• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Conquest -- should I play???

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
my sister bought me an early Christmas gift while I visited her in Chicago over the weekend... she didn't have a lot of money to spend so she couldn't go to those high end Pokémon stores or anime stores... so she went to Target... she wanted to get me something Pokémon related since I am addicted to Pokémon... all she could find there is Pokémon Conquest... no toys or figures or whatever to be found... I never played a spinoff and I don't know if Pokémon Conquest is good...

should I play it or sell it??? if it is good, can I get a brief synopsis of the game???

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I got Pokemon Conquest for my birthday just under a month ago, and so far I have really enjoyed it, though I don't think I'm anywhere near finishing it.

The gameplay style is similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. Without trying to spoil the story, you are a Warlord of a kingdom with a special partner Pokemon and you 'go to war' with other kingdoms in order to unite the region, recruiting warriors and other Warlords along the way, each with their own special partner Pokemon that you may need to find yourself.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's really fun if you like the likes of Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics. I really enjoyed it, and the art is really good. The storyline isn't that compelling, but the characters are vivid and likeable.

So yeah, you should play it!

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I highly recommend it. It's amazingly fun and adds an Fire Emblem like game style to Pokemon. The main story is crazy fun. The only bad thing is the post game is repetitive.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Definitely play it. I've heard very good things about the game. There was a thread discussing it, but I think it died. You could search this section for it and read some posts about it if you'd like. But I think it looks pretty good and people are saying it's one of the best spin offs. Besides, you don't wanna sell it and hurt your sister's feelings, haha.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It's a fantastic game. Like Toujours mentioned, the storyline is a bit weak, but other than that it's a really fun game.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's a very great spin-off! Don't sell it!
Conquest has really interesting playthrough and you won't get tired of it for a long time =)
Not to mention the storyline is pretty long since you can play not only as main character but also as other warlord and warriors =)

Nakala Pri

PLAY IT! Don't sell it, its too good. Its a really good game. You may not like it, but it will probably grow on you.

Back