• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Pokemon Siara~

pokehacker88

The Pokemon Hacker.
Years
135502mundoimgashhg8.png

This Thread has been copied from Pokemon Acanthite Forum.
--------------------------------
Contents
--------------------------------
1. About the game.
2. Story
3. Team
4. Features
5. Screenshots
6. Credits
7. News
8. Alpha/Beta
9. Wanted
10. Endspeech
---------------------------------
About the Game
Made in: RPG Maker XP
Created by: yaN!s/pokehacker88
Started: 27.11.08
Base: Pokemon Essantials
Language: English/German
----------------------------------
Story
One Day in SYNEY, your hometown, your mum tells you to go to PROF. Grade. He has a Pokemon for you. You stand in front of his Lab and suddenly an Eartquake breaks out. After that Earthquake PROF. Grade gives you your Pokemon. He tells you that you must go to Silvar, a little Town in the south, to search the brand new POKEDEX from an old man names TENGA. On your way to Silvar 2 Grunts of Team Galactic don't let you pass to ROUTE 90. You must battle them. 1 vs. 2 ?Thats not fair!
Suddenly your Rival come and helps you. After you defeat the Grunts you search the POKEDEX from TENGA. He tells you to go in the direction of the CHAOS MOUNTAIN, where some odd Shadows have been seen...

Explanation of some Charakters:
Spoiler:

Team
yaN!s/pokehacker88= Project Director, Mapper, Spriter, Idealist, Story, Custom Indoor tiles
Shanty96= Spriter, Graphic Designer
Nytkoi= Graphic Designer, Story
Kiba10=Story
Yellow_Lover=Graphic Designer
*We need a Team, look at Wanted*
Features
-Brand new Region Soala
-New Pokemon(Fakemon Spriter needed)
-All Pokemon Catchable
-The Pokemon Ranger will be part of the Story
-Mailing and Phone System(Scripters needed)
-You can walk trough the time
-New Characters(e.g Sir Aaron)
-Team Galactic is now in Soala
-----------------------------------
Screenshots
Here are some Screenshots

Credits
-Flameguru andPoccils for Pokemon Essantials
-Kyledove for the Custom Sinnoh Tiles and the palettes
-Kyledove for the Heroes
-WAH for Overworlds/Tiles
-Omega Groudon because he is an inspiration to all Game Makers.
-vgmusic for the Midis
-Nintendo for Pokemon
-------------------------------------
News
[28.12.08]Finish to mapped the biggest City of Soala.
[29.12.08]Nytkoi joined as Graphic Designer and Storymaker. Thanks!
Alpha/Beta
Don't ask for releases.
None yet...
--------------------------------------
Wanted
--------------------------------------
Red=Really Needed
Yellow=Needed
Blue=Not a musthave
Green=Not so important

2-3 Scripter
2 Indoor Tile Artist
1-2 Spriter
1 Graphics Designer
-Nytkoi
-Yellow_Lover
2 Fakemon Designer
1 Story Maker
-Nytkoi
1-2 Beta Tester
Endspeech
That's it. Kritism is welcome.
And sorry for my bad english, i'm German.

Last edited:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Well, for starters Kyledove's D/P tiles are almost dieing by being so overused and overrated. Second of all, that OW is a design of somewhere I've seen before, I'll try to find him, but right now I'm going to stand by saying that that OW was stolen. And also, I think it's creator is Rm2k3Kid, but I don't know. Some one that was on this forum awhile ago. Third, the mapping is great. I really like that part of your game. Fourth, you inserted D/P terrains. It looks nice. Good job.

Good luck.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
This game looks quite nice, it includes the night and day system correct?

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Sigh... I will now briefly explain the birth of this game:
pokehacker88: [with telephone ringing, then it picks up] Hello, is this cookie cutter? Yes, well, you see... I was looking for your help with my game, you know, Pokemon Siara? No? Ah, well. Anyways, I wanted you to help me create this game, and let's see here... what do I need you to do... Ah, yes! Everything! Please make this game function like something we've seen hundreds of times before and are now kind of sick of. What's that? ...Oh, yes, that will be all. And I'll need it by Saturday... You too. B'bye.

Sorry to be so blunt, it's just that... You're not in hacking any more. You're going to have to be a bit more original to cut it. Use some underused tiles *cough Alistair cough*, or, even better just make your own. Sir Aaron is taken as well as the mailing system. Looks like you're a bit late to the punch on every account here.

pokehacker88

The Pokemon Hacker.
Years
Ok. Thanks to the Kritism. I will think about new features and an more interesting storyline. But I need some help. :\

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Nytkoi, you're the only one saying it has very few features <<

You must understand that it does take time to accomplish a point in RMXP to be able to achieve new features that you know will be in the game, otherwise you're just promising something that won't be possible.

Anywho~ I love the game :3 The mapping style looks great with those tiles, very clean and simplistic, however I might suggest adding more grass unless you've increased the encounter rate of the grass :x just a suggestion~

the Story is a bit regular, but as long as you manage to keep the game a fun play, it shouldn't really matter.

