• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Pokemon Platinum Version Retype Project! (COMMUNITY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
So...is the Normal-type Unown design okay? I'm trying to make it in the correct way, but it's not working on my computer. Anyone else who wants to do it for me???
(if you have a better unown design thats great use it)

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Hi, I made a steel type Weavile, although, I haven't made backsprites for it yet.
weavile_front_zps845fee2b.png

I tried to make it look sleek and fast, like Scizor.
Is this acceptable?

this is one of the best sprites in this thread!

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Oh my. Overnight the, dare I say, best sprites in the whole thread show up.

And on the subject of Unown, there's a really arbitrary and complicated problem with trying to update the whole line, so even though the sprite is fine I'm not sure I'll actually be able to implement it. I'm gonna try to figure out what the problem is but I can't promise anything.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Alright. Also, is it possible for me to provide designs? My computer is so crappy that it can't do much more than spriting in MS Paint :T

bu-but i do all my sprites in ms paint.
not sure if i am a good spriter or a bad one
images

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023

If that's referring to mine, I have to say, I'm really surprised by the amount of compliments I'm getting. Thank you!

I just now finished the backsprites, although, I don't really like how they turned out.
weavile_front_zps9a554c00.png
weavile_back_zps0e8fc616.png

Would it be okay if I did Sneasel too?

Years

And on the subject of Unown, there's a really arbitrary and complicated problem with trying to update the whole line, so even though the sprite is fine I'm not sure I'll actually be able to implement it. I'm gonna try to figure out what the problem is but I can't promise anything.
Maybe the person doing the unowns could splice parts of them into numbers 0 - 9 instead of them being letters. And then they could make them white.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Maybe the person doing the unowns could splice parts of them into numbers 0 - 9 instead of them being letters. And then they could make them white.

I'd honestly just prefer we ignore them until the rest are done. It's not something worth focusing on right now.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
backs
RqJTDT2.png

the little hippo
ucoDJj0.png
4h0KWn7.png

i gave its sludge a little bit immature touch to make it look like it is a young version of hippowdon.

and btw they all look better without background colours.

and for that mesprit, it doesn't look so nice, don't know why or how but i think you should give it an other try

Last edited:

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years
The sludge doesn't really look like sludge, you should make it more like the sludge Hippowdon has. Also the colors on the frontsprite and backsprite are different.

Please explain what's wrong with it. I can't give it another try if i don't know what to do.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
The sludge doesn't really look like sludge, you should make it more like the sludge Hippowdon has. Also the colors on the frontsprite and backsprite are different.

Please explain what's wrong with it. I can't give it another try if i don't know what to do.

i don't know, maybe its belly? is a little bit weird. but i love its design, having no eye and stuff.

and i know them, it wasnt supposed to be a real sludge, it was supposed to be ditto kind of sludge, and i think i was able to do that :P , the backsprites colour is diffrent due to:
1 colour limit
2 the colour blends on back, i mean it blends with other colours so it looks so bad.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I finished Sneasel.
sneasel_front_zpse32e302e.png
sneasel_back_zps97cc8a81.png

I don't think it has as much originality as my Weavile did, but I wanted to give Weavile that "cool" vibe that I don't think it really got when it was created (although, I'm not saying it's uncool).

OMsgMxr.png

Mespirit (Ghost-type Mesprit) design?

Y/N?

I like the colors and the overall design personally, however, its chest seems a little flat. It's left arm is also a little weird, about where its elbow would be. These can be easily fixed, and I think it'll make the sprite look better. :)

backs
RqJTDT2.png

the little hippo
ucoDJj0.png
4h0KWn7.png

i gave its sludge a little bit immature touch to make it look like it is a young version of hippowdon.

and btw they all look better without background colours.

and for that mesprit, it doesn't look so nice, don't know why or how but i think you should give it an other try

I also like the colors you chose for the Hippopotas. This may just be me, but I personally think that the lines for the sludge are a little too thin. Not the outline, but the lines within it, if that makes sense. That should make your sprite also look better, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back