• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Opal

Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?

• Designer, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • Spriter, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • Both! (Contact me)

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 116 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
haha, yeah, I have a thread up on the recruitment thing, so there's really no need to. I'm sort of a n008 myself so I don't know any good mappers.
Ima go stalk the team recruitment thread, lol.

XD I happen to be a good mapper lmao, just nobody actually notices the posts of maps I sometimes make :O

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I'm not even going to ask, but if you want to help, feel free to pm me, lol XD.
I can't map, because my computer won't download RMXP.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Okey dokey, so I visited the Hiatu Wiki where all the Fakemons are and I just uploaded them there.
Also thought to just upload them here in case ya can't find them cause I kinda find it hard navigatin' through that wiki, seems kinda unorganized and the sidebar only has electric and legendary Pokemon so yeah...Geuss I'm just not the tech dude. xD

Anyways, here're my concepts, hope they're ok.
BTW Elunas and Solius are not shaded yet...But I thought I'd just share anyways.

Lemme know what ya think! ^^

Spoiler:

Leafzard

Spoiler:

Razoraus

Spoiler:

Draglant

Evolution chain: Leafzard -> Razoraus -> Draglant

Legendaries:
Spoiler:

Solius

Spoiler:

Elunas

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Okey dokey, so I visited the Hiatu Wiki where all the Fakemons are and I just uploaded them there.
Also thought to just upload them here in case ya can't find them cause I kinda find it hard navigatin' through that wiki, seems kinda unorganized and the sidebar only has electric and legendary Pokemon so yeah...Geuss I'm just not the tech dude. xD

BTW Elunas and Solius are not shaded yet...But I thought I'd just share anyways.

Spoiler:

Leafzard

Spoiler:

Razoraus

Spoiler:

Draglant

Legendaries:
Spoiler:

Solius

Spoiler:

Elunas

well, there good but they seem like there from a different anime/cartoon, as in not Pokemon, also the names need some work. I know the naming things sounds odd but I use intelligent etymoligies and careful balance when naming my Pokemon.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years

Spoiler:

Leafzard

Spoiler:

Razoraus

Spoiler:

Draglant

Legendaries:
Spoiler:

Solius

Spoiler:

Elunas

I can see you tried a dark/light pairing, but we already have those, and we don't accept legendaries right off like that ^^; Sorry, those two won't make it.
I personally don't really like the first evolutions, but I especially like Draglant(however the name will have to be worked on).. I just now discovered that the Pokedex jumps numbers... 12-15. We need a 13 and a 14. Reordering will be a lot of work...
Therefore, Razoraus and Draglant are go. They will be numbers 13 and 14(I'm sorry to sound snappy, however; you can submit this fakemon line, and your legendaries to other games if you'd like. I usually don't allow this.)
That means they will appear in the demo. ^^ We will have to change their names though, just to add some creativity.
I'm in the process of adding a lot of fakemon to the dex now, those will be the ones I'm starting with. ^^

Thank you!

tnguye3

Years
Yay, glad I got two Poke's in! xD
Anyways, naming was never my thing, so when I usually submit something, it'll have a name, but I think it's best if you or someone else (Ace, wanna help? xD) comes up with the names cause I don't usually think much about giving names e.g. Draglant - Dragon + Plant...lol. ;p
I got more Poke's, but still need to color them etc. Will submit them today evening I think.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Draglant >>> Dracora? Draco + Flora

Razoraus >>> Reptiroot? Reptile + Root

I'm usually pretty decent at naming but these two are giving me hell for some reason haha. I sat here five minutes and THOSE were all I could think of. No idea why. Maybe I have naming block haha.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years

I'm usually pretty decent at naming but these two are giving me hell for some reason haha. I sat here five minutes and THOSE were all I could think of. No idea why. Maybe I have naming block haha.

None of them are really related to roots or flowers at all, it seems.. so I don't think those would be a good idea. :/
Thanks for your attempt, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
None of them are really related to roots or flowers at all, it seems.. so I don't think those would be a good idea. :/
Thanks for your attempt, though.

1. Yeah, like I said, name block haha.
2. Um, actually, I meant Flora as in Flora and Fauna, plants and animals. Not flowers specifically.

