• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GameFreak HQ

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So in p much every recent game and even in the past icr, there's been GameFreak buildings or locations featuring GF staff. While generally boring, they've had interesting features - such as listening to Team Rocket's takeover theme when you go there, battling the heads of GameFreak, and finding out things about the story.

Would you like to see GF Buildings make a return? What kind of new things could they offer to make them more interesting for players that come across the buildings, given that they were put in there just for the players to find out more about GF? Would you want to hear about past heroes of regions, stories of regions, or something along those lines? Or would you like the GF buildings to stay as nothing major really? What else do you think could be in those buildings? Share yo thoughts!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Personally I'll like it if GF were guests at some Hotel like back in Hoenn, and it'll fit as Paris is a major tourist attraction.

Hopefully they add some evil music, hope they can have all the evil teams this time, if not then Magma and Aqua should as they didn't a remix for the DS era.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would be really nice to see the Game Freak HQ making a return to Pokémon X and Y. It would be a shame if they didn't, perhaps some new things they could add into the building is some stuff that references to HarmoKnight, which is the latest game made by Game Freak as of now. Maybe they could even have Satoshi Tajiri as someone you'll battle in the game... but not in the building though, even since he has retired from being a director. But it would be interesting, but you'd also have to battle the other developers as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I want to battle all of the major staff that worked on the games. That was really fun.

Yes that would be fun, It would probably be an easter-egg you could do after you finish the game. I would hope they make it so the stuff in the building would be interactive (just like the Ratchet and Clank Insomnic museum), you could click on something and some text would appear telling you how they made the game, how the mechanics work, maybe even show some of the pokemon they left out of the game.

When you battle the staff members, they will probably have the real person's favourite pokemons in their party. And the leader (ceo Satoshi Tajiri) will have the most powerful pokemon from all the games, all of which are on level 100. Satoshi Tajiri could be the epic final boss after you finish the game!

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Well, I would like to battle more (or all) of the Game Freak staff, but I would also really like it if one of the GF staff like the Script Writer explained the chronology of the Pokemon series to me. Seriously, I'm confused.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yes that would be fun, It would probably be an easter-egg you could do after you finish the game. I would hope they make it so the stuff in the building would be interactive (just like the Ratchet and Clank Insomnic museum), you could click on something and some text would appear telling you how they made the game, how the mechanics work, maybe even show some of the pokemon they left out of the game.

When you battle the staff members, they will probably have the real person's favourite pokemons in their party. And the leader (ceo Satoshi Tajiri) will have the most powerful pokemon from all the games, all of which are on level 100. Satoshi Tajiri could be the epic final boss after you finish the game!

Omg, rather than Pokemon left out of the game, perhaps something else like beta versions of current Pokemon? That'd be amazing to see in there and I always like the thought of what they "didn't" do. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Omg, rather than Pokemon left out of the game, perhaps something else like beta versions of current Pokemon? That'd be amazing to see in there and I always like the thought of what they "didn't" do. :3

Satoshi Tajiri could give you a special beta pokemon after you defeat him! This pokemon will be like Mew as such no one knew this pokemon existed, some sneaky employee added this just before it's release! The game will say it has 230 new pokemon when there is actually 231!
The gen 6 version of the 'Mew glitch', except it can be actually obtained through regular gameplay.

I think this would be the coolest thing ever!
It would also have awesome stats just like Mew!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm well the only thing is it'd be really easy to get...

I feel like they wouldn't have a Pokemon through just that method that nobody else knew. :x While it'd definitely be an awesome reason to visit there, I think it's more likely that just providing beta X/Y artwork will occur.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Hmmm well the only thing is it'd be really easy to get...

I feel like they wouldn't have a Pokemon through just that method that nobody else knew. :x While it'd definitely be an awesome reason to visit there, I think it's more likely that just providing beta X/Y artwork will occur.

Yea, artworks would be more likely, but I still think It would be pretty cool though, receiving a special beta pokemon from Satoshi Tajiri after beating him.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd love to see the HQ buildings come back! I thought it was always interesting to see how they implemented themselves into the games for us to interact with them, plus it's nice that they gave themselves a cameo.

I have no idea what you mean by Beta Pokémon Derk, but as far as being given a shiny Pokémon or something of that nature for defeating everyone the in HQ building sounds like a good reward to me.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That just sounds like...bad. Entering something with the word "unfinished" into the game that has the potential to be buggy is just not good =x Unless we mean that it just never got fully finished, but functioned fine then I guess that'd be okay, but I still wouldn't really want it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If they do return and are put somewhere, please give them meaning :D
I don't really care which but just give them meaning...
Otherwise it would be another useless building that no one would enter if not necessary.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That just sounds like...bad. Entering something with the word "unfinished" into the game that has the potential to be buggy is just not good =x Unless we mean that it just never got fully finished, but functioned fine then I guess that'd be okay, but I still wouldn't really want it.

Well, it was discussed a few pages ago about being given a "Beta" Pokemon, like a Pokemon that was in planning, but never finalized, yeah? Something like that. xD

Yeah I'd much rather designs of unfinished Pokemon that we can see rather than actually being... able to be used. :( Plus then you'd get to see what could potentially be improved upon and be in the next generation.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Sounds cool but i think a shiny would be more likely. I would love to battle them all. They could make the building like the battle tower. Each floor has a mix of nintendo and GF employees. At the top you fight satoshi as mentioned already.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yeah I'd much rather designs of unfinished Pokemon that we can see rather than actually being... able to be used. :( Plus then you'd get to see what could potentially be improved upon and be in the next generation.

THAT would be fine. If we were shown some designs off stuff that isn't in the game, but maybe something they were working on, that'd be really cool. I'd love to see what designs of Pokémon they were working on but couldn't finish in a good way, but I just want them not to be usable.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I'd love the idea of receiving a Beta Pokemon from Satoshi Tajiri! I think that's a pretty interesting idea and I do wonder what this beta Pokemon would be like. xD Though truth be told, for something like that to be given out, yeah, he would have to be like, one of, if not the strongest trainer in the game, with all level 100 Pokemon and whatnot, yeah?

In my mind, the final battle with Satoshi Tajiri would have powerful lvl 100 pseudo legendaries such as Salamence and Tyranitar. I also thought that Satoshi (unlike every other AI) would actually have a good strategy. You know, setting up spikes and stealth rocks, or using strategic pokemon combos such as the powerful Tyranitar/Excadrill combo, or using Whimsicott to setup tailwind or stun-spore (a really useless pokemon, but prankster makes it awesome for using status moves).
I want to Satoshi to be a really tough trainer.

Now I am actually not in favour of a beta pokemon after you defeat him, just like Jake said it would probably be really buggy if it was not originally going to be in the game, I think artwork would probably be more likely. But it's still an interesting idea nonetheless! ;)
Ooooooooo, what if Satoshi Tajiri would allow you to transform ONE of your current pokemon into a shiny after you defeat him!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That would be the AWESOMEST thing ever in any pokemon game EVER! IN FOREVER!!!!!!!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I agree with actually having a difficult AI. If it's almost like an extra final boss in the game, then they should at least make it a challenging fight, almost like the Elite Four rematches were in HG/SS, but actually harder. I'd love to see some entry hazards, switching around on what the AI could predict the player would use for moves, etc. That might be too much to do looking from a programming stance, but if it could be pulled off it'd be awesome.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
Better yet, put the Gamefreak into the final gym. Now THAT would be some fun! And there would be no way people couldn't fight the devs and think there not in the game!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think that might be way complicated. Why not just have GF in that city, and make it a goal to get a reward if you talk to everyone there? ;) Like a free rare Pokemon...!

Back