• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royale! [T]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

"Hey, do you think that Kadabra might realize how stupid he sounds if one of us took him down in battle? Because I'm willing to volunteer..." Alpha looked at Flare as the Arcanine sighed, "Oh no... Mello's Lament..."

Alpha frowned, "Lament? What do you..." The song started up and Alpha suddenly felt depressed. He was usually a cheerful guy, but this song just... hurt. Alpha felt a frown form on his face as he heard the pain in Mello's song. Charlie was also hearing the melody but unlike Alpha he was doing his best to not betray any emotion on his face. He wan't like the others, he was a psychic and he would not be forced to show sadness if he himself didn't want to.

Jack still was supporting Echo on his neck as he heard the song. "Mello is sad... After interacting with your Sneasel." Jack turned to Kiba for a moment before he looked down at Echo, "Echo, did you do something to Mello?" The Sneasel just buried her buried her face into Jack's chest. Jack sighed and pulled back Echo's face to see her eyes shut tight and leaking tears. "Echo..." Jack grabbed a napkin out of one of his side packs and began to wiper the tears away, "That's strange. She's never cried before... That song must be pretty depressing to get this much of a reaction."

Alpha looked up as Jack talked. His attention focused on Echo, then on Mello, then on Echo again. His eyes grew wide as wheels began to turn in his head. Why hadn't he thought of it before!? A idea quickly formed in his head, a wonderful, if a bit deceiving, idea. He mentally made a list of all the participants. If they could work together... They could cure her! It all made sense now! Right when they would take a break he could talk to the others and implement his plan. It was fool proof!

Jack stepped out with the others and noticed the destruction that had raze the area. The pokemon were injured as it looked like one nasty battle had taken place here. Perhaps what happened next was what really blew Jack's mind as a green pikachu, that's right green, stepped out and began to rant in english. English.

The only question that Jack's overblown mind could come up with was a really pathetic one, "Shadoan, can Pikachu even be green?" He croaked out. He didn't know what else to say and Alpha and Echo seemed to be in similar states of shock. Charlie did what he did best, ignore everyone completely.

Years
@ Julia-

As Julia reaches the base of the mountains, looking up into the brown and red hills, breathing the fresh air. Taking her pace as she walked into the mountain range, she heard a lot of rumbling behind her. She looked back to see a heard of diglet popping their heads out like a tital wave and tripping Julia over onto the ground. Moving up a little ways, he pokeballs drops out as the sun refracts off their surface. A Sneasel up near the hills looks down at a knocked over Julia and the shiny pokeballs. He rushes down and picks one up, gazing at it in wonder only to see Julia trying to get up. He quickly picks up 3 others and starts to run off with them past her!
(Random Dice Roll Event: 2 and 6 were rolled [treating your listed team, the top as 1 and the bottom as 6] Ice and Roy are now your current team until you reclaim your POKEMON! CATCH THAT SNEASEL!) Julia stumbles trying to grab the remaining 2 pokemon and look in the direction of Sneasel, chasing after him up the mountains, down various paths until she chases him into a cave where the temperature starts to warm up. She stops when she reaches the river of magma and the Sneasel sits down to take a break on the other side of the river!

The magma is flowing fast as various fire-types take notice to Julia and approach her!
NPC Job Battle: 2x Magmar, 1x Chameleon, 1x Blazekien
(The challenge gets harder than this.)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The green pikachu looked at the group and sighed. "OF COURSE A PIKACHU CAN BE GREEN!" He sighs sitting down and pulling out a berry to munch on. "My name is Irek, E&S League Officer, Pokemon Division 3. My job is to watch over the trainers to be sure they don't kill one another or disturb the balance. I also handle mail to trainers from their families." Shadoan was still trying to put words together before he even could ask. "How the heck are you even able to speak? Human language, English...." Irek sighs as he glances at them with an annoyed look. "Im a blessed type, my knowledge is a gift from Grimor himself....According to the elites, other than that, you can just call me an Ascend type if you don't believe the legend. I don't believe it either."

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 4: Mello's Lament

黒心 キバ
Mello's Lament

Flare breathed a heavy sigh, following with the group. "Yes... Mello's always had a very..." Flare paused, looking for the right word. "A very... Persuasive... Singing voice..." He paused in disbelief as a green pikachu had begun to speak to the humans. What the... No words came from this; Flare remained, like usual, silent. What exactly could he have said about such an odd and random encounter?

