• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wrestlemania 29

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Does anyone here watch wwe? If so what are your predictions and/or dream cards for the upcoming ppv, Wrestle Mania 29

Also before some idiot starts ranting and raving, yes i know its fake.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I think I remember seeing a thread like this in GE a while back but I'll be damned if I can find it now. So, moving this over there since that's probably what it's better suited to!

Honest

Hi!
Years
The people here are more mature than you'd think, so don't worry about the haters.

That being said, I'm a HUGE WWE fan, and I'll definitely be watching Wrestlemania 29. Hell, if I had the money and time, I'd even have gone to seen it, Metlife Stadium is barely an hour's drive by car.

As for my predictions, they're:

-Cena over Rock for the title; this was pretty much confirmed when Cena lost last year.
-Del Rio over Swagger for the title; Swagger's DUI and possession charge is definitely going to be a factor into the loss. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with the 18 second match again.
-Ziggler over Del Rio for the title; Come on. The "Show Off" is definitely cashing in his case in Mania
-Undertaker over Punk; hasn't been confirmed yet, but I'll be damned if this match doesn't happened. With Taker returning at a house show and Punk's promo on Monday, it's definitely going to, though. And of course, the streak lives on. I really do want Punk to win this one, though. He's lost way too many high profile matches lately.

As for matches that I'm less sure will happen:

-Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz for the USA title; If this happens, Cesaro will definitely retain. The dude is WAY to good.
-Shield vs ???; Probably Sheamus, Orton, and someone else. Shield will win, and Orton will hopefully turn heel.

That's my predictions. I'd love for them to have a Money in the Bank match, though, I loved it when it was Mania exclusive.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
The people here are more mature than you'd think, so don't worry about the haters.

That being said, I'm a HUGE WWE fan, and I'll definitely be watching Wrestlemania 29. Hell, if I had the money and time, I'd even have gone to seen it, Metlife Stadium is barely an hour's drive by car.

As for my predictions, they're:

-Cena over Rock for the title; this was pretty much confirmed when Cena lost last year.
-Del Rio over Swagger for the title; Swagger's DUI and possession charge is definitely going to be a factor into the loss. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with the 18 second match again.
-Ziggler over Del Rio for the title; Come on. The "Show Off" is definitely cashing in his case in Mania
-Undertaker over Punk; hasn't been confirmed yet, but I'll be damned if this match doesn't happened. With Taker returning at a house show and Punk's promo on Monday, it's definitely going to, though. And of course, the streak lives on. I really do want Punk to win this one, though. He's lost way too many high profile matches lately.

As for matches that I'm less sure will happen:

-Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz for the USA title; If this happens, Cesaro will definitely retain. The dude is WAY to good.
-Shield vs ???; Probably Sheamus, Orton, and someone else. Shield will win, and Orton will hopefully turn heel.

That's my predictions. I'd love for them to have a Money in the Bank match, though, I loved it when it was Mania exclusive.

I really want Shelton Benjamin to return and cut a great promo and bring miab back to wrestlemania, But we bascially have the same predictions.

I'm just hoping The shield wins at mania....

Honest

Hi!
Years
I don't he'll be coming back, but I don't think he'll bring MiTB back to Mania. The PPV of the same name is fine.

Same, they're been an unstoppable force. Ambrose and Rollins are amazing, and Reigns has really improved. They've got a bright career in the business to look forward to.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Cena Vs. Rock -> I would say... Cena will win this one? The Rock is really the most electrifying man in sports entertainment but Cena is way more popular with today's fanbase.

Undertaker -> Not sure if he'll be doing a match this year, but I'm pretty sure he's going to. Because what's the point of his return a few weeks before Wrestlemania? ;)

Del Rio Vs. Swagger -> I hope Swagger wins, never really was a fan of Del Rio. Swagger has great potential too.

That's what I got for now.

Years
I'm not really that big of a wrestling fan but I do sometimes catch it. This is what I have to say on the matter. Correct me if something I say doesn't add up.

-Cena over Rock
-Ziggler over Cena after would be one hell of a twist but won't happen. Shame really.

-Del Rio over Swagger
-Nobody likes either. But I doubt they'll give the anti-immigration guy the win.

-Undertaker over anyone and everyone
-The streak will never die, lets keep it that way.

Sheamus, Orton, Rhybak (?) over Shield
-Or is Rhyback doing something else these days?

and also, is Tripple H v Lesnar happening? If so
-Tripple H over Lesnar

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The thing about Undertaker's streak is that we never know when if WWE is planning on keeping the streak or breaking it. So every match he does that involves his streak always keeps me on the edge of my seat until the bell as rung and a winner as been declared.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
The thing about Undertaker's streak is that we never know when if WWE is planning on keeping the streak or breaking it. So every match he does that involves his streak always keeps me on the edge of my seat until the bell as rung and a winner as been declared.

I have always loved to atticepation before the taker matches, he puts on a spectacle every single year. One of the actual main reasons i watch wrestlemania is to just see him put his heart into everything.

Years
I'm usually excited every year on the Road to Wrestlemania, but for some reason this year isn't doing it for me. Most of the matches that have been announced/all but confirmed have pretty predictable outcomes (Cena beating The Rock, Del Rio beating Swagger then Ziggler cashing in, CM Punk losing to Undertaker...). The only likely match to this point that I'm not so sure about is HHH vs. Lesnar, since either guy winning it would make sense.

