• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music survey.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I used to like doing these things in my early Tumblr days, so I thought maybe y'all would too. I thought it'd fit well in here because it's lengthy, but Dave, feel free to move it to Forum Games or something if you feel you'd rather have it there. I just thought it was too long for a game, per se. You guys are free to redo this in the future if you'd like as well, just don't spam the thread.

Anyway, what you'll need to do is put your library on shuffle and list the first 14 songs you get, without repeating songs. Repeating artists is optional, though. I personally don't like to, but if you don't mind, then that's okay too. You see, if I allowed repeating artists, it'd probably just be a list of Kings of Leon. Oh. Why 14? Because it's the first survey I found when I searched and it has 14, so you just have to deal with it. So go ahead and list your shuffled songs somewhere, and once you do that, answer the survey questions! Have fun. :)

Spoiler:

Edit: Survey #2! This one is slightly different. For this, there are 21 songs (though it's easier to not list them and just go through the questions as you go through the songs) and for the answers, you must post the first lyric of the song. If there are no lyrics in the song, skip to the next song. So yeah, feel free to do this one as well, if it's your first time in this thread.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
1. Ain't No Rest For The Wicked - Cage the Elephant
2. The Bucket - Kings of Leon
3. Ball of Twine - Louis XIV
4. Blame It On The Adderall - Super Mash Bros.
5. Kisses and Thugs - Super Mash Bros.
6. Midnight SAIL - Isosine
7. Try Honestly - Billy Talent
8. Let You Down - Dave Matthews Band
9. Bold As Love - John Mayer
10. Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins
11. Hurtful - Erik Hassle
12. The House You're Building - Audrey Assad
13. This Is How It Goes - Billy Talent
14. Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

--
I don't exactly care for some of my results and I barely like some of these songs anymore, but I'll just deal with it. :)
--

Who does #5 remind you of? Nobody, really. It's from a mashup album and I can't really even remember what that section contains.

What is your favorite lyric from song #8? "You could look inside and see what's on my mind"

When did you discover the band/singer from #2? Many years ago. Instantly became my favorite band.

What's the first line of song #9? "Anger he smiles towering in shiny metallic purple armor"

What's the last line of song #1? "Until we close our eyes for good"

Can you relate to song #13? In what ways? Maybe in the past at some point when I loved the band, but I don't care for them much now and I can't relate to their self-depreciating songs much anymore.

What's the the chorus of #3? "To a ball of twine you're like a yo-yo runnin' on the ground
ya come up before you fall down"

Is song #14 your favorite song? Hardly.

How many albums do you have of #10? Zero.

When did you first hear song #4? A month or so ago.

How did you discover song #12? Free song on iTunes and I actually loved it.

What do you like about song #6? Mashes up one of my favorite songs with two songs I really like.

Spell song #7 without vowels: Try Hnstly

Who would you recommend song #11 to? No one because it's corny and pop and it sucks.

:)

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
#1 : Calvin Harris - Iron
#2 : Nobuo Uematsu - Party
#3 : Emancipator - It Will Be Cold Enough to Build Fires
#4 : PJ Harvey - All and Everyone
#5 : Tower of Power - Willing to Learn
#6 : The Knife - A Tooth for an Eye
#7 : Andy Stott - Lost and Found
#8 : Rudresh Mahanthappa - We'll Make More
#9 : Wavves - Weed Demon
#10 : Karriem Riggins - Esperanza
#11 : Goodie Mob - Free
#12 : Madvillain - Meat Grinder
#13 : Pro Era - Like Water
#14 : Minutemen - God Bows to Math

---

Who does #5 remind you of?
My mom. It reminds me of the kind of music my mom liked to play in the car when I was still a kid. Y'know, 90's R&B.

What is your favorite lyric from song #8?
It's a jazz piece, no lyrics!

When did you discover the band/singer from #2?
When I played Final Fantasy X for the first time. The music in the soundtrack was spectacular. I haven't listened to this particular piece before, but it's still great nonetheless.

What's the first line of song #9?
Dark cave...

What's the last line of song #1?
Our hearts will never be the same again.

Can you relate to song #13? In what ways?
I'm not sure what's meant behind the song but it's incredibly melancholic and one of my favourites from them.

What's the the chorus of #3?
There are vocals, but the words are almost unintelligible. (Google doesn't have it too!) I reckon it's all just vocal loops with no chorus.

Is song #14 your favorite song?
Nope.

How many albums do you have of #10?
Just that one album : Alone Together.

When did you first hear song #4?
This is actually my first time listening to it (I haven't listened to the album yet).