Meanwhile, Mello had forcibly been put on Quilava and led up toward the group. Why does everyone seem insistent on controlling me?? She had climbed off of the Quilava as soon as they had caught up to the others. Her voice was soft in sadness, rather hard to hear unless the distance is less than a foot or two. "I can walk fine, thanks..." Her orchid eyes did not hide the pain within. Why did the Sneasel reject her like that? Was she going to get that reaction from everyone she ran into? She was sad, and the biggest identifier would be the fact that she was actually walking, rather than dancing and twirling. She hadn't even picked her head up since. She simply followed the group.

Kiba watched anxiously as Mello had followed them. She looked as if she had already been in a rut for weeks, even though what had happened was very recent. Whatever's going in is really bothering her... More than anything I'd ever seen before... He was tempted to pick her up and hold her, but he knew that she didn't like being picked up, carried, or held unless she does so on her own free will. He noticed that Echo was creating tears; it looked as if the song had hit her the hardest. But why? Mello and that Sneasel... Hm... Ever since we all grouped together, Mello went right to that Sneasel. she was sad then, too. She sang, and Echo reacted in an unusual way. She seemed sad when Echo was returned to her Pokeba-- He glanced at Jack. "I think I know what's going on here," he said plainly. All of this commotion had him entirely distracted from the English-speaking green Pikachu.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Julia -- Magma Cave​

Julia chased after the Sneasel, proper pissed now that she'd had several of her precious pokemon stolen. Apparently her fury had blinded her to the suggestion of riding Roy, who was plenty capable of chasing any pokemon down. Or at least, she was until she realized it was starting to get /really dang hot/ in this cave. Glowing magma illuminated the place and several fire pokemon approached her. She could already feel herself starting to sweat.

"Ugh..."

This would've been a great time to have had MacGyver there. Wild pokemon were rarely a threat while he was around. She would have to deal with these foes first... Who did she have on her? Quickly grabbing her pokeballs she tossed them both out onto the ground, releasing Ice and Roy. Relief flooded her when she saw that Ice was still with her. Without Lumine, relying on brute force would probably be a bad idea.

"Ice, do your thing and take them /out/!"

Julia of course didn't /actually/ mean that. Ice's 'thing' was not taking other pokemon out, but rather support. Ice flashed a rather eerie cheshire grin, having a pretty good if not vague idea of what was being asked of her. You see, Ice was a prankster. Screwing with people and pokemon alike was what she did best, and a distraction was exactly what Julia needed to finish this quickly. Ice made a beeline across the ground towards the three pokemon, making brief feints in their direction to draw their attention in anticipation of an attack before abruptly leaping at the Charmeleon in a highly aggressive manner.

Ice (Sableye): "What's the matter guys? Too fast for you?~"

Ice had used taunt before any of the pokemon had had a chance to protect themselves. This was what she was known for. Many a Sableye only wished they had the energy she did when it came to mischief. Ice struck at the air and several blasts of energy shot from her strike, hitting the Charmeleon in front of her directly between the eyes with one of her hands. When she did this she spoke up in the most casual of tones.

Ice (Sableye): "Sorry comin' through. 'Scuse me."

It was Secret Power! Not only had she used her impressive energy to outspeed normally rather formidable opponents, but she had combo'd it with an attack. Near Magma, secret power had changed forms and caused Charmeleon to flinch. Using the brief opportunity to flee, Ice darted underneath the fire lizard and promptly took off running, uttering the most sarcastic apology possible.

Ice (Sableye): "Sorry~"

Meanwhile, Roy turned his head and gave Julia a rather confused look by tilting his head. Ice could not beat these pokemon on her own. It was simply improbable beyond thought. Roy knew it. When Ice started running Julia immediately called out her next move. She had to time this right if she didn't want Ice to get destroyed by these pokemon's counter attack.

"Alright! Roy, use Rock Slide! Hit 'em all at once!"

Roy seemed to understand, taking aim with his keen vision. A blue energy surrounded his body, followed almost immediately the cave roof being ripped open and large, deadly boulders collapsing onto the group of fire pokemon. With Roy's incredible power it was most likely more than enough to finish off the magmar and the charmeleon in one hit. The blaziken however lacked an actual type weakness to the move, though it would still do very heavy damage and could in fact potentially still wipe it in a single shot depending on how strong it was. If it could still stand, there was a significant chance it may flinch on top of the damage.

Julia didn't wait. She immediately moved forward with Roy following beside her and began to make her way over/around the fallen debris. She was confident that Roy could handle any surprises at this ponit. Or at least, surprises from the pokemon. She still needed to catch that Sneasel!

Ice had of course not been hit by the avalanche of rocks, and was waiting on the other side, trying to figure out whether she should make her way back over.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack closed his thoughts and arranged his thoughts carefully, "Okay, Pikachu are now green, can talk, and are considered an ascended type. Alright, okay. Just pushing aside all my disbelief right now. So, a trainer did this. I can understand fighting wild pokemon but this is just wrong."

