• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Podcasts

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm putting this here instead of GE as, although it could probably be perfectly fine there, I'd like to stretch my wings out a bit.

Do you listen to any podcasts? How did you get into podcasting? Any particular favourites you'd like to share? Do you even make one yourself? Questions, questions, questions! :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I follow two: RoosterTeeth's video podcast that gets put out every Tuesday and my friends' gaming podcast- Eight Bit- that goes out every... Sunday night? Monday morning? idk somewhere in there. I like both of them because I like the people involved and the stories they tell more than anything. I totally wouldn't listen to my friends' if it wasn't theirs because I have very little interest in gaming/technology news. But I do listen because I like to hear them banter because I can't much since they're at college. And they mention me sometimes. <3 They've tried to get me on but I'm scared so yeah no.

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
Naw. I'd rather watch a whole series all at once (relatively-speaking) than regularly come back to the same thing 'for the latest events to unfold' or whatever. I just don't understand the excitement for that sort of thing, and since the episodes tend to be long (from what I've seen), it's not something I can watch like I would a television series.

Years
I only listen to two different podcasts- one done by a couple of sportscasters here called the Jay and Dan podcast, and one that's done by a few of the guys I'm in a fantasy hockey pool with. The latter only averages 50-100 listeners each time, but I have been asked to go on it in the future, which I though was kind of neat (even if I don't think I'd be much of a guest).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Probably should answer my own question. Below is a list of all of the podcasts I'm currently subscribed to:

• The Film Experience (mostly about Oscars, but general film commentary thrown in for good measure; relatively infrequent)
  • The Firewall and Iceberg Podcast (weekly podcast about TV)
  • Freakonomics Radio (weekly podcast purportedly about economics, but more about society in general)
  • Gameological in Stereo (infrequent podcast about the video games industry)
  • Oscar Talk (weekly podcast - in Oscar season (August - February) - about the Oscars!)
  • Pop Culture Happy Hour (weekly podcast about pop culture)
  • Savage Lovecast (weekly podcast about relationship advice)
  • TV on the Internet (very infrequently updated podcast about TV; very long episodes as well, which makes up for the horrifically long absences; probably my favourite)
  • Ultra Culture Podcast (also very infrequently updated podcast about film stuff)
As you can see, mostly film/TV related, with a few sprinkles of other stuff thrown in for good measure. Just like me! :D

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've always loved podcasts the few times I have listened to them, but I've never found "that one" to listen to with any kind of dedication... :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
The only podcast I listen to regularly is CanaryCryRadio. Though I've always wanted to create a podcast some day about Pokemon with somebody.

Back