• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey kids, I'm also running into a dry spell, so my activity is pretty reduced for the time being. I'll be back in business soon though!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Haha, it seems like everyone is taking a break for now :P

It seems like there's still have enough frequenters, including me, who will hold up the fort until more people come back :D

@Golurk
Thanks for the comment :D
I feel like it needs an evo though, and have a few thoughts sketched out.

@Nebulat
Trust me, if no one's going to claim it in a few days, I doubt anyone will ever take them. So go wild!
I would like to see what you've got an idea for for the Pikachu :P

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
Burroach
Type- Bug/Ground
Ability- Limber or "Instinct" (Moves first if opponent uses priority move)
Classification- The cockroach Pokemon
Gender Ratio: 50% 50%
Flavor Text- Burroach digs for long periods of time, occasionally coming to the surface to eat the scraps that city-dwellers throw away
Base Stats
HP:78
Attack:125
Defense:67
Special Attack:40
Special Defense:100
Speed:110

artwork on the way :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Woah woah woah

We already have a cockroach like guy :P
I think BeefTaco made it

Hey Alexial, maybe it would be best to put down some note in the Op to at least say something about looking at the dex first :P

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
Woah woah woah

We already have a cockroach like guy :P
I think BeefTaco made it

Hey Alexial, maybe it would be best to put down some note in the Op to at least say something about looking at the dex first :P

All I saw in the dex was the beetle one o-o nvm I found it xD didn't realize it was a roach at first glance xD

Years
great news then sunfished, because i would love to do all of them (except the bird) :D i completely agree that the dex needs them, so i don't mind taking on a few more projects. again, super sorry that i have not uploaded lately, but trust me-i will have a massive upload as soon as my camera is fixed.
since it might take awhile to get my camera fixed, i'm slowly learning to draw on MS paint. if anyone has a better (free) art program, please let me know

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
All I saw in the dex was the beetle one o-o nvm I found it xD didn't realize it was a roach at first glance xD

Ah, dude I have to say though that your idea sounds very thought out, at least a bit. So, if you want your little "bugger", why not make it like a counterpart to the one already made? I hate to see good ideas gone to waste lol :P

@Nebulat
If your going to consider making the Normal-Type Gimmick, let's do what Hoenn suggested and make it have the ability of changing it's type every 3 turns, and it's signature move always reflecting it's current type. Maybe it's ability could be called "Type Reel", like in those Wheel of Fortune shows :P

And a free art program?
I'm currently using a PhotoShop version that my cousin "gave" me. While I'm pretty sure it can be sent to other people, I would first check if either Paint.NET or GIMP is free, because I'm pretty sure those are.

Ragnia

Hello
Years
And a free art program?
I'm currently using a PhotoShop version that my cousin "gave" me. While I'm pretty sure it can be sent to other people, I would first check if either Paint.NET or GIMP is free, because I'm pretty sure those are.

Yeah both Paint.NET and GIMP are free. I've dabbled a bit with both but I prefer GIMP. It's closer to photoshop in my opinion.

Also, sorry I haven't contributed anything in about two weeks (not that I was making important contributions), I just haven't 1) had the time and 2) been inspired. I'll see if I can put something out sometime this week.

Last thing, since Sunfished so kindly put out a list of what the main "staples" of a generation were left, I thought of something that isn't so much of a "staple" but an "accessory". A two-stage water type line! The first stage being a wimpy, sorry looking fish that can do very little and the second stage being something that looks, for lack of a better word, cool and is actually a viable option for battle. In first generation there was Magikarp and Gyrados and in third generation there was Feebas (spent hours looking for his stupid tile) and Milotic. I guess we'll see if I come up with anything for that too, but don't let that stop anyone for coming up with a design of their own.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow.. Nebulat. Those are... incredible. :o And they're perfect with the addition of our ice type evolution stone. In all seriousness though, that is an amazing contribution to this dex. I'm very, very impressed by your work so far.