Jack turned to Irek, "I know this is going to sound cliche, but what can we do to help?"

Alpha looked over the fallen pokemon and sighed, "That trainer is sick. Just look at this mess! This was no training exercise, this was a all out attack on helpless pokemon."

Charlie shrugged at his comment, "Those with power choose how to wield it. Obviously this trainer has a lot of power and has chosen to use it against others. He might actually make a good challenge for me."

Alpha narrowed his eyes at Charlie, "I've allowed your attitude to continue in many situations Charlie, but could you at least have the decency to show some compassion and at least recognize that this is wrong? None of us want to hear about how powerful you are! Just for once in your life, shut up!"

The Kadabra rolled his eyes but he did shut his mouth. Alpha looked at Jack and flashed him a thumbs up, "Don't worry Jack. I support you all the way!"

Alpha walked over to Flare and looked around conspicuously before he whispered, "Hey, Flare. When we find a break meet up with me without the others. I think I know how to help both Mello and Echo at the same time, but I'll need you're help. Jack let's all of my teammates out at lunchtime so we'll meet then. Don't tell Mello, it has to be a surprise. "

Echo was still hanging onto Jack's neck, but had taken some time to glance around the area. She was frightened just from what Irek had said about the trainer and when Jack posed his question to Irek she quickly shook her head at her trainer trying to deter him from what he wanted to do. She didn't want to fight against someone who was powerful enough to do this.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

黒心 キバ
Mello's Lament

Flare glanced over at the Hypno. "A plan... Hm... I won't say yes or no until I hear it... However, if it does help Mello, and Echo as well, I will most likely help. On another note... I'm very tempted to put that Kadabra in his place. I do have a secret..." He glanced around making sure no one else was within hearing range. "I am much, much stronger than I appear... Surely you have noticed that Kibasan has only two pokemon, and an egg... Well, three and an egg, if you count the Lapras who brought us here. Anyways... most people, by his age, have collected many pokemon, right? Not him. I fought against every gym in Sinnoh, as well as the Elite four and the champion. Alone, I should add. We've been to every region except Hoenn. We trained with wild pokemon."

Flare kept his voice low, only for Alpha to hear. "And when we weren't training with wild Pokemon, Kibasan trained me. Literally. He challenged me to a battle against him. He is a very experienced fighter as well as a trainer; even though he may not look it. And his origins-- never mind that; You will likely figure it out sooner or later. Anyways... My point is, I have had much experience. After conquering Sinnoh, we went to Unova. Battled the gym leaders there, finding Mello along the way. We beat the League there as well. Next was Johto, where the three of us did also beat the gym leaders and League. We then went to Kanto, beat the leaders, and challenged the League there. However, we were severely beaten by the champion. We returned to Sinnoh, for rest, home, and more training. Hearing about this island, we came hoping to learn more."

He watched the distance, as if his memories were spanned out in the sky. "And here we are. My point here... Other than explaining our history up to this point, is that I have had much experience. We rarely challenge trainers, because some people think it's mocking that kibasan fights with only two pokemon... I would gladly teach Charlie something in battle, maybe that loss might make him act like less of a bastard..." He watched Mello, then Echo, then back to Mello.

Kiba looked up at the scene. His expression was almost a flinch. What kind of sick person would do something like this?

Years
Irek sighs finishing his berry. "Technically, nothing. I among others have already observed everyones battle strength in the region going in and out. Attacking the trainer will be impossible without harming others and my whole division has been tracking him... Well, trying." He sits up brushing off his fur. "If your that interested in helping us out, there is a job where we need photos of him and nay more pokemon on his team, its better information for us to help us figure out how to handle him..." He glances back and forth through the group until it hits him. "... Well gentlmen, and gentle ladies." Irek addressing the group and their pokemon. "I need to head back to my post... If your in trouble, send up a flare and someone will come racing through. If you'll pardon me, I need to tend to the wounded here..." Irek starts gathering the injured grss-types to the center of the clearing.
Shadoan steps forth with one of the unregistered balls as Irek turns to face Shadoan. "...If your doing a job, go ahead, I won't stop you, but I suggest you leave soon before their families take notice." Shadoan nods, dropping a ball over a turtwig, capturing it successfully without resistance. "... You guys have any idea on where we should head onto next?"