Good luck <3

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Alright, now that I've taken a bit more of a look at this game, I think I can make a nicer opinion of it.
Maps: They're... pretty much standard for what you might see in a DPPt kind of a game. If only to increase the interest and play value of the game, open up those paths to let the character walk around a bit more.
Battle System: What you might expect. As for the trainer backsprite, I assume you'll be changing that soon, correct? The one thing I don't understand is the obsession with a dual-toned battle message box. Go with a single toned box if you want a more professional (or at least true to pokemon) look.
Ow's: One thing I rarely see that could make many Ow's look a lot better is a shadow. That alone would make the outline contrast less harshly with the ground (as you can see from your character).
Story: Not my style, but, if you're going for a standard pokemon story, be my guest...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
*copies other people's criticism styles*
Story
One Day in SYNEY , your hometown, your mum tells you to go to PROF. Grade. He has a Pokemon for you. Why does he have a Pokémon for you? You stand in front of his Lab and suddenly an Eartquake breaks out. Again, why does an earthquake happen?After that Earthquake PROF. Grade gives you your Pokemon. He tells you that you must go to Silvar, a little Town in the south, to search the brand new POKEDEX from an old man names TENGA. How did he get it? Why doesn't the Prof have one? On your way to Silvar 2 Grunts of Team Galactic What are Team Galactic doing outside of Sinnoh? don't let you pass to ROUTE 90. You must battle them. 1 vs. 2 ?Thats not fair!
Suddenly your Rival come and helps you. After you defeat the Grunts you search the POKEDEX from TENGA. He tells you to go in the direction of the CHAOS MOUNTAIN not a very imaginative name..., where some odd Shadows have been seen... Why you? Can't he go himself?
Oh, and don't use capitals for whole words, at least in the description; it's hard to read, especially when you have things like 'PROF. Grade'.

As for the features, most of them I wouldn't really consider as 'features'. Time travel (?) sounds interesting, though... But what does it have to do with the story?

pokehacker88

The Pokemon Hacker.
Years
I will make some explanations tomorrow Wichu. I forgot to add the explanation; Sorry. But thanks for the critism...

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
@ Krimm: Yes, and I'm standing by what I said.
I really do think this game has potential, just show some events instead of one battle screenshot and the rest are all map screens. That's what I meant. What I also meant is a ton fo people use DPPt Tiles, and get a new OW... That's why its lacking it's OWN features. It's also lacking events.

By the way, I can't wait to see more features~

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Seems a decent first game, your mapping is actually quite well done. Just work on your story and features and you'll get on fine.

pokehacker88

The Pokemon Hacker.
Years
Thanks at all for the nice critism. And, I will sprite a new hero and I will make some videos of the events, when all spriting and scripting is finish.
But, ok...I will take some time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Comments in the black because you used some bolds...
This Thread has been copied from Pokemon Acanthite Forum. It hasn't been tainted, has it?

Story
One Day in SYNEY Ahh, all caps, bravo...name derived from somewhere?, your hometown, your mum tells you to go to PROF. Grade Grade tree seeds 8D.... He has a Pokemon for you Why? For what purpose? What does the professor get out of the act (these people are selfish even though they appear selfless)?. You stand in front of his Lab and suddenly an Eartquake breaks out. After that Earthquake PROF. Grade gives you your Pokemon Anticlimax ftl.... He tells you that you must go to Silvar Sounds like a comic villain xD..., a little Town in the south, to search the brand new POKEDEX from an old man names TENGA What parent in their right mind would name their kid THAT?. On your way to Silvar 2 Grunts of Team Galactic ...red flag. Where are we in the continuity? What continuity are we in? What are TG's goals? Why are they here? What does this have to do with Cyrus's vision of a new world?! Is the only reason they're here that they were the newest evil team thus far? don't let you pass to ROUTE 90. You must battle them. 1 vs. 2 ?Thats not fair Too bad, life's not fair...!
Suddenly your Rival come and helps you ...I was hoping you were serious <<.... After you defeat the Grunts you search the POKEDEX from TENGA Where did he get it? Why does he have it? Why do you now have it?. He tells you to go in the direction of the CHAOS MOUNTAIN ...uhhhh, yeah..., where some odd Shadows have been seen...

Features
-Brand new Region Soala
-New Pokemon(Fakemon Spriter needed)
-All Pokemon Catchable It's overkill...gameplay won't last that long.
-The Pokemon Ranger will be part of the Story
-Mailing and Phone System(Scripters needed)
-You can walk trough the time What in the name of Arceus does that mean?
-New Characters(e.g Sir Aaron) Why is Sir Aaron popular these days? I mean, he's a nice hero, but he had his splendour already...wait, that means we're in the past. TG can't exist.
-Team Galactic is now in Soala You had better have a thorough explanation for this, if not, you have some reconsidering to do...
1 Story Maker ...the story is the most important part. 9/10 of your eggs should go in that basket...
That's it. Kritism I prefer to say Critting, but to each his own slang... is welcome.
And sorry for my bad english, i'm German Cool, but the only German word I ever need to know is kuchen....

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
Kuchen is dutch if I'm right ( don't really know if it's german too but it's dutch for sure. )

Back