• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What is your favourite Pokemon game you have ever played?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it's gotta be Pokémon Emerald. I've spent countless amount of hours playing this game, because the region is just too fun to explore. All the locations in this game have something unique that sets them apart from each other, and their music are calm and relaxing. Plus, the game had secret base system, which allowed you to make your own personal hideout.

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
I personally favor Colosseum. It brought a whole new meaning to Pokemon, and in such a way that it related to the real world. While snagging machines and underground cities are far from realistic in our "modern" world, the overall experience made Pokemon that much more real to me. That, and the amazing soundtrack it boasted.

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
Years
I have to say SoulSilver, just because I really liked the graphics, but Emerald is a really close second just because it was the one I played the most.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Just like Kevan, Hikari, & Keropla mentioned above me. Black2/White2 have been my favorites so far. Black2 took me out of emulation and buying the actual DS games and DS consoles.

Unova has been my favorite region so far, all my favorite Pokemon can be found in B2W2, my favorite places in the Pokemon World are in Unova.

Now, in both games, I'm in the post game, and there are still places I have not yet explored, having such a fun time exploring.

Jip

Hipster Jipster
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 1, 2020
Heartgold, with Emerald following close behind. Both have great story lines.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
I should include my favorite spinoff game as well! That's obviously Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky!

The original Pokemon MD games suck compared to Time/Dark/Sky if you ask me. The story was weak and the ending was halfed. I didn't even feel sad, just angry when I beat the final boss!

Pokemon MD: Explorers of Sky takes everything (almost everything, as Gates to Infinity improved on the older games as well) and improves on it. The story was pretty incredibly with no holes and groan-inducing moments like the old one, where characters just jumped out of nowhere. The ending was sad and there were a ton of interesting and almost required things to do post-game, like the Shaymin Village and Mt. Sky quest and being able to evolve. There's also a completely different storyline!

Years
Ugh, too many. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Black 2/White 2 are my favorite main series games. Out of all of those.. I'd say Emerald and Crystal are my top favorites.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Pokemon white 2 because I can actually do more than just legendaries in the post game, PWT with all the gym leaders(except Koga) coming back! I wish the other elite 4 came back though. And hoenn is also awesome with all the cool new pokemon, I just hated training. Better than HG/SS though, the training there was tedious and Picnicker Liz always called me about random stuff.

Last edited:

d

White and Platinum for me. I haven't even finished White2 yet. I put it somewhere and forgot it existed.

Years
I have to go with Black 2 and White 2. As if I haven't explained enough reason why I love this game, here are a few:

-Lots of Pokémon to choose from and play through the main game with. The possibilities for teams are nearly endless.

-It has so much to do. The Black Tower/White Treehollow, getting to battle all the Gym Leaders in the PWT, and lots of powerful trainers to take on and cool places to explore make for a great post-game. And they actually try to motivate you to complete the Pokédex for the first time since Emerald with some nice rewards.

-Great conveniences such as the free space, the fact that you can put most menus on Select, moving items from one Pokémon to another, and being able to spray Repels again right away. Those are all great.

-VERY good visuals. The battle scenes, for example - animated trainer sprites, the grass moves in the background, caves and forests look much more lively, and the Elite Four got some epic presentations. Oh, and that brings me to...

-The battle with Iris. While she's not the hardest Champion ever, she still makes for an awesome, AWESOME fight, especially on Challenge Mode. I've always loved battling that Haxorus. And the credits afterward are just so moving, because it shows you partying it up with the Gym Leaders as you head home.

I could go on, but these are just a few reasons as to why I love Black 2 and White 2 and that they will NEVER be forgotten by me. Ever.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Hmm, a lot seems to love Black/White 2, haven't had the chance to play it yet since I was away for a long time during the time it came out and I'm a bit hesitant to buy it since, in my opinion, the original Black and White completely sucked. It's the only Pokemon game I haven't played yet, so probably need to check that out.

Out of all the games I've played though, I would say the original Pokemon Silver, with Diamond version close behind.

Years
Emerald really revived my interest in the series again, so until something can top that, I'll always consider it my favorite. Not only did it expand on the storyline of Ruby/Sapphire, but it also included the Battle Frontier, which is one of my favorite innovations to the game (and something I sorely missed in the 5th Gen).

HeartGold and FireRed are easily a tie for second on my list, though, since both of them did a really good job at staying true to the originals, but still feeling fresh at the same time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Silver... it will always be Silver no matter what. Soulsilver may be an improvement in terms of technology & nostalgia, but it's very close to beating Silver for favorite game of all time.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
My favorite game is actually Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team!

Of the main series, I guess my favorite is SoulSilver, but they're all extremely similar so they're basically all equally enjoyable.

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
Years
I would say a tie between Emerald and HGSS. I've played them both so many times and still can experience something new whenever I pick it up.

I haven't played BW2 yet though. So that might take up the top spot once I do.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
I'm tied between Crystal and Emerald big time.

I love Crystal because it was a complete change to have to go through 16 gyms and therefore to Elite Four's and there were a lot of great additions in Johto. The whole game in general was just brilliant and is the game which, in my opinion, has the most replay value.

The 2 main reasons why Emerald is close though is because of the Regis and Battle Frontier. Those 2 things made Emerald a whole lot more fun to play through. It was great to see a really unique way to unlock the Regis and I would be stuck playing in the Battle Frontier for longer than I probably should have been :p

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Emerald. Gen III was my first time playing pokemon games. I loved Ruby and Sapphire, but Emerald completely blew me away with the Battle Frontier, amazing storyline, being able to rebattle gym leaders, and plus I loved that you could obtain one of the Johto starters after completing your pokedex. I had so much fun with that game.

Back