• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
Username: White_Arcanine
Instrument(s) played: Baritone, learning guitar.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Depends.

The largest group I've played in front of was for school band during a concert, I didn't really feel any rush or anything. (It felt like any other band meeting honestly.)

I'm still learning the guitar, so I haven't played in front of anyone.

respirrave

Bidoof Booty
Years
Hey, I'd love to be a part of this!

Username: respirrave
Instruments played: Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Concert/Baritone Ukulele, and Thumb Piano.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Sure, I actually just hosted a contest to collaborate with people and I chose three winners!

What is the largest crowd/group of people you've played infront of? What was it for? How did you feel before, during and after the experience?
I played for probably 200-300 people at my high school graduation. I'm usually decent at calming myself down but I felt really unprepared and I stopped half way through my own song and left the stage. Other than that, I did a talent show for about 100 people and one second place. I won 1st the prior year.
I always feel best during. There's nothing like that feeling!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome new members! Its really cool to see that some of you actually get paid to play, so jealous!

Dean what do you play when youre playing solo and what do you play when youre playing in the band?

White how long have you been learning the guitar?

Respirrave, what instrument were you playing when you were playing at the grad, and Im sorry to hear that you walked off, that must have been a hard decision! AlsoWhat was this competition!? Was it a school thing or something like that?

For everyone else, have you or would you like to make your own instrument? If you have was it fun/how long did it take and do you use it?

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Have you or would you like to make your own instrument? If you have was it fun/how long did it take and do you use it?

Yes, I would like to create my own electric guitar for the specific sound I want putting custom part in everything. Not just 1 brand or manufacturer. I have an Ibanez RG4 so it's made more for metal but I would also like to play the classical stuff without it having too much of a heavier sounding. It's now got EMG hummbuckers so it sound's really sick but not for older music.

So for this I would like to make me a Fender. What I would do is look for a Fender on Craigslist or something wouldn't care what model it is just as long as it's an Fender. I don't want a Squire because the guitar body is actually made differently to sound different so a Fender would send more of a smoother sound. I would keep the neck but then replace everything else.

In order of what I would do to create my Fender guitar.

1. Go to Lowes and get the materials I need to do this, I would buy sanding papers to completely sand off the paints job and make my own and buy sand papers to smooth it out, and buy the paint, etc.

2. Take the guitar apart and separate everything so I know where they are.

3. Order the parts I'm needing. I would like a sunburst finish and would get gold hardware for it so I would order the bridge, tuning pegs, volume knobs, screws, etc. Would like to have a floyd rose but if the body doesn't have it then I could always use tools to make it fit.

4. While waiting for parts to arrive I would then proceed to paint the guitar with the specific paint job that I want. I would probably pay my friend cash to do it because he has a certificate in body shop so he knows how to do this.

5. When guitar paint is finished and parts have arrived I would first put the pick ups in and wire them up and make sure they are soldered in the back and then proceed to put the bridge on. Once the bridge is on I would then put the back plate on so now my body is pretty much finished. I would then get my pick guard/scratch plate and line it up to screw it on and put the tuning knobs on and pick up switch knob thing on. Once I have the body finished I would put the neck on and screw the neck plate on, now the neck is on. I would put the tuning pegs on and then string her up.

If it's a floyd rose I would have to mess with the springs in the back to my needing for tuning.

That's the way I would do it if I were to make an instrument.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I've only been learning guitar for about 3 or so weeks now. 1 lesson each week. I'm learning Weezer's Beverly Hills next week. X3

Good luck with learning it. You teaching yourself or you getting lessons? Guitar isn't that hard until you start getting technical and use to it. There's lots of ways to learn new things and I'm sure you will learn a lot from us experienced players in this club.

Last edited:

respirrave

Bidoof Booty
Years
Respirrave, what instrument were you playing when you were playing at the grad, and Im sorry to hear that you walked off, that must have been a hard decision! AlsoWhat was this competition!? Was it a school thing or something like that?

I was playing guitar and singing an original song. It wasn't that hard, it was do that or just stop and try and remember the next verse. So I decided to just cut it short, haha.

Yeah, I've done 4 or 5 school talent shows and won 2. Videos of both are on my Youtube, which is linked to in my signature.
("Love in War Times" and "With Me" respectively.)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Does anybody know a way to record my songs while playing guitar with good quality without a POD or recording tracker? I don't got a tracker, POD, or any programs to record with and would like to post some of my songs I've made.

respirrave

Bidoof Booty
Years
AlsoWhat was this competition!? Was it a school thing or something like that?

Also, I just realized what you meant here, sorry! I actually hosted a competition at the website "Talenthouse." A lot of really big artists host contests there, but it's also a great place to find like minded artists to work with if you're a peasant like me, haha!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thats so cool Shiny! (Too bad your banned) Thats really cool that you made your own instrument though.

Its really cool that you have won some of the talent shows!

Audacity is the best free program I can think of for you to use shiny.

New topic:

What musical skill impresses you the most and why?

