• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Recurring Supporters

Years
I think I figured out something. Lets start at the beginning.

I donated $15, and got into the 3rd Tier, but forgot to put my name on it. That got cleared up.
I started a recurring supported and donated another $15. I was still in Tier 4, after donating $30+. That got cleared up.

Then I was dropped back to Tier 4. Confused, but I didn't ask questions, so I didn't bother it.
So I stayed Tier 4 for awhile then donated a few bucks. Got moved to Tier 5 again, don't know if it was automatic or not.
Then got moved to 4 again.

I looked back in my e-mails, and saw when the payments were made.
It think when the Recurring Support is payed it pulls you out of Tier #, and puts you back into Tier 4.

It might be my individual problem, but I thought it's something you guys might wanna see. Don't wanna play this tug-of-war game every month if people get into the same situation as me.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Yeah, if you are a Recurring Supporter, you are automatically put into Tier 4 until you donate 25 dollars. Then you will be put into Tier 5.

I think...lol

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
Thomas-san said:
Yeah, if you are a Recurring Supporter, you are automatically put into Tier 4 until you donate 25 dollars. Then you will be put into Tier 5.
Yes, but she says here:
Lornami said:
I started a recurring supported and donated another $15. I was still in Tier 4, after donating $30+. That got cleared up.
She should be at Tier 5 no matter what since she has already donated over $25. However, it keeps moving her down to tier 4. So even if she just opened a recurring subscription, she should be past the base tier for that.

Last edited:
Years

I think...lol

I have been put into Tier 5 because I've donated more than $25, but I keep getting pulled out again.

Another thought I had was that because of the first donation with no-name, the system doesn't see my total as $25 every month so it fixes it. With all the donations besides that first one, I would be at (I think I had the recurring twice) be at... $24. xD!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I think its because when you become a 5 tier you have to pay a 2 dollar monthly fee. Not sure.

Whaaat? No-no. That's far from it. If you read the post about donations, once you donated, you aren't required to donate anything anymore. The donation is part of the community. Paying a two dollar monthly fee to retain your 5 Tier status? That seems really far-fetched.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I have been put into Tier 5 because I've donated more than $25, but I keep getting pulled out again.

Another thought I had was that because of the first donation with no-name, the system doesn't see my total as $25 every month so it fixes it. With all the donations besides that first one, I would be at (I think I had the recurring twice) be at... $24. xD!
What I was trying to explain was that even though you has donated that money previously, Steve set Recurring Supporter to be automatically put into Tier 4 until they reach the amount specified to be in Tier 5. So you will be in Tier 4 until the money you've donated monthly equals the amount to qualify for Tier 5 (this doesn't count the money you've donated in the past). Does that make sense?

Years
What I was trying to explain was that even though you has donated that money previously, Steve set Recurring Supporter to be automatically put into Tier 4 until they reach the amount specified to be in Tier 5. So you will be in Tier 4 until the money you've donated monthly equals the amount to qualify for Tier 5 (this doesn't count the money you've donated in the past). Does that make sense?

Yes that makes sense. But I did talk to Rukario about this before when I first signed up for recurring donations. He moved me to Tier 5, meaning that the donations I've made before do count. And I don't think it really would be fair if I donated more money then a Tier 5 but was still in Tier 4 like all my past donations disappeared. D: Kinda sucks.

wats teh point behind tiers?
Shows how much money you have donated, and what perks you get.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Years
With each Tier, you get more and more perks. Check it out here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=687726&postcount=1LOL! I know they count, I meant, they "didn't count" for argument's sake. xD
Hehe, I know. I mean I think the past donations do count to the overall rank in addition to the stuff you donated at a Tier 4. Never got cleared on that, but it makes sense to me. And I've been switched from 5 to 4 only because of the automatic donation. I don't think that's the problem.

Years
My guess is that when Steve set your tier to 5 he forgot to remove your recurring subscription.

Basically, you were planning on using the recurring subscription to reach tier 5 over time, but eventually just donated the full amount all at once, right? That brought you up to tier 5, but he forgot to remove the subscription at the same time, so when it came time to roll back around the monthly fee from before, it charged you and put you back into tier 4 automatically.

I'll double check, and then move you back to 5 and remove the subscription for you.

Well honestly I just have the subscription so I can donate a little if I forget or don't get on PC for awhile. Just let it build up. :3 It wont hurt me and will help you.
But if it stops the problems, I guess that would be fine. But it should be noted if people still want to stay on the subscription and be in Tier 5 in the future, there would be problems. Don't know if they would want to or not.

Rukario

Banned
Years
its automated by vB.. I'll set your secondary usergroup to tier 5 and 'select' it for you - you should still stay in it after your next recurring supporter's payment (hopefully)

Years
Okay thanks! (I have two groups, how interesting!)
I guess we'll have to see what happens when the next payment comes around.

Back