How did you discover song #12?
A close friend recommended the album to me a few years ago when I started actively discovering music. The album was probably one of my first forays into hip-hop. I still listen to the album now and then, and it's one of my favourites in the genre.

What do you like about song #6?
The screeching vocals and distinct Oriental beats. The album is chock-full of these kinds of sounds. It's manic and fun, you should try it!

Spell song #7 without vowels:-
Lst nd Fnd.

Who would you recommend song #11 to?
The same friend who introduced Madvillainy to me. She's pretty much the only person who's as passionate as I am about music.

---

Cool game, Sydian :3

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not sure how to shuffle list on Winamp, so I just put it shuffle played the first song on Winamp (which I didn't count) and I just hit skip to start the next random song... here are the first 14 that played:

01 - Venom - "Moonshine"
02 - Kiss - "Everytime I look At You"
03 - Megadeth - "Kill the King"
04 - Mago de Oz - "Más Que Una Intención"
05 - Darkthrone - "Tyster Pa Gud"
06 - Megadeth - "My Kingdom"
07 - King Diamond - "The Spider's Lullabye"
08 - Mercyful Fate - "The Afterlife"
09 - Queensryche - "Losing Myself"
10 - Venom - "Welcome to Hell"
11 - Twisted Sister - "Run for Your Life"
12 - Bathory - "War Machine"
13 - Accept - "Feelings"
14 - Bathory - "Born for Burning"

The questions look like fun to answer,
(can I answer more than once in the future, I know I will get different songs - I have 9,809)

Questionnaire:
Who does #5 remind you of? - No one in particular, no one in my family likes Darkthrone - I also don't know anyone in Seattle or online friends that like Darkthrone either

What is your favorite lyric from song #8? - "Nobody hears me...As I... Scream"

When did you discover the band/singer from #2? - I think it was from the movie "Detroit Rock City" when I first discovered Kiss, it was soo long ago, I think it was from the movie - or it could be that my mom also likes Kiss' music.

What's the first line of song #9? - "There's a thunder in my head,"

What's the last line of song #1? - "Moonshine" is repeated 4 times until song ends

Can you relate to song #13? In what ways? - to be honest, not sure, I haven't paid attention to the song or the lyrics

What's the the chorus of #3? -
"Kill the King, The King is dead
I am the King, Long live the King
Kill the King, The King is dead
I am the King, Long live the King"

Is song #14 your favorite song? - No, but some day it may become, really loved the solo's on it

How many albums do you have of #10? - I have 16 albums of Venom (including live cd's)

When did you first hear song #4? - When I was visiting relatives in Mexico, that's when I heard about Mago de Oz. In 2006.

How did you discover song #12? - when I bought the album "Requiem" almost 8 years ago - it was when I first discovered the band Bathory, and was interested in listening to their other songs

What do you like about song #6? - Dave Mustaine's vocals and one of the solos in the song

Spell song #7 without vowels: - "Th Spdr's Lllby"

Who would you recommend song #11 to? - To my mother, I bet she would love this song, its not too "heavy" as the metal I normally listen too.

^
that was fun to make - I did have to look up the lyrics since many of them I didn't have.

Last edited:

TY

Spoiler:

No one really, i dont think someone i know is into this song a lot like me.

"If you take me for granted, you'll leave empty handed"

It was quite some time ago, i think in 2005, when their album "Hold Your Color" came out

"It seems like you're waiting for nothing"

"On your back, yeah its time to blow the speaker"

Yes i can relate to it pretty well, though the reason is somewhat more between me and someone else...

"Love is a potion
Mixed up by careless fools
And it takes two
And it takes two"

"Love isn't searchin'
It comes right out the blue
And when she casts her spell
There's nothing you can do."

No it isnt, my favorite song actually became #15 xD

3, In Silico, Immersion and Hold Your Color

Not that long ago, its a song i found on YouTube like a few weeks ago.

I found it on YouTube while looking for DnB songs.

It's DnB, which is always something good for me, and i really love the vocals.

Spell song #7 without vowels:
"Ghst ssssn"

I would recommend it to anyone who likes Trance songs, since this is one of the best i heard that isnt made by someone who is really popular.

This took soooo long D:

Years
1. Within Temptation - Our Farewell
2. Ms. John Soda - Elusive
3. M83 - Slight Night Shiver
4. capsule - Stay with You
5. World's End Girlfriend - Tow Seasons
6. the brilliant green - Rainy days never stays (album mix)
7. Tigarah - Japanese Queen
8. Hooverphonic - Dictionary
9. DE DE MOUSE - rats walks my forehead slowly
10. King Crimson - Easy Money
11. JUDY AND MARY - ステレオ全開
12. Perfume - Dream Fighter
13. Tori Amos - another girl's paradise
14. Ladytron - Whitelightgenerator

I really need to purge some stuff from my library.