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
@Julia
Getting past the avalanche of stones, the Blazekien gets hit hard and fast as it flinches and falls over. Trying to get on its knee's, the excess stones from Roy's move created a small but temporary bridge. Sneasel taking notice scrambles to get up and MOVE! Dropping one of Julia's Pokemon!
[Die roll: I rolled a 3, again, going through your list and skipping over the ones you have on hand.] The pokeball Sneasel dropped contained Rocky as it retreated further into the blazing caves. The next room appears to be high in temp as warm blasts of air can be felt coming from it. Over the stones, the Blazekien was getting up, slowly regaining strength as the Charmeleon was trying to dig himself out and the magmar attempting to melt the stones.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack took Irek's advice and threw a pokeball at a Turtwig as well, capturing the weakened grass-type rather easily. "That's probably the easiest capture we're going to have."

"... You guys have any idea on where we should head onto next?" Shadoan asked.

"I suppose we can head to the coast and see if we find some water-types. To tell you the truth, I would rather head after this trainer. If we can get some photos of his pokemon then not only will we help the league, then we'll be able to get a good reward as well. If we do go after him, we'll have to be extremely careful." Jack said.

Alpha couldn't help but grin at Flare's proposal, "Oh, that is good! Yeah, when we find a place to rest we can do that. He won't accept the challenge if you state it to him, he'll just ignore you. He'll listen to me however and if he hears from another psychic that he'll be creamed in a fight against a non-psychic, well, that will be more than enough to damage his overblown pride and leave him with no choice but to fight you. And, if I lay down the challenge loud enough then that will just up the ante."

Alpha looked over at Mello, "We should probably do that first though. If you can damage Charlie's pride then he won't act as an obstacle when we work my plan for Echo and Mello. I know that sounds harsh but he has had enough chances to try and change. Hopefully the battle will at least start pushing him in the right direction. Once the battle is over then we'll meet and enact the plan."

Echo wasn't necessarily clutching Jack's neck anymore, but she was still sad. She knew it was wrong that she treated Mello that way, but she couldn't be hurt anymore. Pokemon always said that they would be her friend, only to stab her in the back the next day. It was why she would stay near Charlie, he would never try to trick her and be her friend. He was perhaps the most honest pokemon that Jack had and the only one that Mello could truly trust. The others were nice, but each wanted to be her friend, to slip into her circle and all they would do was hurt her. She didn't want that again.

Dawn

Years

Julia -- Magma Cave​

Julia stumbled over the messy rocks and scraped her knee up in the process, scrambling back to her feet. She noticed a nearby Blaziken attempting to get to it's knees. It had been hit hard. She silently wondered if she could catch it, but the thought passed. Had that blaziken flinched? This surprised her because normally Roy's sheer force meant that flinching didn't really happen. He must've been holding back for one reason or another, though this concerned Julia because holding back meant Roy was going to suffer at the hands of his life orb. Regardless, she had no time to dwell on this. The Sneasel dropped a pokeball and she rushed over to retrieve it, immediately letting the pokemon inside out. It was Rocky, her Machoke. The buff pokemon stretched as if waking up from a long rest and proceeded to look at Julia with a look of mild confusion, evidently not understanding what was going on.

Julia simply motioned Rocky along. Roy gave several nervous glances back at the recovering Blaziken as Julia motioned them along in an attempt to get past the wild pokemon without further fighting, though Roy was more than prepared. Running was not something he very much liked, but his trainer had trusted him to obey Julia as if she were himself.

As she moved into the next room Julia felt a hot blast of air hit her. She stumbled a bit. Her knee hurt, but that was no longer her concern. Was this what it felt like to be cooked? She was beginning to fear that her body could not take long term exposure to this cave. Was this what the trainer had meant when he said his body couldn't handle it? What...an awfully misleading thing to say. She could tell that she was going to need a bath after this. The real question was, who would get cooked first? Her or the ice pokemon? Regardless, Julia was intent to get her pokemon back. They meant... too much to her. Losing them would be devastating. She had to press on. If only she had Lumine...

Pressing on into the room, Julia tried to ignore the heat. She pulled out a bottle of water and took a rather large gulp of it. She knew that dehydration would cause her body's temperature control to fail, which would mean rapid death in a place like this... Luckily it was not humid, which helped significantly. She peered around for the sight of the Sneasel, for the sight of anything noteworthy really.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

黒心 キバ
Mello's Lament

Kiba glanced at the two. "I suggest we rest. We can eat, relax, prepare... And if you release those Turtwig I can heal them. Though if you're going under registered pokeballs, and you both already have a full party of six, they will end up being teleported to a PC. The least I could do is heal them before they go." That said, he walked over to the other injured grass pokemon and began tending to them. "By the way... We don't know much of each other. How old are you two?"

Mello was still moping and depressed. She had quietly begun to sing again, not enough for everyone to hear, but for anyone who really focused on it. It wasn't Mello's Lament, but it was almost as sad.

