• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problems Logging In

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
TCG online keeps asking me to make a screen name, so i went on the website and made one but when i tried to get on the game to play it keeps asking me to create a screen name. i uninstalled it and everything. that didn't work. it's still asking me to make a screen name. what am i suppose to do?? i wanna play :(

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
i first created a account on pokemon.com so i could do the rated battles on my pokemon Y game. then i saw that i could start playing tcg online so i downloaded the game and logged in with my account info. it logs me in but then asked me to create a screen name. then it redirects me to pokemon.com to make up a screen name. so i went through the steps and made a screen name. i got back on the game tried to log in again and it has just continually asked me to make a screen name. i'm so damn confused.

i would post a screen shot but the forum won't let me since i'm a new member and i don't have enough points?

it seems the only way i can play is by going under the guest option but i don't wanna play like that anymore :(

Years
Try uploading the screenshot as an attachment to your post.

I'm really curious on this now. I know you have to setup a screen name, but I think you only have to do it once (and I think you do it in the game client itself).

Years
Are you clicking "Submit" at the bottom of the page to save the screen name setting on your profile? Go back to the spot on your profile and see if it actually saved your screen name. If not, enter one and make sure to click Submit at the bottom of the page and then try logging into the game client again.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
yea it must be the server because i recovered a old account i made a year ago and it totally worked. i'm in now.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Hey man. This exact thing is happening to me! I even tried making another account and it still does it. If you find a fix let me know.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
no i figured out what the problem was. i guess i never activated my account. you know the whole email thing and that's what was the problem. i kinda feel dumb for not noticing it before but i had thought i did that. plus the site never made me aware that my account was still inactivated.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
i have another problem though. i just got this theme pack about a week ago and i tried to redeem the code from it but it says "this code will be active after March 26" but it's still not letting me redeem it :(

Years
I can alway's log in normaly, maby ure Internet setting's are off?

Well, presuming the PC they use to play the TCGO is the PC they used to post here, then I wouldn't think it was the "Internet Settings".

i have another problem though. i just got this theme pack about a week ago and i tried to redeem the code from it but it says "this code will be active after March 26" but it's still not letting me redeem it :(

Have you tried after today's big maintenance period? Sometimes it takes them a bit to add cards and codes.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
The Screen name thing wasnt't a bug you had to login to pokemon.com, you got your account settings and got to Pokemon trading card game online settings, it will ask you for your screen name, anyways I'm too late, you fixed it. Also the message bug happened to me once.

Back