• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It seems like a nice challenge, but you'd probably need to compile a list of all the Pokemon which are considered underestimated, since people could go by like, NU standards in competitive battling, which is where Pokemon like Charizard and Exeggutor are.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
It seems like a nice challenge, but you'd probably need to compile a list of all the Pokemon which are considered underestimated, since people could go by like, NU standards in competitive battling, which is where Pokemon like Charizard and Exeggutor are.
Actually, Exeggutor is UU, but whatever. A list is needed, and people can suggest ones that aren't there, so you can add more as needed.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2012
any ideas how to beat red on ss doing a solo with heracross lances lv48 charizard is ridiculasly hard to beat since im using a power bracer it out speeds me and air slash almost always a crit. hit and amkes me flinch how the hell am i going to beat red any ideas

yes im going to unequipt his item before the battle despite that he will probably still be lower

i still have a few gym badges to go(4) and heracross is level 87
what move set should i use
thinking of
brick break
aerial ace
stone edge(to replace its current mega horn)
either shadow claw or earthquake

oh yeah can you use other pokemon to switch out and heal as long as they dont attack

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
any ideas how to beat red on ss doing a solo with heracross lances lv48 charizard is ridiculasly hard to beat since im using a power bracer it out speeds me and air slash almost always a crit. hit and amkes me flinch how the hell am i going to beat red any ideas

yes im going to unequipt his item before the battle despite that he will probably still be lower

i still have a few gym badges to go(4) and heracross is level 87
what move set should i use
thinking of
brick break
aerial ace
stone edge(to replace its current mega horn)
either shadow claw or earthquake

oh yeah can you use other pokemon to switch out and heal as long as they dont attack
Well, using slaves to heal is fine, although I try not to do that. Against Red, though it might be needed.

Also, keep Megahorn (its more powerful than Aerial Ace even when resisted), replace Aerial Ace with Stone Edge/Rock Slide (Rock Slide will OHKO Charizard, so it's the better option against Red with it's higher accuracy and PP), and EQ is decent (no Shadow Claw for Red, but you can use it in the interim for ghosts), but Swords Dance is a great move there too, as EQ isn't really needed for coverage, and it will let you sweep Red without worrying about not OHKOing anybody as long as you outspeed them. Also, Close Combat should be in your final moveset, BB is good for now b/c of PP issues.

I assume you are in Kanto already, so I dunno why you are fighting Lance again...use the power bracer on low level Pokemon, although you should have max EVs by now.

as for an item, I would equip Leftovers against Red to counteract the Hail so you don't die from it.

スティブ

Newbie and proud of it
Years
  • Age 25
  • Rio!
  • Seen Jun 13, 2011
Hiya guys, finally back! School's over, I'm working now, but I still have some free time.
And, I'm back with a purpose for a new challenge!

The Underestimate's Challenge

This challenge gives you the possibility to use Pokèmon that are underestimated, to say, Dunsparce, Shuckle, and similar. Obviously you can use your common sense to choose the ones to use, just avoid using things like Charizard, Mewtwo and others.
Maybe I'll provide a list made by myself of all the Pokèmon to choose, then it's your choice (if you like), or you can still have an inspiration from that, and then add some personal choices, out of the list.
So here are the rules!

1. You can use only Pokèmon that are, like the title says, underestimated. (List under the rules, if it will be)
2. Obviously, no Legendaries. You can still catch them, if you like.
3. Hacking is allowed before you get your second Gym Badge.
4. Egg trading is allowed.
5. HM Slaves are also allowed.
6. You defeat the game according the following conditions:
- R/B/Y/G/S/C/Ru/Sa/E/D/P/B/W: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion.
- FR/LG/Pt: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion twice.
- HG/SS: Defeat the Pokèmon League champion twice, and also Red.
- Colosseum/XD: Finish the main story (Someone help me with this, just to point the
finishing line).

What do you say?

Why isn't GSC's finishing point Red too?Anyways sounds nice

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Porygon Z, that reminds me of the Never Used challenge we had in PC a while ago.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHALLENGES, NOW EVERY MEMBER HAS TO COMPLETE A CHALLENGE WITHIN 24 HOURS! *shot*

Oh yeah, long time no see plox

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHALLENGES, NOW EVERY MEMBER HAS TO COMPLETE A CHALLENGE WITHIN 24 HOURS! *shot*

Psh, not so hard. x3
In other news...I am so tired of R/B/Y now. I've played it 26 times (I've currently completed 26/151 solos) over the course of a few months. I really want to go play my Flying Monotype on Crystal right now, but I also want to get these solos done asap. Indecision! D:

スティブ

Newbie and proud of it
Years
  • Age 25
  • Rio!
  • Seen Jun 13, 2011

Psh, not so hard. x3
In other news...I am so tired of R/B/Y now. I've played it 26 times (I've currently completed 26/151 solos) over the course of a few months. I really want to go play my Flying Monotype on Crystal right now, but I also want to get these solos done asap. Indecision! D:

Are you trying every mon?Why don't you exclude legends?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Take a break. Don't get burnt out. XD I probably need a break too, since I only seem to be playing BW.