What I think I'm more interested in is the undercard, with guys like Cesaro, Jericho, Ryback, Bryan/Kane and The Shield yet to be booked into any matches. Granted, all these guys could be thrown into predictable matches too (Shield vs. Ryback/Bryan/Kane, Jericho vs. Ziggler, Cesaro vs. Miz), but I expect all these guys to bring their A game to Mania, so they should be fun to watch either way.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh no. Did you guys hear, Paul Bearer passed away. :c

I didn't watch WWE back when Bearer and Undertaker had their run, but from the pieces that I've seen, the man was truly a legend. A behemoth of a manager and he was really good at his job. He did yesterday apparently.

That being said, I feel like Paul should be inducted to the Hall of Fame this year. The man totally deserves it.

Rest in Peace, Paul Bearer. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssss

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Oh no. Did you guys hear, Paul Bearer passed away. :c

I didn't watch WWE back when Bearer and Undertaker had their run, but from the pieces that I've seen, the man was truly a legend. A behemoth of a manager and he was really good at his job. He did yesterday apparently.

That being said, I feel like Paul should be inducted to the Hall of Fame this year. The man totally deserves it.

Rest in Peace, Paul Bearer. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssss

Without a doubt he should be inducted, true legend.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yes, Paul Bearer should be inducted as a hall of famer. His time in WWF was very memorable, we'll always remember him as the one with the urn to control The Undertaker.

Hey.. why not make a WWE fan club?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
ORTON HEEL. ORTON HEEL. LEGEND KILLER BACK, MY FAVORITE WRESTLER. Aww, ik das not happening. (legend killer returning)

Shield over orton, ryback and sheamus. ORTON HEEL >>>>>>>>>> EVERY ROSTER THIS YEAR (Undertaker does not count.)

Taker over someone. I don want taker to lose his streak.

Cena over Rock. (dream card) Damn I hope this is not happening. As much as I hate Cena, well, you know, he's super Cena so probably will win. Btw, if this happens I'm going to stop watching WWE. Cena already won too many titles and I hate PG;;;;;; if the VG or Attitude (impossible :c) era returns, I will return watching WWE.

Del Rio over Swagger. Well, I hate Swagger lol.

Paul Bearer to hall of fame. Oh yessssssssssssssssssssss

Btw, did you guys heard that Punk will leave soon? Just a rumor.

@Liljz: Great idea gonna make one.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So does anyone know who is The Undertaker is gonna be facing this year? If they already announced it, I don't know about it since I don't really have any way of watching the show anymore =S

Honest

Hi!
Years
Undertaker's going to face Punk at Mania, it's been confirmed for about a week now. I think WWE is going to leave the streak intact, but I read an article on how breaking the streak to Punk wouldn't be a bad thing for Taker, and I have to admit, it makes a lot of sense. If anyone deserves to break the streak, it's Punk. And let's face it. This is most likely Undertaker's last match.

Also, about the WWE club, I actually had made one, but it died out around a month ago due to inactivity. I'd go ahead and recreate it, but my hands are full with another club, so feel free to try. Just make sure you're a good host etc etc.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I really hope Undertaker keeps his streak and it will live on until his retirement. The Undertaker has probably been the greatest asset that WWE ever had. Also Punk winning over Undertaker? I still can't get it through my head that that would ever happen >.<

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
When The Undertaker streak ends, that is when he will retire. HBK lost twice to The Undertaker to then retire. Triple H is already rumoring retirement, but his contract is apparently longer till 2014. That doesn't mean however that he will wrestle all the time and instead may take a "back stage" role.
Personally I am not a fan of most of the wrestlers today, right now I feel that most of the good wrestlers have retired. The only wrestlers that I like to watch on the WWE roster is The Rock, Chris Jericho and Kane.
Bret Hart said that Cena could never become a heel and that's why fans are tired of Cena always being a "good guy" or "baby-face" as it's known in the industry.
I have a bad feeling that Cena will beat The Rock to try and push the WWE brand with Cena more since he is "slipping" but I doubt fans will enjoy Cena being the champ.
If anything I'd like to see Chris Jericho win the Heavyweight Championship if it's possible !

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I...changed my mind. I don't think I will create the club cos I don't know how to do those CSS codes like some clubs. I'll leave it to you, Liljz, it's your idea after all :p Oh and there is a possibility that I will stop watching if Cena wins

And Dipu is right, I hate Punk but, he's going to leave soon (I don't know if that's true.) Well I don't want Punk to win. I'm with Taker but Ounk deserves it...I guess. No, what about a tie? What if they both break the ring and...well, tie?

Years
Eh, I think if there was a tie, there'd be a lot of unhappy fans. Not just those that ordered the PPV, but imagine spending a thousand dollars on a ticket, just to see a no contest. Plus, Punk/Taker won't even be the main event, so collapsing the ring won't be an option.

As for Punk leaving, it won't be right away (probably late 2014), but there isn't any benefit to him by ending the streak, since he'll still be playing second fiddle to John Cena, no matter what anyone says. Granted, it would go down as one of, if not, the biggest win in WWE history, but if Randy Orton couldn't break the streak heading into the prime of his career, no one should.

As for a new club, it might work, but there were really only 3-4 of us really active in it, so I don't know how well it would go if we tried again. It might almost be better if this thread were turned into a general pro wrestling thread, so it can stay active even after Wrestlemania passes.

Back