• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen AREAS EVERYWHERE.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
In D/P/Pt, after you have successfully beaten the champion, a whole new aftergame awaits you. Upon arriving downstairs in your house, your mum will inform you of getting on a boat at Snowpoint which will take you to a place, Barry wants to see you at! After arriving, you'll see a man standing in front of a rusty red boat. If you tried to talk to him before, he would rant on about champions and wouldn't let you climb aboard.

However once he recognises your the champion, he'll whisk you away to an island which contains three areas. The Fight Area, which also contains the Battle Frontier, the Survival area with a dingy house with a Keep Out Sign and the Resort Area, where you can chill out and even get a villa. So my question for you is, did you enjoy these after-game features? Anything you think could of been done better or changed? What did you think of the overall concept of the areas?

Diiscuuuuss :3

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
It was a really good post game spot to spend time in.The villa was a really nice touch and would like to see something similar in the newer gens.The survival area was also great where you get to re-battle the gym leaders and your rival in Platinum.What i would've loved more is if the place was a bit bigger and had more side quests and such.Overall it was a pretty nice concept for the post game and it also had somewhat of a side story which was great.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Meh Resort Area was great, as well as the Survival Area cuz you know.. Gym leader rematches.
Anyway the Fight Area really needs to improve. All it has is the entrance of the battle frontier.
And in DP it only has the entrance of the battle tower. It really needs some improving.
Although it had a little improvement in HGSS, because the Frontier Access had a similar design to the Fight Area.
And it had move tutors.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
It was a really good post game spot to spend time in.The villa was a really nice touch and would like to see something similar in the newer gens.The survival area was also great where you get to re-battle the gym leaders and your rival in Platinum.What i would've loved more is if the place was a bit bigger and had more side quests and such.Overall it was a pretty nice concept for the post game and it also had somewhat of a side story which was great.

I totally agree with you. I love it spending money on my Villa, wasting my time on broken chains of the PokeRadar, everything. The thing that i most loved: Transfering Pokemon from Emerald (like my Shiny Rayquaza and all the Starters). Wasted most of my time on that...

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
I thought it was alright. Not as good as the actual story, and the first route from the fight area, the one with all the grass is FREAKING TEDIOUS. The music quality there wasn't too good.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Didn't really mind it, as I didn't spend much time there, as I was too busy trying to catch those darned roaming legendaries (including the 3 legendary birds). Although the Survival area (or whatever the name of the place is to rematch the gyms), it just wasn't enough. The Fight Area was useless, although the Battle Frontier was fun.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, it was a good after game, i enjoyed it. The survival Area was the best imo, inust loved it. The Fighting area was ok, but not as good as the survival. So yeah, Survival is probably my favorite. I enjoyed re-matching the gym leaders and Barry.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I like of all these areas, but I could say that like most of the people the Fight Area is the most interesting because of the Battle Frontier. Plus, it is the only of the three areas that doesn't require the National Dex to be visited. So, it is not tedious to visit it upon you have arrived in there.

Surival Area is a quick stop to obtain some items and in Platinum there is a move-tutor that teaches amazing moves by charging shards. Because of this move-tutor you would come back to Survival Area sometimes, so the area will not get forgotten as it was in Diamond and Pearl.

Resort Area is not visited very much at least by me because there isn't any interesting feature in there. You can have a house (like a secret base) and buy some furnitures to put inside it, but to be honest I prefer to spend my money on coins to get some TM's than buying things.

Years
I loved the Battle Zone, as it gave us something more to do once we beat the Elite Four and Cynthia. Granted, it wasn't quite the size of something like the Sevii Islands, but it did bring about the return of the Battle Frontier in Platinum, which was a huge bonus for me. I also really liked the Villa, even though I wish it would've been a little more customizable- something along the lines of the Secret Bases in R/S/E and the Underground.

One thing I never actually did was go into the Battleground building in the Survival Area. I must've past the place half a dozen times, but I never remembered to go in and have my rematches against some of the Gym leaders.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Areas on Post-Game of DPPt is one nice touch and perfect in concept. I like Battle Frontier in Fight Area, rematches with Gym Leaders on Survival Area and also having my own Villa on Resort Area.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
I remember my reaction when Flint was blocking the entrance. I was all like "excuse me! I seem to recall defeating you in battle, like, two hours ago!"

/too much involvement

Anyway... I liked the postgame, especially the rematches. I thought the way we obtained the villa was a little... random? This part could have been done better. Suppose we get to stay in a villa because we're the champion. (Think White House but with fewer people in it.) Or we could have a secret base like in Hoenn.

Last edited:
Back