It reminds me of dreaming, or swimming, or flying, or floating. Something along those lines.

"Won't you be my dictionary? Can't I be very necessary?" The lyrics to this song aren't very good.

Someone gave me the mp3s, but I can't remember who and I don't really listen to this band. It must have been at least a year ago.

It's instrumental. It doesn't have any lines. Oh darn.

"This is not our farewell." Well, that was anti-climactic.

Eh, not really. I think the song is about jealousy and I'm not an overly jealous person.

Oops. Another songs without lyrics.

Nope. I don't think this one would be a contender. It's not bad, but not really super special.

Just one

When the album first came out a few years ago. I'm a Capsule fan so I went and got it as soon as I could.

I discovered Perfume while I was in Japan and then I just kept up with their releases so I probably would have first seen this song performed on a music show.

It's amazing. It's got this catchy opening beat and the chorus has this upbeat thing going on and I'm terrible at talking about music, but it's just a fun song all around. Probably their best.

Jpns Qn

Probably only someone who likes Japanese music. It's 90s pop-punk with high pitched vocals and even for someone who can get over the language barrier it's not going to be to their taste necessarily, despite how great this band is.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Well, my main playlist (meaning the one I listen to the most right now) only has The Strokes and Arctic Monkeys (with like two Green Day songs as well) so my list will probably only have them in it lol.

1. 505 - Arctic Monkeys
2. Vision of Division - The Strokes
3. Barely Legal - The Strokes
4. Someday - The Strokes
5. Welcome to Japan - The Strokes
6. Under Cover of Darkness - The Strokes
7. 12:51 - The Strokes
8. Dancing Shoes - Arctic Monkeys
9. Mad Sounds - Arctic Monkeys
10. Razorblade - The Strokes
11. American Idiot - Green Day
12. Arabella - Arctic Monkeys
13. Gratisfaction - The Strokes
14. Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys

---​

It reminds me of a crazy holiday to Japan which is full of unexpected surprises. The guitar riffs are just so fun.

What is your favourite lyric from song #8?
"It's the only reason that you came... SO WHAT YOU SCARED FOR?!"

I was listening to a mixtape from one of my favourite rappers (Intuition, definitely check him out), and that mixtape is basically him putting a verse on songs which originally had no rap in it. Under Cover of Darkness was one of these songs, and since I liked the sound I decided to check out The Strokes.

"Mad sounds..."
The actual song title... how disappointing sigh

"With your hands between your thighs with a smile..."

Well... the story of the song is about someone returning from the army and finding out that their lover from before had left him, but I haven't been to a war and haven't really had my heart broken yet, so I guess not.

Oh god... the chorus is quite long aha

"And all together it went well
We may pretend we were best friends
Then she said "Oh you're a freak"
They ordered me to make mistakes
Together again, like the beginnin'
It all works somehow in the end
The things we did the thing you hide
But for the record it's between you and I"

Not really, though it is up there I guess.

I'm guessing the artist/band of that song? Then I own Is This It, so I guess one for now. I plan to get them all in due time.

I can't remember haha. Probably off YouTube is where, but I can't answer when.

When I was listening to AM in full for the first time.

I love the intro and the the guitar solo. Everything else is ok. I still adore it however because it was the first Strokes song I heard.

12:51

Someone who hates rednecks to the bottom of their hearts, doesn't like American media in general, and is fond of extremely loud guitars.

---​

This was quite fun, there needs to be more of these in PC.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Klippy said:
Who would you recommend song #11 to? No one because it's corny and pop and it sucks.

Um, no sir, you recommended it to me circa 2011. lol

Anyway, here are the songs I got:
1. Hanging On - Ellie Goulding
2. McFearless - Kings of Leon
3. ...Baby, One More Time - Britney Spears
4. I'm So Sick - Flyleaf
5. Colours - Grouplove
6. Kanto Champion Battle (BW) - Junichi Masuda
7. Breakfast In America - James Blunt
8. We Are Young - Boyce Avenue
9. Party - Beyonce feat. Andre 3000
10. Reminder - Jay-Z
11. Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye
12. Sleazy - Ke$ha
13. Special Pets - Otep
14. Change (In the House of Flies) - Deftones

Interesting mix.

My dad. Not because of the song itself, just because I remember when I would drive him places, this was one of my favorite songs at the time, so we listened to it a lot together!

"Just carry me home tonight."

