• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weather? Screw the weather! (Gen V Anti-Weather team RU)

kierany9

Pokemon Master of the world
Years
So I was bored one day and was being wrecked by Weather Teams. So I made a team whose sole purpose is to screw up any weather team as hard as they can. Edits will be in bold and the reasons will be in underline.

Golduck (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Brick Break
- Psyshock
Leading with Golduck, Cloud Nine can cancel any weather at the start of the battle. Also well armed with Blizzard and Hydro Pump for special sweeping, Brick Break and Psyshock to demolish anything with a high Special Defence.

Charizard (M) @ Heat Rock
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day
Charizard is the main Special Sweeper and operates well if a Sun team is in play. With Sunny Day, any other weather can be wiped clean for eight turns.

Feraligatr (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Hardy Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Rain Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
Fealigatr is the main Physical Sweeper and operates well if a Rain team is in play. With Rain Dance, any other weather can be wiped clean for eight turns.

Steelix (F) @ Smooth Rock
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Sandstorm
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
Another Physical Sweeper/Tank. Steelix can bring sand into play for eight turns if needed.

Regice @ Icy Rock
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Hail
- Focus Blast
Another Special Sweeper/Tank. Regice can bring hail into play for eight turns if needed.

Lickilicky (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Toxic
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Protect
Lickilicky be stallin' while yo suffer from toxic, man. Zen headbutt for coverage.

Other Pokemon

Glaile
(Replaced by Regice when I found out it was NU as well)
Blastoise(Replaced by Feraligatr so I could reduce the tier to RU. Also, Blastoise is more of a special sweeper and I need another physical one.)
Castform(Replaced by Lickilicky on advice of Platinum Dude)

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Cross Chop is the better alternative over Brick Break on Golduck. Sure, the 80% accuracy sucks, but it has a lot more power than BB. Ice Beam is more reliable than Blizzard; Blizzard has Focus Blast-level accuracy outside of Hail.

I wouldn't advise AncientPower on Charizard; that move has no noteworthy coverage whatsoever other than Moltres or opposing Charizard. Air Slash is another STAB alternative you can use, or you can use Roost to help Charizard survive the battle longer.

IMO, having different weathers spread out all over the place doesn't make this an anti-weather team. Golduck is generally enough for the job. Steelix is better off supporting the team in general terms:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball
-Roar/Dragon Tail
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

If you want a Rain Dance user, use Ludicolo, who has Swift Swim to boost its Speed in Rain:
-Rain Dance
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Damp Rock/Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim

Hail isn't worth setting up unless you're using Snover or Abomasnow (the former is banned in RU if memory serves me right, and the latter is OU). Its typing isn't good defensively either:
-Toxic/Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt/Sleep Talk
-Seismic Toss/Rest
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/192 Def/64 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Castform is terrible. No, seriously, it is. Not kidding. 70 stats across the board prevent Castform from using its wide movepool to good effect. Lickilicky has Cloud Nine as an ability too, and its movepool is wide as well:
-Return/Body Slam
-Power Whip
-Fire Punch
-Explosion
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 172 HP/252 Atk/84 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Cloud Nine

kierany9

Pokemon Master of the world
Years
IMO, having different weathers spread out all over the place doesn't make this an anti-weather team.
Well a bunch of weathers can screw up a normal weather team easily. Then
Any coverage ideas for Charizard? Settling for Focus Blast now
I might consider Ludicolo, but his offences are terrible.
Either Sand or Hail. I need something to deal damage behind substitute, stallers etc. Also, can't rely on two weather effects
Changing Castform for Lickilicky. However, Castform gets STAB from almost every attack in any weather. Check above for redone team

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Well a bunch of weathers can screw up a normal weather team easily. Then
Any coverage ideas for Charizard? Settling for Focus Blast now
I might consider Ludicolo, but his offences are terrible.
Either Sand or Hail. I need something to deal damage behind substitute, stallers etc. Also, can't rely on two weather effects
Changing Castform for Lickilicky. However, Castform gets STAB from almost every attack in any weather. Check above for redone team

90 Special Attack isn't that bad. Rain-boosted Hydro Pumps and Surfs are enough to compensate for that.

If you want to deal with Substitute users, try using a Pokemon with multi-hit moves, such as Cinccino. It's frail, but it gets the job done:
-Tail Slap
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Blast
-U-turn
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link

Back