• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did the banning of team rocket vs team plasma ruin BW?

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Most fans seem to dislike Best Wishes and BW23/24 being delayed/removed out of continuity would have been one of the main points.

I find it rather stupid but they had a reason to. I was really hyped for those 2 episodes which never aired.

What do you guys think about team rocket vs team plasma being removed out of contiunity?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I dunno if it ruined BW- it didn't really go very downhill from where it was. But I think we did miss out on some high-action drama and a potentially huge Plasma arc. So with those stories to base Plasma stuff out from, perhaps BW could have at least felt a bit more held-together than it did.

Years
Too bad they never aired again and the anime forgot them completely as you can see in the N's arc where the Plasma Grunts act they met Team rocket here...

I mostly agree with this dude here. I was looking forward to the episodes as well and then the unthinkable happened when that earthquake and tsunami struck, so many people died in this disaster so I guess they did make a respectable decision to take the episodes off the air but as shown by Episode N, it appears these two episodes were cancelled entirely.

I do remember this one Advanced Generation episode from 2004 featuring Barboach and Whiscash was also taken out of the schedule due to an earthquake as well, and the episode never made it to the air. It was also the reason why the move Earthquake never made anime appearances since.

So I do guess these episodes did sort-of make Unova go downhill, given I stopped watching that saga after the Brycen Gym Battle.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I don't know what the purposed of this thread is, but Team Plasma episodes being banned didn't ruin the BW series and Unova didn't go downhill because of those two episodes being banned, the saga still had great episodes and the Unova League was the best.

Years
But seeing the episode of Unova's Survival Crises and it's predecessor, the anime had taken many similar designs and animations from the two banned episode. Bulbapedia listed them all...

Years
I'm with those who have the stance that it didn't ruin B/W. But I was kinda upset to see how the episodes had been banned because it would have revealed Team Plasma very early in the anime, and it certainly twisted how Ash & the gang would have encountered them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
It didn't necessarily ruin it, it was still pretty good, but I wonder just how much of the season would've been different if those episodes had aired as originally planned, and I REALLY hope they do air at some point. I started a petition for TVTokyo to air both episodes so that the US and other countries can air them as well, so if you could sign that would be great:http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/air-pokemon-2-part-team-rocket-vs-plasma-episodes.html

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I agree with all, regardless of the Eps not being aired the anime was a hit atleast for me.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
To me..them not airing it failed to show us the ORIGINAL Team Plasma before they introduced Team Plasma 2 in the anime. If those episodes woud've aired we might've actually have seen N when he was with Ghetsis & all just like in the original B/W games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I don't think the two-parter not airing caused every problem BW had, but it definitely didn't help. Though I liked BW anyway.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Of course not! No, it didn't ruin B/W at all, actually, the banning made it better because Team Plasma was introduced later, anyway, and honestly the Team Plasma arc had N in it--and if the original two parter wasn't banned, I doubt N would appear the way he did. So, it actually did some good.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I don't know what plan Pokemon Anime stuff had with Banned Team Rocket Vs Team Plasma episode but that doesn't excuse all the other idiotic plot in Worst wishs season 2 !
There were plenty of good plot around So writer didn't had to resort to such a pathetic League .
Hack , Even after Unova League & N saga, Writer/Director could have another ''League-like'' Tournament call ''World Tournament Dritveli Cup'' Where Ash defect Kotetsu & Trip in a full battle and then face a trainer from Kalo region .
At least , That would have been better then WORTHLESS DA Adventure and it might had redeem ''Worst Wishs'' But I guess Writer/Director were simply too lazy .

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I don't know what plan Pokemon Anime stuff had with Banned Team Rocket Vs Team Plasma episode but that doesn't excuse all the other idiotic plot in Worst wishs season 2 !
There were plenty of good plot around So writer didn't had to resort to such a pathetic League .
Hack , Even after Unova League & N saga, Writer/Director could have another ''League-like'' Tournament call ''World Tournament Dritveli Cup'' Where Ash defect Kotetsu & Trip in a full battle and then face a trainer from Kalo region .
At least , That would have been better then WORTHLESS DA Adventure and it might had redeem ''Worst Wishs'' But I guess Writer/Director were simply too lazy .

I disargee with you.

The Decolora saga is not worthless since it is something new and different.

Best Wishes season 1/2 had some well done plots and interesting characters and episodes, atleast N and Team Plasma finally appeard for the first time.

Years
I think that it didn't necessarily ruin Pokemon B/W, it just could have made the ratings better, because that Special would of been so awesome!

Back