Back in 2009, that Klippy fellow was all like "u gota lisn 2 arizona by kingz of loen omg" and I've been hooked on the band ever since. I didn't plan on getting a KoL song second in my list like him, I swear lol.

"You a bad girl and your friends bad too. We got the swag sauce, we drippin' swagu."

"To you and me."

NOOOOO hahaha. It did inspire one of my old wolf characters though, but it's got nothing to do with me.

You know what? I'm not even gonna tell you. It's been ingrained into our heads since its release. You should all know it by now.

Don't even need to refer to the list to tell you that it's not, haha.

None. Don't tell him though, cause in that song he talks about how all his albums are platinum n stuff so shhh.

CHURCH

My 8 year old cousin who knew all the words...

Everything. What I don't like is how it wasn't even used in the game and then they changed it when B2W2 came out and it did get used. What even.

brkfst n mrc (wow lol)

No one. It was on the radio enough to where everyone has heard it, therefore not needing it recommended.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Lol i have a largeeee itunes library so... some of these songs i don't even like at all XD

1. Hero/Heroine - Boys Like Girls (not sure why i have this one)
2. The Wind - Zac Brown Band (yesss gotta get my redneck on!)
3. Love the Way You Lie - Eminem ft. Rhianna (whooo!! em is one of my favs)
4. Lance's Song - Zac Brown Band (woah two of zac's?! but i lovee this song XD)
5. Lolipop - Lil Wayne ft. Static (lol i gotta get my fix of newerish rap :p)
6. Flexing - Meek Mill (second best song on the mixtape :3)
7. Smack That - Akon ft. Eminem (loool so catchy :D)
8. K.O. - 2Chainz ft. Big Sean (this song makes me laugh so hard...)
9. Karma - Waka Flocka Flame ft. YG Hootie and Papa Smurf (Funfact: me and waka were born in the same hospital :3)
10. It Takes Two - Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock (noow here we go... got some classics :D)
11. Monster - Big Bang (don't hate... >.> im korean im allowed to have k-pop)
12. N.Y. State of Mind - Nas (classic hip-hop... 'nuf said)
13. Beautiful - Eminem (lovee this song)
14. Ms. Jackson - Outkast (OMG OUTKAST!!!!)

Ehhh... I would've prefered something more emotional or nice, but I got stuck with Lolipop XD Weell this reminds me of my friend that really liked this song and would always dance to it when he heard it XD

A three way tie, listening to 2 chainz try and sing makes me laugh... Put your panties to the side let me slide through XD and then... You know she dark skin her friend light skin Put us together, and it's Ice cream Looool I cant XD

A whileee ago... even when zac's band wasn't well known he lived in my town so, me and my friends would go see them at the city's auditorium (which he now owns) sooo im not sure cause I grew up with their music XD

I told my lord to get my back for all the crazy **** I did.... pretty much sums up the song

I feel like a hero and you are my heroine (so cheesy XD)

I can kinda relate to the hopelessness that Em feels and talks about through the song. And when he talks about hiding behind the tears of a clown I can relate to trying to act happy and joking around when im hurting a lot inside.

~Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
Well that's alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
Well, that's alright because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie~

Hmmm.... I absolutely love Outkast and I think I would put this in my top 100 maybe top 50 but, no not my favorite song :3

I only have one album by Rob Base and DJ Ez which shares the name of the song, It Takes Two

I first heard Lance's Song when I downloaded Zac Brown Band's album, Uncaged. It instantly became one of my favorite songs eveeer... just the tribute they made to a drummer they used to play with that passed away makes me feel all emotional for some reason XD

If you don't know what NY State of Mind is... then youre not a hip hop fan XD Im sorry I just cant take someone seriously when they say theyre a huge hip-hop listener when they don't know who Nas or his greatest song, NY State of Mind is... just smh.

Not really anything too special about it... but Meek goes pretty hard on the beat. His energy and his kinda good lyricism makes me like it.

Spell song #7 without vowels
Smck Tht (not nearly as funny as I wanted it to be D:)

Hmmm.... anyone who likes K-Pop... my mom I guess cause she likes korean music (she's korean)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Spoiler:
Your taste in music is incredible js.

---​

This looks like fun! I'm using the 'one song per band' rule.

Spoiler:

The old days of the Pokémon Clubs IRC channel - I always used to come on and shout 'LAAYYYYLLAAAAAAAA' and... it was more fun than it sounds honestly! Good times paha.

"There's a time and a place to die, but this ain't it."

The song was featured on a mobile broadband advert and I loved it so I downloaded - that's the first time I'd ever heard of her haha.