Crux

Evermore
Years
Username:Rococo
Instrument(s) played: Harmonica,Singer(or at least getting there)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members:Maybe sometime in the future.

There's actually quite a few Instruments that I intend to learn;Bass (guitar),Guitar,Violin,Piano,are a few from my hit list. I might go into electronic as well,i've yet to decide.
Ambitious? "The only limitations that exist are those that we give ourselves."

Now,on to the topic! :D
I'd have to say the abillity to learn a song by just listening to it.
Not only does it require a fine tuned ear,but also impressive knowledge of whatever instrument you're playing.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome Rococo!

That is a little ambitious but if you think you can handle it the more the merrier! How do you plan to learn those instruments?

I also think being able to learn a song by listening to it is incredible! Whenever people do that Im always like.. really..? Do you really have to do that? You're making me feel useless ugh! Anyone with perfect pitch is also pretty impressive, especially if they know how to use it to play music and tune music and such!

Crux

Evermore
Years
As ridiculous as it sounds...i'm teaching myself.
I find that doing as such gives you a far deeper understanding of the instrument,it just takes twice as long to learn it. >…<

Yeah,I know what you mean. xD
*my face after they play it... :0

Indeed,perfect pitch would have to be second for me.
Being a singer myself (or at least aspiring) I know how hard it is to hit some of those notes,let alone hold them like some are able to!

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
If i play instruments and am trying to start a band but am not a professional musician could i sill join? If so then heres my application-
Name- Sandshrew4
Instruments- Piano, recorder (who doesn't play the recorder), i used to play trombone, i can play tambourine and am teaching myself guitar.
Am i willing to collaborate? I am looking for a bass player, singer, and possible a drummer for my band so if you live in/near Chicago and are close to my age then sure!
I'm sure 3/4 the world population is gonna kill me but i hate techno/electronic stuff. I also don't like rap and country.
Topic question- who influenced you to play music? This might sound weird but the beatles, monkees, ac dc, and styx have inspired me to play an instrument and start up a band. Just listening to their music made me want to create music like they did.
Edit: I answered the wrong topic ques
To answer the new topic question the skill that impresses me the most is being able to sit down and just write music. I can come up with lyrics no problem but the actual instrumental parts are always difficult for me for some reason.

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
Years
Hey Sandshrew,welcome aboard! (have I the right to say that? 0.o just yell at me if not,Paint. xD)

That's cool that you can play piano,anytime I try to talk to about music to someone it's always guitar guitar GUITAR....0.O
It's nice to see somebody that takes an interest in one of the classics!

Most musicians i've come across do it by writing it a couple notes at a time.
You should try just jammin' out on whatever instrument you're writing for and see where it takes you. :)

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years

The ability to express real emotion through composition or execution. Sure anybody can learn to make their fingers fly over guitar strings or learn to beat out rhythms on drums. It's when there's that secret talent of putting the oomph behind it that makes it truly special and amazing. Sometimes music "has it" and sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure true musicians know what I'm talking about XD.

----

Won a few more awards with my UTAU skillz. Mostly using Toad's UTAU which has made up the basis of nearly all of my self-made USTs. Howeeeever, I've got a few new UTAU to work with lately and I am excited! One of the UTAU is even getting a ripsync model for her first song video and my mix will be going along with it~. So exciting! XD I'll have that video up ASAP with her, but you can hear a sample of the music here: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/jitterdoll-shizo-cv

I think the final one will be full VCV. This was just a CV mix.

Other than that I've sang a few little things here and there with my friend Kitty-chan. Including starting up Misty's theme from Poke'mon which I still need to finish a final mix of:

http://youtu.be/KHBUyZx6iC4

And a little piece I just sang for Kitty all myself. No mixing or music or anything with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvZ2EEyIvIw

-----

And a little sample of the K-hop music from the video game I'm working on.

http://picosong.com/wznv/
Composed by NN
Directed by Toad, Kurui

Not done yet obviously, just has the groundwork and beats done and being played with.

Anyway there's a few of the things I've worked on/am working on/finished/etc.

It's been a busy past few months. More follows soon. DX I am such an active musician lol I swear I'm doing something musical every day >_>......

Years
Wow, I've been really inactive in this club. Whoops.

Being able to learn a song completely by ear. Maybe because I'm nowhere close to being able to do that myself.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
What musical skill impresses you the most and why? Being able to perform using a guitar.
Edit : Anyone want to do a collaboration?

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
Years
Your pretty good Kurui! :D And that's great that you're so involved in music! ♬
Your voice almost reminds me of the female immortal from Nabari No Ou,not gonna lie. :l xD

Cacturne4512...I feel ya man. -.-'
The best thing to do I think is to just keep workin' at it though. (At least i'd hope so,or else i've wasted days in pointless rehearsal. D: ) xD

Whilst as i'd love to Kroso, (it sounds like fun! :D) i'd like to get just a bit better prior to going public.
Can I take a raincheck? :)

Back