Flare nodded to Alpha. I don't really think Charlie would have any reason to intervene with Echo and Mello, since he stays to himself. Also... Why does he protect Echo? Sneasel is a Dark and Ice type, not psychic. Granted she could learn a few psychic moves. Anyways, we can do whatever you decide. I do hope we stop soon, I am getting an appetite. He stretched slightly. But I'd rather work up my appetite, and a good battle would really get me fired up. Whether he has skills or not, I'm confident this will be rather easy for me. And if he is powerful, then great, I haven't had much challenge, other than the Leagues... A good battle would be fun.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

"I don't have a problem with that. These pokeballs are unregistered so they won't be teleported, but here you go." Jack opened the pokeball and the wounded turtwig appeared in a flash of light. The little grass-type looked frightened, but Jack knew that some pokemon were afraid of being captured so he chalked it up to that.

"I agree. We should rest somewhere near here. I have some lunch packed so we can share. Might as well let the others out." Jack grabbed his other pokeballs and let out Bravo, Delta, and Foxtrot. "Okay guys, no fighting these grass types. They've already been through a lot. Just stretch and spend some time relaxing."

Jack heard Kiba's question and smirked, "I'm 17 actually. I spent my childhood as a military brat. My dad was part of the army so I pretty much hopped around Kanto, Sinnoh, and Johto. I got a lot of experience about the various pokemon there and it really helped me make up my mind in deciding to become a trainer. A little bit of my dad rubbed off on me and that's why I name my pokemon after the code words that he used to tell me about. He actually pulled some strings with a professor in Kanto to let me have Alpha as my first pokemon. What about you two?"

Alpha sighed, "He doesn't protect Echo, he ignores her. If you noticed yesterday he ignored Echo's words and just pretended she wasn't there. She only goes to him because his attitude drives everyone away. Everyone else but Charlies socializes so it would make sense for her to stick near the one that could give her the most security, aka the psychic that doesn't even regard her."

Alpha listened to Jack speak and smirked, "Well, if Shadoan agrees then we'll have a place to battle soon. There is one thing you need to know Flare. Charlie can be... unconventional for battle. Be ready for anything, he will fight dirty, let me tell you that."

Alpha walked over to Charlie with a wide smirk. The Kadabra looked at him, "What has you happy Alpha?"

Alpha chuckled, "Oh, I was just talking with Flare. We got onto the subject of battles and I found out that he is pretty powerful, so powerful that he claims that he could take you out easily."

Charlie rolled his eyes, "Well, we both know that I won't waste my time with small fry such as him."

Alpha shrugged and raised his voice, "Well, if you are too scared of fighting him in front of everyone then I suppose that you can do what you want to. I mean it's much better than looking like a fool in front of an audience."

As Alpha had talked Charlie's eyes slowly began to narrow. It was when Alpha said the word 'fool' that Charlie snapped. "FOOL!? I'll show him who is the fool!" Alpha pointed a claw at Flare and shouted, "If you want a battle then have the decency to show some courage and state it to my face instead of cowering in the shadows and sending a messenger to deliver it! We fight here and now!"

Alpha was behind Charlie and gave Flare a quick thumbs up. Bravo grabbed Alpha and shook him, "What the hell are you thinking?! Charlie will slaughter him!"

Alpha chuckled, "I know what I'm doing Bravo. Trust me."

Jack's other pokemon quickly went to the sides and Foxtrot groaned, "Oh, another catastrophe to go through today! Please, both of you desist this hostility! Nothing can be gained by only causing more destruction in a place of ruin!"

Jack heard the commotion and saw Charlie get into his battle position, "Hey Charlie hold off!" He turned to Shadoan, "Do you think it's okay for them to battle here? I don't want us getting into any trouble with those grass-types."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 4: Fiery Eyes

黒心 キバ
Fiery Eyes

"I'm 18 at this point..." Kiba tended to the Turtwig, applying various herbs and poultices from his bag. When he stood, the Turtwig was healed. He patted it on the head, and pointed it toward its owner. He glanced at the Pokemon, to see Charlie and Flare ready to fight. "I hope your Kadabra is ready for a serious battle... You might want to stop them. Then again, if you trained him well, he might hold his own. But I'm pretty sure they're fighting without commands. And Flare has the advantage there... I train my friends to battle with their own strategies... And the things they come up with still amaze me..." Oddly enough, Kiba was looking at Mello as he said it.

Flare grinned. He had to give Alpha some respect, with such clever wordplay and manipulation. His fur-puffed tail lashed in anticipation, resembling the flickering of a fire. If you're sure you'd like to fight me, then go ahead. He looked more serious, but at the same time, happy. Give me a decent challenge...