"You say love, I say killing time."

"The dark of the matinée is mine, yes it's mine."

I can; despite the rough nature of the song it has a really sweet meaning about always wanting the person you love to be around you and in your memories and for them to never leave your life, even after death.

"You can do all the things that you'd like to do; all around, underground, pick a part that's new. You can do anything that you'd like to do; all around, upside-down, anything that's new."

It isn't, but I do love it! My favourite is actually #12 :D

One from when he did a collaboration album with Arctic Monkeys' lead singer Alex Turner (The Last Shadow Puppets) and his début album, I never bought his newer work though because it just wasn't as good.

My friend made me listen to it whilst playing Castle Wars in Runescape years ago and it became one of my favourite songs for playing video games with. The atmosphere it creates it just perfect haha.

I saw it as the encore to a live show (with Miles Kane supporting) and I almost died of joy. It was... beyond incredible haha. It quickly became one of my favourite songs and I'd kill to see it played live.

It's so atmospheric! The lyrics are exciting (and fun to sing), the video is insanely cool, all A7x music is spectacularly over the top, and the solo is just wowww.

Nrgrd? :D

Anyone looking for a nice relaxing chill-out song! It's the perfect song to sit back and reflect on life with whilst still being good to listen to otherwise. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone that's into some more emotional music.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
1. Army of Me - Bjork
2. The Ocean and the Sun - The Sound of Animals Fighting
3. Slightly Drifting - Mercury Program
4. Sleep - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
5. Maximalist - baths
6. Alala - CSS
7. White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes
8. Luca - Brand New
9. What Would I Want? Sky - Animal Collective
10. Hand to Hesitate - HRVRD
11. Rano Pano - Mogwai
12. Broken Lungs - Thrice
13. The Greatest Lie - Circa Survive
14. Virgin - Manchester Orchestra

What does 5 remind you of?
The importance of courage.

"Son, the last thing you'll realize you need is what you've already got."

Its a side project containing members of other bands that I like/liked.

"Good dreams."

"And if you complain once more, you'll meet an army of me."

Yeah, I can. In every way. Its an interesting perspective on relations with other people and religion that I share.

What's the chorus of #3?
It doesn't have lyrics, lol.

No. #13 is one of my favorites, though.

2. Which is all of them.

Several years ago, I heard they were good and bought some of their records.

I bought the album when it came out in...2007 or 8. But I was a Thrice fan for a while already.

It reminds me of the 90s for some reason lol.

Spell #7 without vowels:
wht wntr hmnl

Anyone who likes instrumental or ambient, relaxing type music I guess.

Years
1. Taking Back Sunday - Error: Operator
2. Beck - Where It's At
3. Shinedown - If You Only Knew
4. Rise Against - The Dirt Whispered
5. Rise Against - Anywhere But Here
6. Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
7. Hans Zimmer - One Simple Idea (Inception)
8. Mutemath - Spotlight
9. Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad (The Dark Knight)
10. Rihanna - Diamonds
11. Lupe Fiasco - Letting Go (Feat. Sarah Green)
12. Puddle of Mudd - Blurry
13. Dashboard Confessional - Belle Of The Boulevard
14. Jay-Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder

Me, in my last class. B)

THE SPOTLIGHT IS OUURRSSS WHAOAOAOAOAOOO

Honestly, probably from my parents. My mom and dad both like Beck.

It's all orchestral, sooooo

(Feels like anything anything, anything anything)

Well, I'm not a girl/not a belle, but I guess I could be the guy in the situation? Idk.

It's 4:03, and I can't sleep
Without you next to me, I toss and turn like the sea
If I drown tonight, bring me back to life
Breathe your breath in me

One of my faves from Jay, not overall.

Physical albums? None.

Probably on Youtube a very long time ago. XD

It was a 90's radio staple, that's how.

Pretty good different song, but incredibly overplayed. :/

N smpl d

Anyone, really. It's probably my favorite Lupe Fiasco song.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Let's go: The Cars
Mysterious ways: U2
Don't bring me down: The Animals
People are strange: The Doors
Take on me: A-ha
Porpoise song: The Monkees
Love is only sleeping: The Monkees
Sunday Bloody Sunday: U2
[Im not your] Steppin' Stone: The Monkees
Pride (in the name of love): U2
Moving in stereo: The Cars
We gotta get out of this place: The Animals
Gimme shelter: The Rolling Stones
It's my life: The Animals

I don't know. I can tell you what it reminds me of. The main instrumental just screams "pure happiness." Weird, I know.

"So many lost, but tell me who has won?"

