat the guy with the level 70 mewtwo. When I go to my trainer card, it says I'm still missing 5/7. Any clues? And I still haven't gotten the HM Fly.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2010
love the hack so far, but after beating whitney i dont now where to go :/
help would be awesome!!
thanks for another great game :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
First of all, I'd like to say that I like the core mechanics behind this hack. A) It's harder. B) You can catch any pokemon, excluding the few you mentioned. C) No trade level-ups. Thank god. This is the sort of hack I can really enjoy--especially since it's one of Crystal.

But my praise comes not without criticisms. I'm noticing a lot of minor things that gives the game a sort of 'unpolished' or 'rushed' feel. For instance, the starters are Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur, yet the text and speech read the Johto starters. In some areas, such as Rock Tunnel after the Ruins of Alph puzzle, I exit only to find myself in Viridian City. When I enter a building, it informs me I am in Cianwood or Azalea town. These errors are small, but they add up.

I'm not seeing any major issues, honestly, besides text-based ones. Good work on the hack.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
Um, from what I understand about rom hacking (very little, btdubz), Pokemon Crystal doesn't have a text editor, correct me if I'm wrong. So, this makes it very difficult to change the text in game.

Overall, while I'm still early in the game, I like it. Its challenging, however, it provides you with very decedent Pokemon, and non trade evolutions are a Godsend.

miksy91

Years
Um, from what I understand about rom hacking (very little, btdubz), Pokemon Crystal doesn't have a text editor, correct me if I'm wrong. So, this makes it very difficult to change the text in game.

Overall, while I'm still early in the game, I like it. Its challenging, however, it provides you with very decedent Pokemon, and non trade evolutions are a Godsend.
Now, there is a text editor as I changed the ini-files of Poketext to load text in crystal instead of gold & silver. It can be downloaded in Skeetendo Inc.

darthfader

Pokemon Trainer RED
Years
may i ask if this hack is completed? i'm sorry if i am a bit lazy to read through all the posts..

anyways, this hack looks so great! i love 2nd gen hacks.. 2nd gen pokemon's are monsters.. ;D

thanks for all of your hardwork in this hack.. ;D

miksy91

Years
may i ask if this hack is completed? i'm sorry if i am a bit lazy to read through all the posts..

anyways, this hack looks so great! i love 2nd gen hacks.. 2nd gen pokemon's are monsters.. ;D

thanks for all of your hardwork in this hack.. ;D
it's done (man, I hate that it's impossible to post as short sentence as that so I decided to wrote something random to make it possible to post it) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back