• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Small Writing Contest!

Bay

Years
txtclipse, that is an early post, so ten minutes from now, it'll be 9 hours until the deadline. :P And also, noticed that both of us are in the same timezone, so yeah, entries are due 9pm that time for you. Another all nighter doing the reviews for me! XD

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
It is 11:59 EST, so 8 hours and 59 minutes I think. Cause currently it is almost 3pm there.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I'm dropping out. I won't make it in time. :( And I have writer's block.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
It's 11:59 eastern time, so 10:59 central (my time), 9:59 mountain, and 8:59 pacific. I see now that I was ninja'D but I'll keep that there for people in different time zones anyway.

Doesn't matter to me now though as I just PMed my entry to Gummy. :D Just under 6 pages and 3500 words, so not too short but not too long in my opinion either. I did end up proofreading it again but hardly found any grammatical errors or typos. They must be hiding from me... <_< I did end up changing a handful of things, though, so it wasn't a waste. The final title I decided on if anyone's interested is "Three-Sixteen".

Glad to see that a compromise between the two posting possibilities was made, especially as I just thought of another reason I want my own thread (or post at least): to be able to edit in fixes to typos and such that people point out. Speaking of which, I still have some in the latest chapter of TRINITY I need to fix...

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Speaking of titles, I decided with 'The Magnet Board'

(not it has nothing to do with electric or steel Pokemon).

I'm excited however, as to when we'll get to see everyone's entry, and eventually the winner.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Well, since txty's work is apparently going to be rushed, I might actually have a chance of winning now!

Wait, Shrike turned his in. Damn, I guess I can still hope for 2nd place.

EDIT:

Since everyone seems to be posting their titles now, mine's "There's Always Tomorrow."

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I just finished mine. It's a little short story, 1 page long. Do I just PM it to Gummy?

As the first post clearly says, I want all stories PMed to me and only me. I will handle forwarding it to other judges. Do not post it in here.

Years
gah, well, im almost done editing and revising, if i get it dont in 2 hours, will that be okay.

Title: The Calamity

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
Since everyone has posted their story titles, mine is "The Winds of Time", if anyone cares. x3

Also, I wouldn't mind the one thread idea, but the index thread with linkage would be lovely as well. C: Just my two cents on that matter. :p

Bay

Years
Yeah Redstar, just in the nick of time. :P

All right everyone, no more entries please! Gummy, Astinus, and me are now going to go ahead and judge the entries. Should probably take us a week or two until we're done with the results. However, don't rush us. Gummy and Astinus also have real life stuff to take care of and not only I have stuff to do but am very busy with another contest at Serebii. So yeah, be patient with us even though the Get Together is over. ^^;

EDIT: Dang it Mizan, you have to post before me. D: Well, I would accept it even if it's a few minutes late as sometimes the forums can get laggy. However, not sure if Gummy will. We'll have to wait and see then.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Just made it. I think. That's what the time zone converter said anyway. If not, I'm screwed. :(
Title: Reflection in the Storm
If you're five to ten minutes off, I think they shouldcut you some slack. Allowances have to be made for time zone differences/clock inconsistencies, and for actually sending the entry... Heck, it took me 15 minutes to format my story right in the PM...

So. Looks like we should head back to the Lounge?

Back