I've heard their songs a lot, but when I first knew who they were, I didn't like them. I still think they are overrated, but two or three of their songs are amazing. To answer the question, five years ago I think.

"You're trying to make your mark on society, using all the tricks that you used on me."

"She's a frozen fire, she's my one desire."

Yes, I believe the world is corrupted, and I need shelter from it.

Oh-oh no, don't bring me down, I'm begging you, don't bring me down

Actually, it is.

None

Driving home from school. I remember thinking of how I relayed to it.

Heard it on the radio. Was creeped out at first, but came to love.

The message and how it's hidden.

Lv s nl slpng

Who would you recommend song #11 to? Anyone who feels they are worked up over something that doesn't deserve their time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
1. All Those Friendly People - Funeral Suits
2. Montezuma - Fleet Foxes
3. Love of an Orchestra - Noah and the Whale
4. Before - Washed Out
5. Beach Comber - Real Estate
6. Someday - Two Door Cinema Club
7. Love the Way You Lie (Part 2) [feat. Eminem] - Rihanna
8. Forever - Youngblood Hawke
9. Water Games (Interlude) - SebastiAn
10. Words So Leisured - Franz Ferdinand
11. Lisbon, OH - Bon Iver
12. Three Blocks - Real Estate
13. Tab Open - Sammy Adams
14. Disco Heaven - Lady Gaga

Who does #5 remind you of? It doesn't remind me of a person. It reminds me of a time. A time I never experienced, so it's kind of confusing. It reminds me of a time where I was driving in a really old, classic car with people I've never met to the beach and it plays like a rolling film in my mind that's aged. The corners of the screen are burned and it has a vintage feel to it.

So I followed all the trails to Monaco
Who the hell am I to tell you where to go?
Smokestacks and chimneys billow from my chest
Breaking into the house just to see what's left

When did you discover the band/singer from #2? 2008.

What's the first line of song #9? It doesn't have any lyrics.

What's the last line of song #1? "Writing songs and wasting away"

Can you relate to song #13? In what ways? No.

What's the the chorus of #3? "If you gotta run, run from hope"

Is song #14 your favorite song? Absolutely not. I actually really hate almost every single song off of The Fame, including Disco Heaven.

How many albums do you have of #10? I have Franz Ferdinand, and Tonight: Franz Ferdinand. Franz Ferdinand is one of my favorite bands, so I like to buy their albums rather than download illegally. I haven't set aside any finances to buy their new album and I don't really like You Could Have It So Much Better.

When did you first hear song #4? The day I bought the Within and Without album off iTunes, I listened to it in full.

How did you discover song #12? I discovered Real Estate on Last.fm, and downloaded an album that I later bought. Then I downloaded another album of theirs that I later bought as well. Three Blocks was a song on the album I downloaded.

What do you like about song #6? Everything.

Spell song #7 without vowels: Lv th w l (prt. 2) [ft. mnm]

Who would you recommend song #11 to? Everyone, though its more of an interlude than a proper song.

BonkersRider

Twisted Fashion Gal
Years
*Who does #5 remind you of?
Carmilla's Masque by Cradle of Filth. It reminds me of the movie Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

*What is your favorite lyric from song #8?
Eternal Return by Therion. The lyric in question would be "The queen of beauty (veil of time)".

*When did you discover the band/singer from #2?
Insomnia by Armatek. I discovered the artist earlier this year in February.

*What's the first line of song #9?
Fear Factory from Donkey Kong Country. Unfortunately this song does not have lyrics.

*What's the last line of song #1?
Hufsa by Arcturus. The last line: "Min sorg et større enn ord" (translation from Norwegian "My grief is larger than words").

*Can you relate to song #13? In what ways?
Prelude in C Major. I can relate to this song. This is the first song I learned to play by memory on piano.

*What's the the chorus of #3?
Bastard by Devin Townsend. The chorus:
"Bastard, mother, father, no...
Time passed quicker than you will ever know
And they can push me harder
But you know I'll never go
And they will justify it, but you know
It will take them slow
"

*Is song #14 your favorite song?
Megatona Furioso by Shin Hae Chul & N.EX.T. I like the song, but it is nowhere near my top favorites.

*How many albums do you have of #10?
The Invincible by Therion. I have 8 of their albums: Theli, A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming, Vovin, Crowning Of Atlantis, Deggial, Secrets Of The Runes, Lemuria, and Sirius B.

*When did you first hear song #4?
Quick!! by Hyadain. I first heard this song sometime two years ago.

*How did you discover song #12?
She Mourns a Lengthening Shadow by Cradle of Filth. I discovered this back in 2002 when I used ARES.