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Here is one of Draglant's sprites.. it's one of my worst. <_< it's attached.
if you want to give me feedback on it please do so nicely. :D

tnguye3

Years
It's nicely done and shaded, but his neck is gone and you can't really see his face too well. It's meant to be intimidating. ;)
Hope that helped! ^^
EDIT: Forgot to mention, you forgot to sprite the tusk thingies on his front limbs. ^_^

well, there good but they seem like there from a different anime/cartoon, as in not Pokemon
Yeh well, it's my drawing style so I geuss it might take some time to make it Pokemonish. I geuss I'll try to nail that Pokemon style for my next Fakemons, thanks for the tip! x3

Okay, so those two Fakemons are basically a mixture of reptiles and leaves. Maybe that can boost your brainstorming! ^_^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Okay, so those two Fakemons are basically a mixture of reptiles and leaves. Maybe that can boost your brainstorming! ^_^

Um, yeah, the concept was pretty clear in the first place, since, you know...they're reptiles...covered in leaves... o.o

tnguye3

Years
Um, yeah, the concept was pretty clear in the first place, since, you know...they're reptiles...covered in leaves... o.o
Oh, just letting ya know cause I thought that you thought that the concept was Reptile + Flower from the earlier name suggestions, but ok. Nevermind, forget what I said, geuss it's pretty obvious then, I thought my concepts were slightly unclear, phew. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Oh, just letting ya know cause I thought that you thought that the concept was Reptile + Flower from the earlier name suggestions, but ok. Nevermind, forget what I said, geuss it's pretty obvious then, I thought my concepts were slightly unclear, phew. xD

Wait...you thought...

1. Yeah, like I said, name block haha.
2. Um, actually, I meant Flora as in Flora and Fauna, plants and animals. Not flowers specifically.

Ahem...umm...yeah. :| lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014

Ya, um, anyways............ xD

I tried to sprite Draglant and...well...
picture.php

I geuss it's fail, lol. Not a good spriter. xD

Actually, tnguye3, since its supposed to be a sprite of the drawing, that's a pretty good sprite. Shading is a bit off, but you're a beginning spriter, and shading is one of the hardest parts in my opinion, so that's not a terrible thing. The only thing is, it's a bit big. There's an 80x80 size limit for battle sprites for Pokemon o_O.

On the flipside, the perspective you used in your sprite, Nyu, makes the Pokemon seem smaller than it probably should be. In my opinion, it looks more like a bigger version of a menu sprite. Maybe drawing it in a standing position like tnguye3's would work better?

Combine the good parts of both of your sprites and pay attention to the 80x80 rule, and it'll come out to a pretty awesome sprite for it.

tnguye3

Years
Yeh I geuss, but I think I'll stick with Pokemon Designs and Concept art or w/e since I'm a noob at spriting AND it's kinda a pain in the butt for me cause it takes forever, also I don't really like spriting! xD
But yeah, what you said can make it work, although I think I'll just leave the spriting to Nyu, I signed up for Designs anyways. x3

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Yay, glad I got two Poke's in! xD
Anyways, naming was never my thing, so when I usually submit something, it'll have a name, but I think it's best if you or someone else (Ace, wanna help? xD) comes up with the names cause I don't usually think much about giving names e.g. Draglant - Dragon + Plant...lol. ;p
I got more Poke's, but still need to color them etc. Will submit them today evening I think.

Razaurus is okay but how about, but if you don't like Razoraus, then he could be Reptileaf.

Draglant could be Verdragon (Verdant+Dragon)
or Dragreen, Dragrowth, or Wyverdant (Verdant +Wyvern).
If you don't know what a wyvern is, well its basically another name for a dragon.
And sorry if I insulted you before, keep drawing Pokemon, they're better than anything I could do. lol XD

POKEMON NAMING PRO!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Razaurus is okay but how about, but if you don't like Razoraus, then he could be Reptileaf.

Draglant could be Verdragon (Verdant+Dragon)
or Dragreen, Dragrowth, or Wyverdant (Verdant +Wyvern).
If you don't know what a wyvern is, well its basically another name for a dragon.
And sorry if I insulted you before, keep drawing Pokemon, they're better than anything I could do. lol XD

POKEMON NAMING PRO!

You win this round Ace, BUT WE SHALL MEET AGAIN >_>

I actually thought about Reptileaf, but didn't wanna leave out the whole razor theme he had going there lol. But I do like that one

And if I had any say in the matter, I'd go with Wyverdant. It's just such a god-player name for a Pokemon haha.

tnguye3

Years
Okay, I reaaaaaally like the Reptileaf name, I say good to go! xD
Wyverdant sounds godly! And I know what a wyvern is! xD

btw Ace, it's cool man, although I don't see the insult so I dunno what you're apologizing for. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back