Years
"I would agree, it would be dangerous... We should proba-" Jev released himself from his ball and came rushing onto the scene battle ready. "HERACROSS!" Shadoan sighed. "JEV! Back to your poke-" Before Shadoan could return him, he had already gathered with the others chanting fight. "-ball..." Shadoan sighed as he released Stella from her ball. "Looks like were going to get some more training in today." Shadoan claimed, releasing the Turtwig from the ball for Kiba to heal. "Stella, take down Jev and see if you can get him to return." She nodded her head as she chased after the knuckle-headed bug.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
@ Julia
Stage 2:

Moving into a lower cavity of the cave, the temperature was still on the rise. The Sneasel was within the next room taking a rest atop one of the spires with what looked like to be made of ice! Several of the spires looked to be the same thing as several fire pokemon, ranging from Magmars to Golems were pushing them into large holes. As the ice falls, it melts causing steam to rush back up through a hole in the ceiling. The fire pokemon ignored her as they pressed on with their work, moving the ice pillars to different locations. When they finally moved Sneasel's He jumps down well rested and charges for the next exit! Only to be lost and running around in random directions!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack watched as the pokemon began to form a large circle around the two combatants. Jev had started up a chant causing Delta to start chanting with him as well. Bravo was still glaring angrily at Alpha, "Is this funny to you? You're just giving him more power and pretty soon he'll become big-headed enough to take your spot from you. Call if off right now Alpha."

Alpha grinned and began to quickly whisper in her ear. The Banette pulled back, confused, before she burst out laughing, "This is great! If Flare really did all of that... well, we can't let Charlie second guess himself can we? Fight! Fight!-" Bravo joined in on the chant with Alpha following her lead.

Foxtrot turned away from the crowd, "I will not partake in this ill conceived manner of reputable fighting. There is having a friendly joust, and then there is antagonizing an individual to fight." He turned to Alpha, "I thought you were above this kind of behavior Alpha. I see that I was mistaken. Using ploy, emphasis, and wording to get others to do what you want. It seems that Charlie had done well in grooming you." With that the ghost walked off leaving Alpha stunned at his words.

Bravo looked over and playfully punched Alpha on the shoulder, "You know how he gets. You're helping Charlie by getting him into this fight, so no need to worry! Come on, this is the closest we've gotten to downgrading Charlie's ego." Alpha weakly nodded as the two of them began chanting once more.

Charlie looked around and smirked at the crowd that had gathered. "Well, looks like you have your audience Flare." Charlie looked the Arcanine dead in the eyes, "I'm afraid I'll be more than a decent challenge to you, so why don't you beg for forgiveness right now and maybe I'll let you off the hook. Yes, just lie down and be a good puppy and I'll make sure not to break all of the bones in your body."

Jack sighed, "Looks like they're not stopping. Charlie won't stop until he proves himself. Sorry about that Shadoan. Still, it will be interesting without any commands."

Echo lightly clung to Jack still. At least they didn't have to go after that trainer now. Hopefully, the battle would last long and they wouldn't be able to find that trainer and she could just do something not as scary.

Dawn

Years

Julia -- Inner Magma Cave​

Julia was hyperventilating a bit, but she didn't notice. More important things were on her mind. Noteably, she could see that Sneasel. What in the world did it want with her pokeballs anyway? She supposed it didn't matter. What did matter was that she wanted them back. Standing a fair distance away from the working pokemon she hesitated however. She didn't think the pokemon couldn't see her. There were too many of them. Surely some were aware of her presence. Would they turn aggressive if she got closer? She definitely had to do something, but she didn't want to get hurt either and she didn't know if she could pull a plan good enough to take out a group of this size without serious consequences in terms of how much of a beating her pokemon would take in the process.

Ice was probably the best at going unnoticed, but she lacked strength and Rocky would take out the sneasel in nano seconds if he wasn't attacked by the working pokemon. Roy similarly had more than enough power, but from experience Julia knew that Rocky did not miss his target when he threw a punch, making him arguably more reliable.

... Julia turned to her pokemon. When she spoke she felt out of breath constantly, and by now she felt a disgusting level of sweaty. She hated being in this place.

"Alright... I--I need you all to listen. These pokemon--They're busy doing something... We need to get that pokemon, ..."

Julia pointed at the sneasel darting around.

"but we want to avoid getting in the other pokemon's way or provoking a fight."

Julia had to stop a moment to catch her breath.

"Rocky? I want you to intercept the sneasel. Ice? I want you to try and help... Just... do whatever you can. Get those pokeballs..."

