• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to create predefined pokemon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
Hi @ all. I was asked how it could be possible to create pokemon with predefined obedient-bit, ID, secret-id and so on.

Therefore, I wrote a little script + commented it out. Hope, it helps. (originally for FR US v1.0)

greetz
MX

Mastermind_X said:
Okay. Your ASM script is this one:

Code:
00B00000h: 00 B5 04 48 00 68 04 49 09 18 04 48 28 22 0B DF ; .µ.H.h.I...H(".ß
00B00010h: 01 BC 00 47 10 50 00 03 E4 79 00 00 00 20 B0 08 ; .¼.G.P..äy....°.

The bytes do have some meanings. I'll explain them one by one. (The important ones)

[00 B5 04 48 00 68 04 49 09 18 04 48]
remains still the same... they calculate destination. (DON'T CHANGE IT!!)

[28]
Is the length of the data to be copied in 16bits. e.g. we want to copy 80 bytes, so it's 80 / 2 = 40 halfwords. #40 = 0x28
(changable, but since pokemondata always has a length of 80 bytes, it doesn't make sense to enter an other value...)

[22 0B DF 01 BC 00 47]
remains always the same. copies the data itself and returns. (don't change them!!)

[10 50 00 03]
reverse it => 0x03005010 its the location for the dma adresses. (DON'T CHANGE IT!!)

[E4 79 00 00]
defines the slot in which the pokemon will be deposited. It's 0x4 + (80 bytes * pokecount).
So for example Box 14 Slot 1:
1 Box contains 30 pokemon
30 * 13 = 390

1 pokemon equals 80 bytes, so it's
390 * 80 = 31200

31200 + 4 = 31204 = 0x79E4

That's the value.

[00 20 B0 08]
reverse it => 0x08B02000

That declares the source of the 80 pokebytes. So you would have to enter the 80 bytes @ 0xB020000 - 0xB020050

Okay. Let's say, your ASM script is located @ 0x00B00000 like mine. Then you would have to call it in a pokescript like this:

23 01 00 B0 08

23 = callasm
01 00 B0 08 = reversed location of the ASM script. IMPORTANT: since i wrote a thumb routine, the location has to end with an odd number. For me it's 01, for you just (location+1).

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, really nice one Mastermind_X! ;)
It could be useful my hack (not really soon, though).

Oh, and ~Shirin, Mastermind_X have already planned a Night/Day tut. Be patient! :P

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
*cough* what is this for *cough* ^^" was this for the shiny thing?

*lol* *is really pleased about hearing people associating "Mastermind_X" with "shiny hack"*

No, consider the routine above as an extended "givepokemon" command.

@all: day-night-hack... well, let's see ;-)

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
lol don't worry, i read (read, not understood eh XD) some of your tutorials and i know you're not only a "shiny-hack-hacker" :D

u said it's for FR, for ruby are there differences?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Nice tutorial, where'd you learn that from? This stuff seems hard, good luck
can't wait for that day and night tutorial. Oh yeah, what Game is it for?(Ruby, FireRed,etc.)
~cooley~

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
Like all my tutorials, the day-night-tutorial will be using a certain version as example but with many explanations how I calculate offsets, or other things, so that the whole thing easily can be ported to another version.

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
ER... I'm just going to stick to my givepokemon command in scripts... Hey mastermind X are you a %100 ASM hacker? I can't wait until your Day/Night system get shown...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Interesting Mastermind_X, this takes care of the problems of those Poke who won't obey you, right? (guess it's gonna be a while till I need this info, but I'm thanking you anyway)

Yep, but about the n/d hack, if the example is for using the Emerald's time system, I guess in FR we are a bit in troubles (yes, I still remember we could do it in a different way, but I was mainly pointing that it's not everything that "easily ported", as some stuff changes :P)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Well, this is a nice tutorial, so this could be used as a substitute for the "shiny Hack"? It looks like it because you did state that you could change secret id NO.s did you not?

Knox

I dont know what to say
Years
That is pretty neat.

I hope at least someone posts a day/night tutorial because that would make a lot of hacks look better.

Years
Hi~
I just read your tut, and I got a little question.

In the tut,[00 20 B0 08] points to a offset which is 80 bytes for your pokemon.I don't understand what is the 80 bytes, do you have a example with a little explaination?

Anyway ,thanks.

Years
Hi~
I just read your tut, and I got a little question.

In the tut,[00 20 B0 08] points to a offset which is 80 bytes for your pokemon.I don't understand what is the 80 bytes, do you have a example with a little explaination?

Anyway ,thanks.
I know someone going to close this and I shouldn't post, but I thought I had to post this as this answer might help others who look at this thread.

Using this is actually a bit more difficult than implied in the tutorial.
The 80 Byte Structure is set out like this.
Code:
Personality  -  4 Bytes
Trainer ID  -  2 Bytes
Secret ID - 2 Bytes
Nickname  -  10 bytes
Font  -  1 Byte
Obedience byte?  -  1 byte
OT name  -  7 bytes
Mark  -  1 byte
Checksum 	 -  2 Bytes
????  -  2 Bytes
Data Field  -  48 bytes
Bit long there, but it's still probably not too much information on actually recreating them.
This might help out a bit more.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_the_GBA
If you read through all of that it might help writing up your own bytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back