• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your favorite fossil

What is your favorite fossil?

• Helix Fossil (Omanyte)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Dome Fossil (Kabuto)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Old Amber (Aerodactyl)

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
What was your favorite fossil and which one did you pick for the first time as you played LF/FR?

My favorite was the Dome Fossil and I think I picked Helix by mistake when I played Leaf Green for the first time.

Helix Fossil
Bag_Helix_Fossil_Sprite.png

Dome Fossil
Bag_Dome_Fossil_Sprite.png

Old Amber
Bag_Old_Amber_Sprite.png

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Going with Dome Fossil. I don't like Omanyte and I often forget about Old Amber lol.

GallifreyanGallade

Poké Time Lord
Years
I prefer Kabutops. Although I'm quite fond of Aerodactyl, I still prefer Kabutops' appearance as it just looks awesome. I used to prefer Omastar when I was younger, but I don't like it as much any more.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Dome Fossil, I don't really consider Old Amber because it's always a choice between Dome and Helix in the beginning...

But, out of all of them I think Aerodactyl is my favorite.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
While I like all 3 original fossil Pokemon, you can't go wrong with Aerodactyl. Huge, saw-like teeth, an overall vicious appearance, and a Pokedex entry that outright states that it goes for the enemy's throat. Hell yes.

Years
I wasn't a huge fan of the Pokemon that you got from the fossils, but I did slightly prefer the Dome Fossil (Kabutops) and Old Amber (Aerodactyl) over the Helix Fossil (Omastar). If I had to pick just one of the previous two, I'd go with the Dome Fossil as my favorite, since I can't recall using Aerodactyl for anything other than a short amount of time.

blue

gucci
Years
Some reason I've always really liked Kabuto and Kabutops design, so for me it would be the Dome Fossil probably.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I usually pick the dome fossil because I like Kabutops more than Omastar. Never really liked Aerodactyl so I didn't use the old amber that much.

jaydezzal

Sarcastic Guy
Years
For me, it'd be a tie between Kabuto/Kabutops and Aerodactyl, but I have bad memories with Aerodactyl. Lance's Aerodactyl in Gold.Silver/Crystal was always the hardest of his Pokemon for me to take down, mostly because it was faster than anything I ever had, Hyper Beam always beat or almost beat any of my Pokemon, and I ALWAYS flinch to Rock Slide. Therefore I choose Kabutops.

Back