• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Orre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
UPDATE! The newest demo has been released!

I fixed the mistakes that were found by you guys. Everything works properly, I even played through to make sure. Check the guide in the downloads section for the thing you can do in the demo.

Phoenix, I did fix the mistakes you found. I even uploaded the same demo, but with the corrections back when I was informed of them. I guess most poeple got hold of the first demo with the missing files. Well I hope you guys like this one, you can actually enter Phenac this time! ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Thanks HG.

I have another update. I just realized that I hadn't put the music files needed for the game. I had it in my RTP folder in my RPG2003 file, but not in the Pokemon Orre game. So when I played it, it worked for me. So if you have the zip file called Pokemon Orre, that does not have the music, so the game might be silent when you play with the exception of a few places.I just uploaded the corrected zip called Demo v1.5. So if you download that, it should have everything. That download is up now, and the wrong one deleted. If you stumble upon any errors, inform me in this thread. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks guys! :)

Happy Gilmore

Love that movie...
Years
I played your new demo, it's pretty good. One thing I would recommend is that you fix up the tops of the roofs in the first town, it makes the town looks sort of incomplete. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't even noticed that they weren't done till now. I've fixed the homes and when the next demo is released, you'll see that it doesn't feel as incomplete as before.

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
I had a download problem, unusually enough with another RM2K game as well,...do you know what's up with that? The file says it's zero bytes, and when I try to unzip it, it says there are no files to extract!

Yami Tolas

The Lord Dragon
Years
Pkmn Sage: looking very good if you need any help i can help you out with anything

Pine: I think you're doing a good job to everyone is entitled to their opinion. Your hack doesn't need a day/night system if you don't want it to. Plus all games with beginings never had a day/night system anyways keep it up

Phoenix: Whats up

Pika2: Whats up

Krazy Meerkat: Whats up

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Yami, that'll be great. I even stated that at the end of the demo that I would need help with some things. I would like it if someone could help me out with the CBS, CMS, and CNS. But I would rather get help when I've everything mapped out, and I mean EVERYTHING. Then afterwards, someone can program the battles with other trainers, gym leaders, and the Elite Four. I would be happy if anyone with experience, and the expertise in CBS did this for me. But only when every map is complete. Till then, it'll just be maps, and events. And whoever joins up with me will definitely be getting credit as co-creator because programming a CBS, CMS, and CNS takes just as much work(if not more) to program such things into a game. I really want this to be a great game, so whoever does help should have experience doing these things, and be very good at it. Once someone helps me, and the maps are done, then I'll keep in contact with my "partner" to get this thing rolling. :)

PS: I wouldn't mind having more than one person helping. Say if you were an expert at creating a CBS, and someone else wanted to help that was great at creating a CMS. Then you would just do what you are good at. And both will absolutely be creditted!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
i'll help with the cms and by the time you've completed all the maps and events krazy might have completed the public version of the battle system so you could use that. I've never done a cns though and the only people i know who have done a cns are Krazy, DM and Mena so maybe they will help you when they have less to do.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Thanks Phoenix, as soon as everything is done. Everyone will be notified in this thread that I'll be able to partner up with the experts, lol.

Years
Pine said:
Lastly...
Why do so many of you RM2K people discriminate against me (like saying stuff like 'it's not important because your game is just a hack...) just because it's a hack, no matter how much I try to tell all of you it is more??? What is wrong with you people (who discriminate)?
not to be mean but many people (including me) diskike hacks. i sat this because rm2k is unique. you start from scratch. hacking roms you just modify someone elses stuff. sooo...

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Anyone have a suggestion for a problem I have?

I've created a Day/Night feature but when it is night outside, and you enter a home, it is night inside too. The event is a parallel process on a transparent tile that calls a common event(day/night). Does anyone have any suggestions to correct the problem? I think maybe I would have to put in a transparent tile in every home and create a call event that makes it tint the screen back to normal. But that would become tedious and time consuming considering how many homes I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back