Rocky nodded briefly and made a grunting noise as he turned to approach the inner room. A grin slowly spread on Ice's face as Julia spoke before the small pokemon scittered off, moving slowly and low to the ground this time, keeping her distance from the other pokemon as much as possible whilst still moving between them. Perhaps the pokemon wouldn't attack them, seeing as they were not with a human and thus it might be impossible to tell they were in-fact trainer pokemon. Rocky simply moved through the crowd, just careful enough not to inconvenience anyone but with enough confidence that if you didn't know any better it'd be hard to tell he wasn't one of the wild pokemon himself, on his way to go move something. In truth, this came naturally to him.

Meanwhile, Julia stood next to Roy, whom watched the scene in front of him with unblinking eyes.

After a bit of analyzable, Rocky would pretend to cross the path of a frantic Sneasel only to casually walk into the pokemon's path and abruptly turn on it when it got close. Without warning Rocky had abruptly entered attack mode and promptly lunged at the sneasel, throwing a dynamicpunch that could only be described as 'It sure does suck to be an ice/dark type.' This was the moment of truth for Julia. It was easy enough for a lone pokemon to avoid being attacked in a group of pokemon that had better things to do. Now that one of them had launched an attack though, they'd find out if the pokemon were willing to ignore a fight that didn't involve them. Hopefully the one-sidedness of the fight would work in their favor.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiba, Chapter 5: Fiery Eyes

黒心 キバ
Fiery Eyes

Flare grinned, and brushed his front paw over the ground, almost like a Tauros. A more-than-obvious sign that he was excited for this. Everyone who doesn't want fire whiplash, should back away now. He glanced at everyone. He faced Charlie, his fiery tail lashing. Rather than backtalk, he began immediately, sending a tiny, minuscule ember toward Charlie, and it landed silently on the ground below him. A second of silence, and the tiny ember seemed to explode in a large explosion of flames, engulfing the entire battlefield in scorching flames.

For more than ten seconds, the flames swirled. afterward, the flames dissipated, leaving heavy smoke, which, once gone, revealed that Flare was nowhere to be seen. By now Mello was still depressed, but had at least focused her attention toward the battle. Even she had not seen this move before. Flare is always so strong, she thought quietly to herself, he's pretty good at planning battles too... Where is he...?

Kiba couldn't help but smile as he watched. "I didn't teach him this move either... I enjoy watching what they come up with." He watched calmly, curious of how Flare was going to fight this one, and whether Kadabra would hold his own in this battle.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Charlie watched as Flare already sent out an attack and immediately used Reflect instead of attacking with his own psychic attack. He needed to see how strong this mutt really was. Charlie had expected a flamethrower or some other powerful attack. A tiny ember fell short of him and just landed right before him. Alpha groaned and Charlie let out a laugh, "Is that the best-"

Charlie didn't have time to finish his sentence as the flame suddenly exploded and sent out a wave of intense heat. The others watched on in awe as the smoke cleared to show Charlie still standing, although there were parts of his body that were blackened from the explosion. Charlie gritted his teeth as he looked up to see Flare gone, "Well, you are powerful," Charlie said out loud, "but you are a fool to think you can hide from me."

Charlie's eyes glowed a bright blue as he channeled his psychic powers and concentrated. He reached out to sense Flare's mind. Being a psychic meant that you could always see what others couldn't, and that was a huge advantage in battle. It took only a few seconds for him to 'sense' Flare's location under neath the ground and immediately he sent his psychic powers at his foe. He projected his powers and targeted his foes nose, eyes, and mouth and began to close them snugly. There was a chance that the Arcanine could overpower him but in all the years he had traveled with Jack he had not yet met a foe who could fight against this technique. Usually he reserved it for pokemon Jack would want to capture and didn't want to have to take the time to travel all the way back to the city just to find a pokemon center. He could easily force his foe to black out and be an easy capture for Jack.

Just less than one minute, Charlie thought, and he'll be at my feet begging for air.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

黒心 キバ
Fiery Eyes

Flare could feel psychic power forming around him. Figures, since he's psychic. He hasn't learned just how strong I am... He could tell that, by now, Charlie had locked on, and was planning to use a psychic attack. But not before Flare could get a solid hit in. As the psychic power was groing around him, he had burst out from the ground, dealing a pretty powerful bite to Charlie's ankle, a dark move with harsh effects, when he combined it with fire fang. However, he quickly lost his grip the ankle, feeling Charlie's power forming mostly around his head. He's... Trying to choke me!! That cheap bastard!!

Kiba watched in surprise, leaning toward Jack. "Did you teach him that? That's just plain brutal..." You'd think Kiba would be more concerned and worried that his pokemon was being choked. But there was knowledge behind his eyes. It seemed Charlie was not so observantduring the battle.