Enigma

Years
Are you trying every mon?Why don't you exclude legends?
I'm soloing R/B/Y with all of the original 151 Pokemon. I already did the legends, it's just the Pokemon that don't evolve that make it a little more...bleh. There's no everstone for them to hold (you can't even hold items in those games anyway), so I have to be super careful with the B button when I'm trying to grind.
Yeah...that and redundancy is terrible. I did one solo yesterday (Vulpix) and afterwards, I felt like I didn't want to play that game for a very long time...and my goal is to complete them all by the end of the summer break.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Oh hey, I'm back after a month or so...

Many things have been going on, including but not limited to:

Me getting a job
Me going on vacation to Charelston
My girlfriend getting a super awesome job, where she basically gets to travel the US and get free travel, meals, and hotels. And she gets paid to watch little kids while their parents are at conventions. ON TOP OF THAT she gets to take someone with her (wouldn't want employees to get lonely, would we) so I'm with her going to Alaska and Hawaii and places. Not gonna lie, its pretty awesome.
My trivia team getting invited to the trivia championships and getting 3rd place (worth $500 split 4 ways).
A friend and I getting every single artifact on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. That's a whole bunch of grinding. At the end, we were getting like one artifact every two hours of gameplay. It was ridiculous.
Probably other stuff that I can't remember.

So, as you can see, I've had a pretty full summer so far. But, hopefully I'll be able to get back to my Pokemon playing. I've started working on an old fashioned Catch 'em All challenge for Blue. I have at least the basic form of every obtainable Pokemon in the game, now I have to play through Red a few times to get Blastoise/Charizard, Vaporeon/Flareon, and the Version Exclusives. Then I just have to grind grind grind and I'll be done!

Enigma

Years
Oh hey, I'm back after a month or so...

Many things have been going on, including but not limited to:

Me getting a job
Me going on vacation to Charelston
My girlfriend getting a super awesome job, where she basically gets to travel the US and get free travel, meals, and hotels. And she gets paid to watch little kids while their parents are at conventions. ON TOP OF THAT she gets to take someone with her (wouldn't want employees to get lonely, would we) so I'm with her going to Alaska and Hawaii and places. Not gonna lie, its pretty awesome.
My trivia team getting invited to the trivia championships and getting 3rd place (worth $500 split 4 ways).
A friend and I getting every single artifact on Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. That's a whole bunch of grinding. At the end, we were getting like one artifact every two hours of gameplay. It was ridiculous.
Probably other stuff that I can't remember.

So, as you can see, I've had a pretty full summer so far. But, hopefully I'll be able to get back to my Pokemon playing. I've started working on an old fashioned Catch 'em All challenge for Blue. I have at least the basic form of every obtainable Pokemon in the game, now I have to play through Red a few times to get Blastoise/Charizard, Vaporeon/Flareon, and the Version Exclusives. Then I just have to grind grind grind and I'll be done!

You have such a full summer. I have absolutely nothing to do. :/ I wish I could invite my friends over to play games and stuff, but they think it's really necessary to sit around and study. It's SUMMER. Have a little fun. /near rant

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Welcome back Myrrh :D
I hope my summer (with officially starts Friday even though I've only had 2 exams + 1 last Thursday to do this month :P) becomes so cool too. Just not so busy i guess (Cant stand being busy -.-)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

You have such a full summer. I have absolutely nothing to do. :/ I wish I could invite my friends over to play games and stuff, but they think it's really necessary to sit around and study. It's SUMMER. Have a little fun. /near rant

I sort of wish I wasn't doing much. I really wanted to just chill and play video games most of the summer, probably with my best friend (the one who beat FF:CC with me), but no. Maybe the second half of my summer will be less busy than the first half.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
a lv. 100 challenge? You have to get all 659 to lv. 100? Seems hard but yet fun. or a "catch all 659" challenge? Seems like Syd and Myrrh are the experts here... so what do you two think about those ideas?

Keep on hackin'
~RHIOne

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Well a "catch all 646" Pokemon would be weird, since that's just completing the Pokedex, which is pretty much the end aim of the game anyway, so I don't see a point in making it a seperate challenge. Feel free to make it a personal challenge if you want to. :]

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I guess this is the best place to do this. I'm going to attempt to start back up Alpha Fan now that I'm back to PC. Anyone interested? I think the best idea is to have like 4-6 people working on it, and keeping in communication via skype or AIM or something. Its too much of a bother to PM all 5 people every time one person finds something out. Plus, with AIM or skype, we can have set times where we all meet up and talk about stuff. Sooooo, anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back