*What do you like about song #6?
Cirno no Sansuu Kyou****su by IOSYS. It is a cute upbeat song.

*Spell song #7 without vowels:
Lvndr Twn by Steven Walking (Lavender Town).

*Who would you recommend song #11 to?
Rabid by Mortician. I would recommend this to anyone who like really brutal metal.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Fun times! Here's what I got:

1) "Joseph Smith American Moses" from The Book of Mormon (Cast Recording)
2) "Never Going Back Again" from Rumours (Fleetwood Mac)
3) "Gone Daddy Gone" from St. Elsewhere (Gnarls Barkley)
4) "My Boy Builds Coffins" from Lungs (Florence + the Machine)
5) "Between Two Lungs" from Lungs (Florence + the Machine)
6) "Strange Mercy" from Strange Mercy (St. Vincent)
7) "Who Cares?" from St. Elsewhere (Gnarls Barkley)
8) "I'm Super" from South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut (OST)
9) "Putting the Dog to Sleep" from Burst Apart (The Antlers)
10) "The Way Things Are" from When the Pawn... (Fiona Apple)
11) "Can't Hold Us" from The Heist (Macklemore)
12) "Girl With One Eye" from Lungs (Florence + the Machine)
13) "Dreams" from Rumours (Fleetwood Mac)
14) "Little Lies" from Tango in the Night (Fleetwood Mac)

Who does #5 remind you of? It doesn't remind me of anyone, to be honest. It just makes me feel happy (especially the middle-8), so I associate it with that feelings.

What is your favourite lyric from song #8? "I'm super, thanks for asking!"

When did you discover the band/singer from #2? A fair while ago. I think I must have been about 14 or 15, and it was one of the first CDs that I bought for myself to listen to, with iTunes still in its relative infancy.

What's the first line of song #9? Prove to me I'm not gonna die alone.

What's the last line of song #1? Something that's too rude for this forum. Even asterisking it out would mainly result in asterisks with random verbs thrown in for good measure!

Can you relate to song #13? In what ways? Thunder does always happen when it's raining. Or when it's about to rain. It's actually my least favourite song on the album, but when it's the best album of all time, that's not saying much.

What's the the chorus of #3? 'Cuz it's gone daddy gone, the love is gone / Yeah, it's gone daddy gone, the love is gone / It's gone daddy gone, the love is gone / Yeah, it's gone daddy gone, the love is gone away

Is song #14 your favourite song? Nope. It's very much a guilty pleasure in that it's unbelievably cheesy but I'll never skip it if it comes on shuffle.

How many albums do you have of #10? Three. The one mentioned above, The Idler Wheel... and a bootleg copy of Extraordinary Machine, produced by Jon Brion, that I downloaded off YouTube because the official version isn't great.

When did you first hear song #4? When I downloaded the album. So... about three or four years ago.

How did you discover song #12? See above.

What do you like about song #6? The crazy-ass things that St. Vincent can do with a guitar.

Spell song #7 without vowels: Wh Crs?

Who would you recommend song #11 to? Someone who hasn't managed to hear it on the radio! That thing was ubiquitous when it came out!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
1. Ariana Grande - The Way
2. Lady Gaga - Applause
3. Katy Perry - Dark Horse
4. Lady Gaga - Manicure
5. One Direction - They Don't Know About Us
6. Taylor Swift - Red
7. Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful
8. Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran - Everything Has Changed
9. Mogwai - You're Lionel Richie
10. One Direction - Kiss You
11. Rihanna - Stay
12. Lady Gaga - Alejandro
13. Ke$ha - Warrior
14. Ramin Djawadi (Game of Thrones) - Jon's Honor

I have no shame.

Spoiler:

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
1)Nine in the Afternoon-Panic! At the Disco
2)Bob Dylan-Nine Days
3)It Was You-12 Stones
4)The Reason-Hoobastank
5)Breathing-Yellowcard
6)Kings and Queens-30 Seconds To Mars
7)How to Save a Life-The Fray
8)Wavin' Flag (Coca-cola Celebration)-K'naan
9)Everlong-Foo Fighters
10)Smoke and Mirrors-Lifehouse
11)Rockstar-Nickelback
12)Hey There Delilah-Plain White T's
13)Sometimes-Nine Days
14)Boulevard of Broken Dreams-Green Day

Spoiler:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Going for another try - wonder what music selection will my Winamp come up with....