X & Y spoiler. Don't read if you don't want to know~
Spoiler:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Nebulat...
How did you...?
wow, I have to say that right off the bat you already made something amazing lol

And shouldn't the Pikachu have the trademark cheecks as well?
You don't have to, but that was usually a thing with Pikachus :D

But have you guys noticed how similiar our cotton candy guy is to the gamefreak one?
They have that quirky smile as well!
Maybe the guy that made ours is trying to tell us something :O

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys Im just checking in to see how you guys are doing while I'm out, seems like things are flowing smoothly. I'm going on a trip on Monday and ill be gone for 9 days, but after that ill return and start drawing. Things I've noticed is Nebulat's drawings, they are very good so keep it up man is nice to get more amazing artists. Also Alexial I love the Froslass variants, very creative. Well guys keep up the good work and see you later. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Woosh! Okay everyone, I'm back in business. :) The first post has now been updated! :D Save a few stragglers that I need to resize / rotate, everything should be up. Please make sure you're designs got on the main page as you wanted them to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
squiddle_and_hunquid_by_dragomaster-d4nofwx.png

• See top image smaller one upper right.
  • Squiddle
  • Water
  • Swift Swim
  • Cuttle Pokemon
  • Gender Ratio:
    male.gif
    50%
    female.gif
    50%
  • This Pokemon likes to ride on ocean currents. When threatened they settle on the floor of the ocean and blend in with its surroundings.

• Base Stats
    • HP:25
    • Attack:20
    • Defense:45
    • Special Attack:25
    • Special Defense:20
    • Speed:60

• See above, the larger one in the bottom left
  • Hunquid
  • Water/Ground
  • Hyper Cutter
  • Hunting Pokemon
  • Gender Ratio:
    male.gif
    50%
    female.gif
    50%
  • Hiding on the ocean floor. This Pokemon waits for prey to swim by.
  • Base Stats
    • HP:90
    • Attack:115
    • Defense:85
    • Special Attack:70
    • Special Defense:100
    • Speed:95

These are from my dA account. I made them for a contest in which I lost. Didn't want them just rotting on my account as I don't intend to use them for any personal projects so I guess I'll put them to use here.

Wish my art was better...

Squiddle evolves at lv 20 into Hunquid.

Years
I'm no artist but I had an idea and a go heh (If anyone wants to try and, well.. Redraw it better please do so, I kinda rushed it). It could be called Drillion (Scorpion - Drill, classic amirite?). It could pass as a ground/bug type Pokemon, or ground/steel. It has a rotating drill for its stinger and two smaller ones for its claws. It's smallish, maybe the size of a pikachu (including tail). And can be found in the desert, or certain deep warm caves.
Image:

Years
So I decided to just start spriting without much thought.. and ended up with this:

SPbLD1Y.png

He's a mon made of rubber who can take any shape and can camouflage like a chameleon (so not become invisible) but his spots never change color. I was thinking either normal or fairy?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Awesome work guys. :] I know things here have been a little on the slow side due to everyone's lives being busy and people needing a break.. but your efforts are appreciated and I think the first post serves as a great center of pride for all of A&D. You guys really deserve more than I could give you. n_n;

Xander, you've been added to the list of contributors and your (lovely) squids have been included in the dex. Please, please keep contributing!

Sunny, I'll be editing the thread title and adding a "READ FIRST POST" bit.

Welcome to the team Green Stash! I think your design has a lot of potential, but it needs a bit of polish. Try looking up some tutorials on spriting or ask one of our spriters to give you a hand. :) It's a solid idea and definitely deserves a place in our dex though!

OOooo Golurk.. it's like.. a Ditto and Kecleon love-child. :o I like it! It's nice and playful. I think maybe doing a dual Fairy/Normal typing would work well, although it seems to fit seamlessly into either type category.

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
Um. Alexial. You said you updated the first post but I didn't see my name in it. So I was wondering when you would put my name there...

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Great work guys!

Oh, and I took the time to look over all the fakes we have, and here is what I got down:

Major:

• We're in need of Ground, Bug, and Poison,(Ground literally has one Fake!)
  • Ghost is overflowing! We should stop adding in there!
  • Alot of the fakes are objects! We need slightly more animals!
  • Uncatalogued Fakes should be utilized! If it's just the info, I can help make up random stuff for them!
  • 3-stage evos are extremely scarce! Like, there's probably only the starters and 4-5 families!
Minor:

• Some of the uncatalogued Fakes look unfinished. Maybe we're allowed to go over them and spruce it up a bit?
  • If we're running out of ideas, maybe we can start designing the region a bit? Maybe when we have a good view of what the region has in topography and biomes we can have a good idea of what types of animals can inhabit it.
We should tackle alot of the major problems :P

ShinyNuzLover

What're you lookin' at?
Years
Ok well as for the map idea, I think the region should be based on Brazil. The reason being it could be a sort of big region and not too small like the other regions.

Back