• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team suck v. infinite

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Team Suck
Yes, I know my teams do suck, and that I haven't made a decent RMT for a very long time, but I thought it'd be nice to try and at least have some knowledge of the gen 5 metagame which dominates all your minds right now. :)

I won't bore you with lots of details on how I went making this team, but I'll let you know it's trying to be fast-paced and OU. Any and all critique is welcomed.

Team Suck:
Spr_b_5b_620.png
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Mienshao → Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
Nature: Naive (-SpD, +Spe)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
NormalIC_Big.png
Fake Out
FightingIC_Big.png
Hi Jump Kick
IceIC_Big.png
Hidden Power
BugIC_Big.png
U-Turn

My lead Pokemon for the fast paced team. Mienshao plays the role of hitting somewhat hard and getting out of there quick to Ferrothorn to get some hazards out there. Mienshao can also perform the role of sweeper, with a Life Orb, and Regenerator. Hi Jump Kick is there for the obvious STAB move, which in fact, hits everything hard that doesn't resist it if you ask me. Hidden Power could be replaced with Stone Edge, but I think I actually do need it to dent anything named Salamence, or Haxorus.

Spr_b_5b_257_m.png
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Blaziken → Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly (-SpA, +Spe)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
NormalIC_Big.png
Protect
FireIC_Big.png
Flare Blitz
FightingIC_Big.png
Hi Jump Kick
GroundIC_Big.png
Earthquake

To be honest, I was a little iffy about using Blaziken on the team, but Speed Boost is a pretty decent ability not to pass up, especially with Blaziken's high Attack power. I went for a physical variant this time instead of moxed or special, which could be a better option. Protect is so I can actually try and get a free Speed Boost in so I can start sweeping. Flare Blitz and Hi Jump Kick are there for some strong STAB moves, which again, will pack a punch in anything not named Salamence, and then Earthquake is filler. I should really replace that with something maybe. :/

Spr_b_5b_598.png
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Ferrothorn → Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed (-Spe, +Def)
EVs: 252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SpD
GrassIC_Big.png
Leech Seed
RockIC_Big.png
Stealth Rock
SteelIC_Big.png
Gyro Ball
GrassIC_Big.png
Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my main source of just defense against those dragons, and my only form of putting in entry hazards, which I can usually do before the night is out. It's pretty much the standard Ferrothorn set, which I use to wall dragons, and bulky water types, which did come to mind when deciding to use Ferrothorn.

Spr_b_5b_121.png
Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

Starmie → Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest (-Atk, +SpA)
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
WaterIC_Big.png
Surf
IceIC_Big.png
Ice Beam
ElectricIC_Big.png
Thunderbolt
PsychicIC_Big.png
Trick

Starmie was brought onto the team to try and at least support Ferrothorn. Since because of Ferrothorn's typing, it makes it extremely weak to those Pokemon such as Conkeldurr and Infernape, so Starmie plays the role of the Water Pokemon to try to stop that from happening. It's a standard Choice Scarf set with Modest to try and pack a punch when hitting it's counters harder than a Timid set. Maybe I should try Psyshock over Thunderbolt or Trick so I can hit some of those types, and have something to beat Calm Minders such as Reuniclus 1on1.

Spr_b_5b_381.png
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Latios → Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid (-Atk, +Spe)
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
DragonIC_Big.png
Draco Meteor
WaterIC_Big.png
Surf
FireIC_Big.png
Hidden Power
NormalIC_Big.png
Recover

Latios was added in at last when I was thinking that every single team should have a Dragon on their team to pack a huge punch, and hit pretty much everything for neutral damage. Latios can really hit hard with these moves and hits everything as far as I know for at least neutral damage, which is always good for any Pokemon. I chose Recover because healing can be quite useful if you can predict a switch.

Spr_b_5b_429.png
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Mismagius → Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid (-Atk, +Spe)
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
DarkIC_Big.png
Nasty Plot
GhostIC_Big.png
Shadow Ball
FightingIC_Big.png
Hidden Power
DarkIC_Big.png
Taunt

Mismagius is what I really tried to build the team around, which I think was an okay move to make on my part. It's a standard Nasty Plot set which I decided to go with, giving full coverage and hits everything for at least neutral. Taunt is there because I don't know why. I should really get that swapped out for something more good for the part, like Thunderbolt or something.

The conclusion is that I am running quite a few Life Orbs here and there, which could pose quite a problem. I haven't bothered running anything like Rapid Spin because nothing on my team is really weak to Stealth Rock, so I felt I didn't really need it. I don't really know much about the current metagame, so any help is appreciated.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
The one thing I wanted to mention before I headed off to bed is that Speed Boost Blaziken is banned. ;o;

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Blaziken is banned, all forms, you might want to consider a replacement for him.

Keep HP Ice on Kojondo, cuz it also hits another common lead: Gliscor. Just after you get in the Fake Out, he'll probably either switch or Acrobatics (as he'll get the poison activation).

It seems you lack a solid Conkeldurr with payback check as well. Not too sure if Latios OHKOs without Specs D-Meteor. Perhaps when you replace Blaziken, you can take this into account.

I'll be back with more. :D I'll leave some stuff for the other members. By the way, format is cute. ;D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
So from having a Conkeldurr weakness, and having a banned Pokemon in my team, I need to replace it with something that can handle Conkeldurr. I would think something like Volcarona, but anything with Stone Edge/Rock Slide would clean that up instantly. Now that I've been thinking and lurking, I'm thinking more the lines of a Poison Heal Gliscor to fill that void. It doesn't take much damage from Conkeldurr's attacks, and it's a strong competitor. What do you guys think of that instead of Blaziken?

Years
If you can predict Conkeldurr's move 75% of the time, Mismagius+Mienshao will do fine to check him, since the only thing on your team Conkeldurr will be happy to move in on is Ferrothorn. The other 25% you'd be in big trouble though. If only the offensive ghosts weren't so weak...

May I suggest Eviolite Dusclops? Will-o-wisp wrecks all physical sweepers as usual, very few things can two-shot it, and it can use Night Shade+Pain Split to do decent damage of its own. Payback Conkeldurr may still be a problem, but if he is on 10% of teams, winning 60% anyways isn't so bad, since you'll get to use Mismagius.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Can I also suggest Reuniclus? Sure, it's slower than Conkeldurr is, but it doesn't really take much from it. A Calm Mind or all-out LO set is good for Reuniclus.

Conjurer

The Verdant
Years
Can I also suggest Reuniclus? Sure, it's slower than Conkeldurr is, but it doesn't really take much from it. A Calm Mind or all-out LO set is good for Reuniclus.

Can I suggest the Trick Room set? It breaks the meta, and even if it dies before the Trick Room dies he still has Ferrothorn to take advantage of it.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Reuniclus is a) a fantastic check to Conkeldurr and b) a fantastic check to offensive teams. TR Reuniclus literally breaks the metagame like Conjurer said, smacking everything with incredible coverage, huge bulk, base 125 Special Attack and insane speed in Trick Room. Offense w/o Scizor just flops over and dies to Reuniclus.

However, that also introduces a heavy Scizor weak into your team (which you had a reliable check in w/ Blaziken). Some things that check Scizor reliably; Heatran, Gyarados, Jellicent, Skarmory... Thundurus does to an extent but it just heavily impairs Scizor before it goes out. You'll probably have to end up introducing a Scizor check over something because right now you don't have much that can beat it (unless you catch a Scizor with HP Fire from Latios, though Scizor will only be coming in on that when it's sure it's Specs and/or when it's in BP range).

Back