01 - Immolation - "Challenge the Storm"
02 - Iced Earth - "Stand Alone"
03 - Narjahanam - "Rayat Al-Mowt" [translates to "Banners of Death"]
04 - Megadeth - "Hook in Mouth"
05 - Helloween - "Power"
06 - Cannibal Corpse - "Festering in the Crypt"
07 - Jane's Addiction - "Summertime Rolls"
08 - Iced Earth - "Waterloo"
09 - Cannibal Corpse - "Centuries of Torment"
10 - Hombres G - "Huellas En La Bajamar" [translates to "Footprints in the 'Bajamar'"]
11 - Venom - "To Hell and Back"
12 - Nirvana - "About a Girl"
13 - Motley Crue - "All in the Name Of..."
14 - Motley Crue - "Too Young to Fall in Love"

Questions:
Who does #5 remind you of? - one of my friends in High School, he used to love Helloween, that's where I found out about the band too.

What is your favorite lyric from song #8? - probably the last part of the song, since the song is about the battle of Waterloo...
"45,000 wounded or dead
When the fight was finally through"

When did you discover the band/singer from #2? - I think it was when I first bought the album "Burnt Offerings" almost 9 years ago. I read about them in a magazine, I think the magazine was Metal Edge. I decided to give them a try, and loved their music

What's the first line of song #9? - "Generations, Denying penance"

What's the last line of song #1? - "We must forge on"

Can you relate to song #13? In what ways? - I don't think I can, its one of those songs I generally skip, never liked it so I never paid attention it

What's the the chorus of #3? - there are lyrics to the song, I can't find them since I don't speak Arabic

Is song #14 your favorite song? - for a short time long ago it used to be, now not so much

How many albums do you have of #10? - 11 CD's, as my uncle is a big fan of them, one of the few rock bands I will listen too

When did you first hear song #4? - So many years ago - I think about 12 years ago, I been a long time Megadeth fan, and the song is on the album "So Far, So Good... so What" and I love all the songs on the album

How did you discover song #12? - they play the song a lot on the radio, so this one Radio really got me into other Grunge songs I normally wouldn't pay attention too, like "About a Girl"

What do you like about song #6? - Everything in the song I love, its my current #1 song - the guitars, the bass, the drums, the guttural vocals, but its the lyrics what I like most about the song. It's about how a dead corpse would be like buried underground.

Spell song #7 without vowels: Smmrtm Rlls

Who would you recommend song #11 to? - probably anyone that likes Black Sabbath, Bathory, Led Zeppelin or Celtic Frost.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
1. Fall Out Boy - America's Suitehearts (Folie à Deux)
2. Bullet For My Valentine - Forever And Always (Scream, Aim, Fire)
3. Mest - Living Dead (Destination Unknown)
4. The Dillinger Escape Plan - Prancer (One Of Us Is The Killer)
5. Arcade Fire - (Antichrist Television Blues) (Neon Bible)
6. The Rolling Stones - Soul Survivor (Exile on Main Street)
7. Five Horse Johnson - Mississippi King (The No. 6 Dance)
8. Sienna Skies - iOpener (Truest Of Colours)
9. Gallows - Graves (Grey Britain)
10. Transplants - Diamonds and Guns (Transplants)
11. Paramore - Careful (Brand New Eyes)
12. Volbeat - A Warrior's Call (Beyond Hell/Above Heaven)
13. Hey Rosetta! - Welcome (Seeds)
14. Halestorm - Mz. Hyde (The Strange Case Of...)

My drummer who's one of my best mates. He's incredibly indie and Arcade Fire is like his favourite band.

Another broken silence
Another love will reign
Another crowd inspired to love and love again
We will show them all that this is really true
And we will set the benchmark, just me and you

Aaaages ago. They were one of the first metal bands I got into...well, when they were metal. Oh, and I saw them live twice.

Black cross burns, above our graves

I'm in love with my own sins

Well... seeing as I only listen to Hey Rosetta very occasionally, I can't really. But I looked up the meaning of the song and it's about the singer's friend's kid in utero, I think. Or something. Idfk.

You walked away yesterday
Now today there's nothing to say
So tomorrow will never know
What should have been or could have been
Cause yesterday has been done

Considering I have around 5000 songs, that question would be almopst impossible. But for the record, no, it's not. Although I saw Halestorm live and they were pretty damn good.

LOL that's the only song I have by them. And the only one on the above list which I have only one song by.

After watching theneedledrop's review of the album, I decided to check the first song off the album out. Pretty damn good.

I met some guy at a gig and I think we got talking and he recommended me Volbeat. Which I then listened to. Now we need another elvis metal band called Illumise.

Erm it's The Rolling Stones. I don't need to say more.

Msssspp Kng
..yeah.

Umm literally everyone has heard it, so yeah...anyone. lol.

Back