• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Showcase and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
It looks better than before however you have several problems.

1 - The top middle area has patches of grass with no connection to any exit on the map fix that with either the water or the trees.

2 - Your mountain should have some boulders or larger rocks on it make it look more eroded like weather has happened.

3 - You mountain needs more layers on the right hand side it needs to be equal on the right and bottom.

4 - The lowered section you have in the middle right next to the Mountain either needs some stairs going down to it or needs to be removed.

5 - If this is your game's seventh route it should have more complex patterns for instance where there are trees replace with tall grass configured to snake around.

I know you have been editing this map for a while but you will get it to perfection soon

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Just been doing a few derps recently and this is the end result:

Note: NOT related to Pokémon Skyblaze.
Spoiler:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Just been doing a few derps recently and this is the end result:

Note: NOT related to Pokémon Skyblaze.
Spoiler:

Pretty good.

A solid 7/10.
You don't have too much empty space and you use your tiles correctly.
I'd recommend not using so many differently designed houses in the same town.
It looks random.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
littleparkroute.png

Here's a little something I just made. It probably wont be in any game, I just felt like making a small park-ish route.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
littleparkroute.png

Here's a little something I just made. It probably wont be in any game, I just felt like making a small park-ish route.

The multiple uses of different trees and placement of the border trees really stand out here, good job.
The ledges look a bit iffy inbetween bushes.

7.5/10

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The shape is good.
But It doesn't look farmish due to the tiles you have picked.

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
The shape is good.
But It doesn't look farmish due to the tiles you have picked.
Sorry bout that but i don't have farmish tiles but i'll try to add them. Thats why i put the camper vans there instead.

I also know farms have ranches. So, to awnser that. The ranch is at the other side of the cave. the gym is also there. Also tiles like Corn cobs, Berry plants apricorns Etc.. Will be there too.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
The map looks nice, but it is a bit weird to have the pathways north of all the vans, while the entrance is south of them.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Size isn't bad, but it doesn't really seem like a farm with a mart, apartment complex thing and all those vans. Also the one tile path you have going to the mart should be changed. The cave doesn't really make a whole lot of sense either on a farm. I reccomend maybe like checking out Nintendo maps or Kyledove's for an idea of how a Pokemon farm might look and just to get an idea of how towns in the Pokemon world look overall. Good luck :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I can replace the mart with the, Driftveil city's market. But a pokecenter is nessecary. Also can you provide me a link of the map.

if I have time I might be able to make you that classic "barn" for you as a tile to use with credit if you wanted. I haven't seen a farm in like, ever, so being a part of one would be awesome ^ ^

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Here's another of my maps, this one will actually be used. You start out from the north, having to find your way down. The arrows indicate how the caves are connected. I haven't doen the borders on the sides yet, mind that.XD
labyrowhillarrow.png

"Ah, Labyrow Hill... Y'know this is where you can separate yourself from the boys. It's not gonna be an easy trip, I can assure you. It'll be all worth the trouble though, the hill will toughen you up enough to take on Finn in Lowshore City. If the hill proves to be too strong for you, you can forget about ever getting a gym badge."

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Here's another of my maps, this one will actually be used. You start out from the north, having to find your way down. The arrows indicate how the caves are connected. I haven't doen the borders on the sides yet, mind that.XD
labyrowhillarrow.png

"Ah, Labyrow Hill... Y'know this is where you can separate yourself from the boys. It's not gonna be an easy trip, I can assure you. It'll be all worth the trouble though, the hill will toughen you up enough to take on Finn in Lowshore City. If the hill proves to be too strong for you, you can forget about ever getting a gym badge."

8.5/10

Really good map.
Nice combination of different trees, without it looking too messy.
The map reminds me of a mixture between Jagged Pass & Mt Pyre.

My only complaints are that at some points, the way you're supposed to go feel a bit cramped or too narrow, but that's just my opinion.
Another thing though; I think the color of the grass-groundclashes a a little too much with the white mountains.
I think you should try and make your own ground, like some sort of gravel or dirt? Which doesn't clash as much with the mountains colors.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more from you.

EDIT:

I'm gonna throw one of my maps at you, while I'm at it.
Route 4, from my game Pokémon: Blaze Red.
Spoiler:

FYI, the long paths on the right are place holders til I'm done with cerulean, for size purposes.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
[9/10] I don't really like the routes from Kanto, personally, but you did a really good job there!

The parts where the ledges touch the mountains look weird though...

Oh, and the reason why the place feels narrow at times is because you aren't supposed to have decent footing there. It should be a hill that's hard to descent and the best way to do this without introducing a lot places where you have to use HMs is to make use of such narrow paths.

FYI, the long paths on the right are place holders til I'm done with cerulean, for size purposes.
Them why didn't you just cut off the image for us... ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Heres my map for JNathan, Its suppose to resemble Pallet a little. Small mistakes like tree edges are fixed.
titleak.png

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Having a bunch of plain green trees plus a couple fancy red and orange trees looks really odd. At the very least, you should use green versions of the fancier-looking tree for the borders. And you have four different types of houses going there, making the map look rather uncoordinated. You should probably only use two types at most. Also, the house in the lower left appears to be overlapping the path, which looks really odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back