• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I don't know what SR is but.. to me? It makes it more special if the shiny was truly random. Like winnng the lottery! Some people shiny hunt but I dunno why.. I guess I just never bothered.
I remember I was playing Gold on my gameboy pocket, and I was doing the bug catching game, and caught a venonat while not really paying attention (was also watching tv,) and I was angry afterwards that I couldn't get a scyther or pinsir.
Then when I put it on my bro's gameboy colour, I spazzed out that it had sparkles and was a different colour; I remember it so clearly!! Was in the spare room where the N64 was hooked up and I just flipped and ran to show my brother hahaha!

Ahh memories..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
You accidentally restarted Ruby? Tara...

OGx7N3j.jpg

yes. i was trying to restart sapphire and i ended up restarting ruby instead. even with the groudon and everything in the beginning. then i cried when i realized what i did.
a6e3acaea9a534d65ef5f829e79afdd6_w23_h23.gif

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
yes. i was trying to restart sapphire and i ended up restarting ruby instead. even with the groudon and everything in the beginning. then i cried when i realized what i did.
a6e3acaea9a534d65ef5f829e79afdd6_w23_h23.gif

How do you even..

I remember when I was going to SR for a shiny Piplup in Platinum. I decided not to in the end. I started Platinum and after I got Piplup, I restarted because it had a bad nature and IVs. The next time it was shiny. I made 'noises' that night.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Tom completed his Pokedex and then I kinda just lost all motivation to do it. Idk why, lol.

Sir Codin

Looks like the Anime/Manga discussion got merged with General Entertainment.

Efficient, I suppose.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My first shiny was a flipping Bidoof on Diamond version. I:
I didn't even know what a big deal they are, but had faintly remembered that it's "special" in some way. Then forgot and reset the save file. I still have my first SR'd shiny (and cloned him once) sitting in my PC box, though. (:

Kura, if I understood your post correctly, you said that you don't know what SR'ing is, right? It's when you, before either getting a starter or encountering a legendary (or something like a Drifloon that is seen out-of-battle), save the game. Then encounter said Pokemon over and over again (resetting the game by pressing start + select + L + R if it's not shiny) until you get a shiny one. I got a shiny Chikorita that way. <3

Huh. Now I want to go SR for a shiny Drifloon. I've always loved the coloration but never bothered to get one. I think it works for SRing, not sure.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
My first shiny ever was a Machoke by Snowpoint City in Diamond. My second shiny was in Pokemon White's Victory Road and it was a Deino.

067.gif
&
633.gif

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ahaha, I guess green shinies are your thing? X)

Even before getting a Gen V game, I loved Deino and its evolution line. That kind of has faded since. x:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
It really does seem like it. I have high hopes for Gen VI!

Hahaha we'll see. I've only ever found those two in the wild. My other shinies were traded for and Red Gyarados never counts haha

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
My most recent shiny is my Ambipom named Strawberry in Platinum. She is a Goddess amongst us mortals.

424f.gif

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
My last shiny was a Sentret on HG, it was the first Pokemon I encountered after getting my Pokeballs, lucky me right?

Sir Codin

I can't recall my last shiny, but I remember once coming across a shiny Pidgey.

Getting one of the rarest commons is the equivalent of getting a diamond-encrusted kick in the balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back