Mello was still depressed, and she had covered her mouth with both of her hands. Big brother... What's going on, why don't you just break free, I know you could-- Her thoughts were interrupted by laughter. Though, it wasn't Charlie's. No, it was Flare's dark laughter. He was laughing, wasting his breath, while choking!?

Flare had begun a laugh, and this continued for a good six or seven seconds. He was actually wasting what remaining breath he had. His laughter died down, and was followed by one, quiet, menacing word. Surprise...

Immediately after, more tiny cinders began exploding in immense fire. Charlie neglected to see the tiny ashes, scattered around the battlefield, even under Charlie, and also in Flare's fur. Being in strong control of his fire, he made sure every fiery explosion was directed away from the crowd, all pointed directly towed Flare and Charlie. And since I know flash fire, my burning only raises my power!! The more Flare was engulfed in his own flames, the hotter and more powerful they got.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Charlie could feel Flare rise from the ground, but he hadn't expected a bite attack from him. Charlie cried out in pain but still maintained his grip on the Arcanine. Flare pulled off him and Charlie smirked as he increased the pressure he held on his foe. "Well, come to beg for mercy?" Charlie sneered.

It was then Flare began to laugh. Not just once, but for some time he laughed. Charlie sighed,"Seems you've lost too much air and are delusional now. I had hoped you would be sane when I-"

"Suprise."

The attack did take Charlie by surprise. The explosions rocked him around and he lost the grip he had on Charlie. When the explosions stopped it was then that Flare began his own gloating. Charlie rose up, there was still smoke all around. It would be perfect to set up his next attack. Charlie reached out to Flare's mind and instead of trying to choke him again, he invaded the fire-types visual center. He began to work up a simple scenario. A torrent of water would snake through the trees and slam into Flare. Hallucinations were another of Charlie's specialties. The catch was they would only work if the person hallucinating believed in them. If it worked then Flare would feel the pain of being slammed by the water as well as more pain since water was his chief weakness.

Still, it wouldn't work unless Flare believed so Charlie began to laugh, "While you were busy attacking me I decided to let go of your head and search the forest with my mind for a bit. Lakes aren't your thing are they? Just take a little psychic power, grab some water, and what do you think I'll do with it?"

It was at this point the trail of water would come from the trees and slam into Flare, "Better start running." No matter how fast Flare would run Charlie would force the water to chase the Arcanine. To anyone else all they would see was Flare running around for no good reason. Charlie manipulated the hallucination and had some of the water form a protective barrier around himself. If Flare tried to hit him with any fire attacks Flare would only see them extinguishing in the water when in reality Charlie would be cringing from the attack. All Charlie needed to do now was keep Flare thinking that the hallucination was real.

Jack looked at Kiba, "No, he learned that on his own. He is very brutal, but what can I do? He truly listens only when I'm at the helm. Sorry, but even I don't know all the techniques that Charlie has stocked up on. Like what he's doing right now."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

黒心 キバ
Fiery Eyes

Flare was already suspicious of trickery at this point. It was hard to believe that Kadabra would really have planned such a lengthy idea while being engulfed in so much fire; and the fact that he could look so undamaged by it didn't seem right. Only one way to tell, he thought to himself. The embers were still all over the field, and if this was real, then that water would simply put out the little flames. Instead of running, as Charlie might have hoped, he entered a solid defensive stance; he looked strong enough to block a boulder. The water's coming, and I have to wait for it...

The waters were coming through the trees, approaching the battlefield. Come on, come on...! The waters reached the very corner of the battlefield, washing right over an ember. He couldn't see the embers, but he could still feel their presence... It must be a mind trick! He grinned darkly, as the whole image seemed to melt away. There was no water! Flare decided his next moves carefully. Knowing how sure Charlie was of this move, he had probably already predicted that he would win. Flare had secretly pulled all of those tiny embers closer, as they were so small they likely couldn't even be seen. All of the field's embers were now buried in Flare's fur. Now, for the fun part...

Aaagggghhhhh!! exclaimed Flare, growling furiously in pain, and collapsing onto the ground twitching with pain. Hehehe, I might be a great actor as well, he thought menacingly. What better way to counter, than to treat him with his own medicine? Charlie's next move might be to come to Flare, to be sure that he had actually fainted. Flare waited, focusing on the sounds and presence of the Kadabra. When he figured Charlie had come close, he opened his eyes, as if his dark delight could be seen in them. Flare had, at that instant, detonated every ember on his own body, leaving absolute fire in a large, circular explosion of heat and flame. As well, this made him even stronger. He was burning himself, but he had done this sort of thing so many times he was almost immune to his own attacks.

Back