• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo Eelektrik

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
This is what my current Eelektrik deck is turning into. I would like some suggestions to add variety to an Eelektrik deck. I like to experiment with neat ideas.

Pokemon: 12
3 Mewtwo EX
1 Raikou EX
1 Zekrom (sadly lacks the luster it used to have =( )
3 Eelektrik
2 Tynamo (with Spark)
2 Tynamo (with Thunder Wave)

Trainers: 35
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
3 Skyla
1 Skyarrow Bridge
1 Computer Search
3 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Eviolite
2 Max Potion
1 Tool Scrapper
3 Switch
1 Super Rod

Energy: 13
4 Double Colorless Energy
9 Lightning Energy

Years
Looks pretty solid at an initial glance. But yeah I agree that Zekrom is pretty mediocre at the moment. At least Zekrom EX can one shot stuff like Hydreigon, so perhaps switch to the EX version? I would tend to drop one of the tynamo though. You have a super rod to recycle them as needed and I think you have enough ball power to search them out quick enough.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I still play Zekrom because it's a non-EX attacker, which I feel I need. It's also very helpful in many cases in that I can hit for 120 damage reliably with less risk and/or investment than if I used Mewtwo EX. I'm trying to decide what might be a better card to use over it, but Zekrom seems solid enough to use in the deck. I had to remove two Zekrom from the list I had before, and then Mewtwo became easy to come by, thankfully. I also play four Tynamo because I don't want to worry about losing most of my Tynamo early in the game if any are prized.

Years
If you're happy with Zekrom then fine. Maybe consider using Rayquaza as a tech over Zekrom? One energy to OHKO Dragon type Deino and Tynamo is pretty good for a tech.

Back