• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
^Honestly galeforce isn't as useful on Lunatic as it is on hard or normal. Courter, Paxis, and Aegis are what I would try to pass down.

Also for those who use Donny make sure to max his luck and get armsthrift on him. Have someone pair up with him and boom infinite weapon uses.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Pairings? Well, I didn't know about child units on my first runthrough, so I paired everyone up randomly. And then I learned about child units and set about recruiting them all..
Pairings:
Gregor/Tharja
Vaike/Lissa
Chrom/Sumia
Panne/Virion
Cherche/Gaius
Donnel/Cordelia

I am also currently very mad because I found the Severa mission, was able to talk to her with Chrom and defeat the boss with Gerome the next turn. Then, I saved because the stage was clear...and Severa wasn't in my group. I guess this means I wasted Donnel as a husband...and my plans for Avatar to marry Severa...i'm so sad right now. Why didn't she join me?!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I am also currently very mad because I found the Severa mission, was able to talk to her with Chrom and defeat the boss with Gerome the next turn. Then, I saved because the stage was clear...and Severa wasn't in my group. I guess this means I wasted Donnel as a husband...and my plans for Avatar to marry Severa...i'm so sad right now. Why didn't she join me?!
She only joins your group if she speaks with Holland.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Yeah, she'll automatically head over to Holland (another NPC) and speak with him. You don't even need to speak with her with anyone. Just make sure she doesn't die (which is a pain in the ass on Lunatic)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I made that mistake as well and had to restart from the beginning to get all of the characters. Not so great.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Yeah. I found this chapter hard on hard more. the high number of archers shooting through the walls to hit you is bizarre. But, then you learn why the pink lines are so important.

Also, just cast rescue on NPC that need to stay alive. Normally she is like five steeps ahead you you, but with rescue you can keep her 5 steeps behind.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
In that situation, Rescue is only viable if you don't make the mistake of not following her the first turn, because then she'll be long ahead of you come turn two and beyond. Honestly it's not that difficult to keep her alive, but since she doesn't attack on her own accord it's somewhat more of a challenge than it should be.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Man, I wasn't even aware there was a Lunatic+ difficulty. Just got done on Lunatic/Classic and I think I'll be skipping that final difficulty challenge. :/ Last boss was pretty tough; thankfully I was able to defeat him in two turns thanks to Galeforce and Olivia dancing. :laugh:

Also:
Spoiler:

Oh, and Eirika and the Bride Class are available today.

darkpokeball

Years
I made that mistake as well and had to restart from the beginning to get all of the characters. Not so great.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.
About to start my second save file, not sure what difficulty it should be. Seriously considering either Normal/Classic or Hard/Casual. Lunatic/Casual may be an option, but from what I've heard, Lunatic is incredibly difficult.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Hard-Classic is enough for me. The jump to Lunatic is just to much to be fun. There are some luck based elements that can kill you. Myrmidons in the Prologue can double attack you, which is instant death. So, You have no choice but to choose Speed Asset to avoid getting double attacked by all enemies all the time.

Lunatic is exactly what it says on the tin, stay out unless you want to punish yourself. (Lunatic+ is a joke. Vantage+, Hawkeye, and other such abilities are crazy)

darkpokeball

Years
Hard-Classic is enough for me. The jump to Lunatic is just to much to be fun. There are some luck based elements that can kill you. Myrmidons in the Prologue can double attack you, which is instant death. So, You have no choice but to choose Speed Asset to avoid getting double attacked by all enemies all the time.

Lunatic is exactly what it says on the tin, stay out unless you want to punish yourself. (Lunatic+ is a joke. Vantage+, Hawkeye, and other such abilities are crazy)
Haha, yeah I love FE, but Lunatic would be too much of a challenge.
Yeah, probably going to go Hard>Casual.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Lunatic/Classic is only really tough for the first five chapters. It's almost impossible to get past those without losing anyone. Lost about 4 characters during those chapters, and I figured that's the best I was gonna do so I continued on. After that though, you can abuse the DLC maps to train up everyone and not have everyone die on the first turn.

Sir Codin

Haven't lost any units yet, but that's only because I keep restarting whenever I lose one. After child-rearing kicks in, I'll just let anyone I don't give a hoot about die...like Virion. I hate that bastard.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Virion is one of my favorites! I like archers. In my first game he was married to Sully. I LOVE Sully. She is my favorite and Virion was adjacent. I like the way he transitions the game into it's Second Act.

I'm at Chapter 12 of Hard-Classic, second run. I'm Planning to marry Avatar to Lucina. Kellam/Nowi is a lot of fun as a tank. Vike still has 1 Resistance. Every time he gets +1RES I lose someone and must reset. Eventually I'll make him a Dread Fighter, or replace him with Gerome.

darkpokeball

Years
In my first runthrough, Vaike/Owain and Gerome/Cherche made two unstoppable combinations. Before I start my second file...I must know something!

-If I use different combos in marriage this time around, and change the appearance of the child units, which model shows up in my Unit Gallery? For example, my Owain is blonde. If, on my second playthrough, he becomes brown-haired, will my Unit Gallery feature a blonde or brown-haired Owain?

Sir Codin

Here are my pairs so far:

Chrom/Sumia
Vaike/Sully
Frederick/Cordelia

Planned pairings:

Lon'Qu/Maribelle
Virion/Cherche
Nowi/Ricken
Gaius/Panne
Stahl/Mirel
Libra/Olivia

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
In my first runthrough, Vaike/Owain and Gerome/Cherche made two unstoppable combinations. Before I start my second file...I must know something!

-If I use different combos in marriage this time around, and change the appearance of the child units, which model shows up in my Unit Gallery? For example, my Owain is blonde. If, on my second playthrough, he becomes brown-haired, will my Unit Gallery feature a blonde or brown-haired Owain?

That's an interesting question which I'm wondering as well though not pertaining to Owain because I got the brown haired Owain in both my save files. I'll have to check that out later though only Yarne and Kjelle actually differed in hair color between my saves.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I just did chapter 12 hard classic. I found it very hard. I used defense tonics on everybody - Even Kellam/Nowi! Panne with beast slayer was a lot of fun against all the mounted people.

Panne was reclassed into Wyvern Rider. Her first axe is a forged LADLE! Ladles are so cheep to forge I maxed it out. 7MT, 9 Crit. Actually a good first weapon.

Kellam gained 6-7 level in chapter 12 and maxed out his levels. Promoted to Great Knight. Kellam OWNED half the map.

darkpokeball

Years
That's an interesting question which I'm wondering as well though not pertaining to Owain because I got the brown haired Owain in both my save files. I'll have to check that out later though only Yarne and Kjelle actually differed in hair color between my saves.
Well, be sure to tell me the results!

Also, just started new file on Sacred Stones...after playing Awakening so long, the jump from 3ds to GBA was pretty jarring. The first two chapters were hard to get through due to me expecting more out of the game and trying to get used to the new interface(I miss not being able to pair up like I was able to in Awakening)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I cannot make myself reclass Panne. Right now her Lck and Str are already so amazing, and that paired with a Beaststone+ she just... She never loses a fight and often takes down three or four enemies during the Enemy Phase alone. She's my secret weapon and probably the biggest asset on the team and being reclassed is just awkward for me, aha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back