• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Did you download the one in this thread? Are you using an English ROM?

Cyclone

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Five pages ago, Wesley showed up out of the blue to find his hack promoted to Hack of the Year and consequently granted permission for anyone who wants to use the tiles. Read his post for more details on that.

Cyclone
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Nice to know that was recent.

On another note, a friend of mine appearently found SP's version of Light Platinun. Don't know how recent it is, all he did was google Light Platinum so he doesn't remember which site. it was from. I'll upload it when he sends it to me but for now, this problem needs looking into.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Nice to know that was recent.

On another note, a friend of mine appearently found SP's version of Light Platinun. Don't know how recent it is, all he did was google Light Platinum so he doesn't remember which site. it was from. I'll upload it when he sends it to me but for now, this problem needs looking into.
SP's version of LP is crap.
It was decided to scrap that when SP tried to make it huge harem crap.
Don't even bother with that version ;)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
SP's version of LP is crap.
It was decided to scrap that when SP tried to make it huge harem crap.
Don't even bother with that version ;)

That's why I said it was a problem. If SP is still working on it after being kicked out, then that needs to be dealt with. Like I said though, I don't know how recent the version was, whether it was before or after SP was kicked off.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The only one that has attained Hack of the Year status is the one directly available from this thread, on this forum. He can suck on that. :)

Cyclone

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
The problem isn't whether it's bad or not, (though we can all agree it's bad) but that it isn't his hack to work with. If SP is still making it, he's stealing Wesley's work.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The problem isn't whether it's bad or not, (though we can all agree it's bad) but that it isn't his hack to work with. If SP is still making it, he's stealing Wesley's work.
Technically, yes, he is. However, his is not getting any recognition, and anyone with any knowledge in the hacking world will know that the hack belongs to Wesley, and not give this other guy any recognition for it.

I would say that any site hosting the alternate version needs to disassociate themselves from that version. That would assure he gets no audience.

Can you link me to where this alternate is hosted?

Cyclone

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Can you link me to where this alternate is hosted?

Cyclone
Problem is, my friend doesn't even remember. Appearently it was a generic download site. Someone must've just uploaded it. Though I can't be sure. He said all he did was Google it, so that's what we'll have to do to find it I guess.

In a sense no more as Wes allowed use of LP's tiles.
Not the story, scripts, name and the entire hack itself as a base. This isn't a crappy hack with Light Platinum as a base, SP claims that is IS Light Platinum.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
Hello guys, got problem. I cant use fly to fly to the Kosaka city or Meridyan city. Has anybody idea? :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hello guys, got problem. I cant use fly to fly to the Kosaka city or Meridyan city. Has anybody idea? :)
You cannot Fly to every city due to hard-coded game limitations.

Cyclone

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
(Note: a lot of this is copied from my yahoo answer question. sorry)
I know I'm risking sounding like a total noob, but after everything i went through (don't ask) i need to ask for help. i download an ips for light platinum that said it was the final one, but i don't think it is. hears why: it's mostly english, but there's still a lot of spanish (ex: opening where professor introduces herself, pokemon center, pokemon contest, and when i pick up items) the things is they're not entirely spanish, so obviously some editing was done. also, some stunkys i battled at the lake where oak is used harden.
plus a lot of pokemon had the wrong cries (but the latter 2 is probably because their 4th/5th gen) there's a lot of sentences being used by more than one character. spanish words also from pokemart guy. i'm ok with restarting my game, but if there's a way i don't have to that's good. please provide link(s) and instructions(i'm not too techy) normally i wouldn't risk sounding like a total noob, but in this case i will.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I know I'm risking sounding like a total noob, but after everything i went through (don't ask) i need to ask for help. i download an ips for light platinum that said it was the final one, but i don't think it is. hears why: it's mostly english, but there's still a lot of spanish (ex: opening where professor introduces herself, pokemon center, pokemon contest, and when i pick up items) the things is they're not entirely spanish, so obviously some editing was done. also, some stunkys i battled at the lake where oak is used harden.
plus a lot of pokemon had the wrong cries (but the latter 2 is probably because their 4th/5th gen) there's a lot of sentences being used by more than one character. spanish words also from pokemart guy. i'm ok with restarting my game, but if there's a way i don't have to that's good. please provide link(s) and instructions(i'm not too techy) normally i wouldn't risk sounding like a total noob, but in this case i will.
See the topic post of this thread. The current version (final? Hell no, I've just been slow getting my fixes done that I find necessary for polish and such) is linked to the topic post, and I think Ash also links to it in his sig. I know Snakebyte does in his.

For obvious reasons, I would suggest restart, but I have heard of other players with wrong versions picking up their games with no issues, so you may have no problems.

Cyclone

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
k thanks. (i'm much more thankful, but i didn't want to flood my message) so, why did you remove nurse joy in yellow town?

or perhaps i patched the wrong version. i don't remember. this is not good for my super-add brain. <:-| i don't even want to think about what happens when the game is updated. (sorry for complaining)

or perhaps i patched the wrong version. i don't remember. this is not good for my super-add brain. <:-| i don't even want to think about what happens when the game is updated. (sorry for complaining)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years

I am having the same problem, and I downloaded the final complete english version from Snakebyte's sig...

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
in reply to ash(not sure how to quote) i honestly don't remember. is the full version a gba file?

well, while i'm waiting for my computer to finish scanning(toolbar virus), how do timed events work. i mean, in every version i played, berries never appeared. is there something i have to do?

This'll be my last comment until someone replies. (I'm really frustrated at this point) i've scoured the internet, but i've yet to find a completely english version with a nurse joy or some sort of healing script in yellow town. maybe there isn't one. in that case i'll till there's an updated version. from what i can tell, snakebyte didn't put down a version with a healing script. thank you for putting up with me. peace.

Last edited:
Back