• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Mascot Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
Years
I know there's already a thread, but I thought this might merit some discussion of its own.
We already know that X and Y are either based off chromosomes or the three physical dimensional planes, so bearing the latter in mind, it seems pretty obvious that we can expect a Pokemon Z sometime in the future. Now then...

Xerneas is a land-based Pokemon. In the dimensional axis, X is the horizontal (left-right) plane.
Yveltal is an air-based Pokemon. In the dimensional axis, Y is the vertical (up-down) plane.
Following this trend, you arrive at the conclusion that...
"Z" will be some form of deep sea-based/"transdimensional" Pokemon, as in the dimensional axis, Z is depth (front-back).

Of course, this is all assuming Pokemon Z is even going to be a thing.

Edit: Let's also try and come to a conclusion on what the "theme" of these new legendaries is. For example, Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem represented balance and Tao, Dialga/Palkia/Reshiram represented universal forces, etc. So maybe these new ones are, like... Palkia's lackeys? I dunno.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
If there will actually be Z,
It should be like that deep sea-based thing that you said.
land,air,then probably water.
But yeah I guess it would actually be front-back like you said.

tnfsf11

I doubt that there will even be a Z, cuz imo they already made too much over-powered legendaries. But who knows, maybe they will make another one, but I don't know how powerful it may be, maybe they will make new types and add some to it?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If there ever is a Pokémon Z, then I'd assume the mascot for that game would have to be some sort of eel-like Legendary Pokémon, or could even be a sea snake? It would be interesting to see a sea snake legendary Pokémon. And only a long Pokémon would be able to form the letter 'Z', so it would have to be some sea snake. ;)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've had some ideas in another thread but I didn't know this thread was made already, soooo I'll put my ideas here~!

Well, first the actual name' of the third legendary pokemon - I know... from the lack of info about these games that this miiiight be tricky to answer.. D= So, maybe we can take a look at a few theories just to bounce some ideas around. Fiiirst, there's the 3D- axis theory, that, you know, these games were named after the 3D-aspect of the Nintendo 3DS. Or, as this image suggests:

xyz-1.gif

So, with three directions, could the third legendary be named by something that begins with a 'Z'? That couuuld be a possibility, but then again, a lot of you guys, including myself, have speculated in the Third Game Name thread that the games could be linked to chromosomes, so maybe this pokemon will have a combined name that starts with XY or XX? Maybe it starting with ZX or ZY?

What do I hope this third mascot will look like? Well, one idea that I had is that, since Yveltal is shaped like a 'Y 'in the shy shown in the trailer, and if you look very closely at the pupils of Xerneas's eyes, you'll see it's pupils are Xs. So, how can this pokemon represent the letter Z? Maybe it'll be a snake / slim dragon / a possible leviathan?
Another thing; I thiiiink it should have a dual type that steps away from the traditional 'dragon' like the others, because see - the "third legendaries" are often dragon types: Rayquaza, Giritina, Kyreum... etc.

What do I think this legendary could represent? I've read a idea that has to do with Norse mythology:

As a quick note associated with Legendary Pokemon Z (the serpent-like Dragon) names such as Zhalja and Zhelle meaning "A Z Pokemon hidden away/hiding beneath (halja) or a Z Pokemon living close to hell (helle). The name here could literally be anything associated with living in the roots of the tree, close to hell or beneath the earth so it corresponds with the other name origins of living in the sky and near earth.
Mmm, that could be possible! Though, truthfully, I'm not that knowledgeable on Norse mythology, it could be one. Although.. a pokemon that resembles a being that lives close to hell? Could that be associated with Arceus (or the heavens)?

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
It should be something really threatening that lives in the earths core and looks like a serpent with yellow/orange colouring. It could have a really powerful signature move. To access it u should have to have a new hm that goes across lava or something

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Hmm yes. I dont know.
Maybe we could have a pokemon, which, when you turn on the 3d, looks a lot different from in 2d?

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
If there ever is a Pokémon Z, then I'd assume the mascot for that game would have to be some sort of eel-like Legendary Pokémon, or could even be a sea snake? It would be interesting to see a sea snake legendary Pokémon. And only a long Pokémon would be able to form the letter 'Z', so it would have to be some sea snake. ;)

According to this, you could be right:

original.jpg

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I would like to see a eel like mascot for Z version. I mean, Xerneus is like the land mascot and Yveltal is the Air/Sky mascot for Gen VI, so why not have something that can go on/in water and have that as a mascot? Idk... thats just my idea

Shiny Bidoof

On fire
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
I would like to see a eel like mascot for Z version. I mean, Xerneus is like the land mascot and Yveltal is the Air/Sky mascot for Gen VI, so why not have something that can go on/in water and have that as a mascot? Idk... thats just my idea

Interesting. It does kinda match the Gen III legendaries, except the third for that gen was air.

Enigmatic Emolga

abandoned account, pls delete if seen
Years
Interesting. It does kinda match the Gen III legendaries, except the third for that gen was air.

Yeah, I think it's something like Rayquaza, but more advanced.

On a similar note, look at the mascots and game names. X and Y. Chromosomes? The already mentioned germ layer theory? Even mythology? But they're the mascots. The game names, however, may be a play on the 3D axes. X for horizontal, in which Xerneas is on the ground, Y for vertical, as Yveltal is an avian creature, but what about Z for depth? Personally, I feel the mascot's gotta be able to teleport for some reason.

Also, there's more theoretical evidence that could prove that the Z mascot will be a serpent.

Remember I mentioned Norse mythology? Xerneas may be based of the stag in the World Tree, Yveltal being the birds at the canopy, and the Z mascot may be based off the Jörmangandr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back