• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Andesite Version

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hack Name: Pokémon Andesite
ROM base: Pokémon Fire Red [BPRE] v1.0
Language: English

Info: Well hey there! I am back. I've decided to take an attempt in ROM hacking again, for those who don't know my bast billion attempts
were pathetic since all I could do was Map, Tile Insert (just!) and Music Hack (Without Loops!). Now, I'm relearning it all, and going
to try my hands at another hack.

Story:

The Terrik Region is split into 3 parts, Sicle, Terra and Grash.
Each part has it's own guardian which has protecting it since the dawn
of creation. Regice watches over Sicle, Regirock watches over Terra and Registeel
watches over Grash.

It's said that these 3 Pokémon have been a mystery for many centuries, appearing
in almost every legend and myth, and the last words of an ancient civilisation.
Anyone who can get their hands on all three Regi's will surely be able to gain
control of all 3 parts of Terrik.

You live in the Town of Miron, the most northern town in all of Terrik and Sicle,
you're nothing more than a mere child, not many people visit the town, and it's only
on the map, for Maxi's research on Pokémon Forme's and Abilities. But one day,
Maxi tells you a parcel has arrived for you in Worseth Town, and the only way to
get there is with a Pokémon. So naturally he gives you a Pokémon and sets you upon your way.

Region:
This is a draft of the region, an official map has not been made. yet.
Spoiler:

So, yeah, Terrik Region is split into 3 parts, Sicle (north), Terra (West) and Grash (East).
Each part is divided by Mt. Andes, a Large mountain built up of the Volcanic Rock substance Andesite. It is said many eons ago, the Regi's and Arceus created the world from here. But who's to know?

S= Starting Town
#'s = Gym Towns.

Features:
  • Go up agaisnt Team Core
  • Catch all the Legendaries from Gen 1 - 3 including a few from 4.
  • Visit some of the Sinnoh Region
  • ...more to come...

Screenshots:
NewScreen1_zps0a89f813.png
SicleCavern_zps97abceb3.png
MoarSnow_zps31fb8c94.png

NewScreen4_zps4ad09b54.png
NewScreen5_zps2f4b89ca.png
MironTown_zps19f7eca1.png

Videos:
Mum Script + Miron Town

Music:
Victory Vs! Trainer
Spoiler:

Other things to note:
I'm not going to majorly hack tiles (yet!) At the moment I want to at least release a First Beta without the need of major uber high fancy Graphics.
Music Hacking is a thing to be done, just I need to relearn it and learn how to loop.

Progress Log
Spoiler:

The Progress Log will be updated at the end of everyday we update somethings, it's an easier way for you to keep track of what we are doing, and it's also and easy way for me to note things down, incase everything is lost on my Laptop.

Credits:
The creators of the following tools;
Advance-Map, NSE[Classic], XSE and Free Space Finder
Team_Fail - the '[]' Looping tutorial, and major Sappy help.
diegoisawesome - XSE tutorial
Nosssab Blue - Scripting Help. (Huge thanks :l)
holmes102 - Story Help and General Idea's​

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Cool, I thought you've stopped hacking since you made a game development game...

Although, I don't agree with the snow tile it's too bright and plain...

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Hey this seems interesting..... i think you shud change the OW sprite of the main character

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Cool, I thought you've stopped hacking since you made a game development game...

Although, I don't agree with the snow tile it's too bright and plain...

Snow tiles will be subject to change, and eh, I wasn't really getting anywhere with Game Dev, as far as I can with ROM hacking.
EDIT: Then again, snow IS bright and plain.

Hey this seems interesting..... i think you shud change the OW sprite of the main character

Obviously it will be changed, when I make an OW for him/her.
They'll obviously have to be Snow Related, so in a snowsuit or warm get up of some kind.

Last edited:
Years
This looks good! And when you figure out something besides bright and white for a snow tile let me know...the snow in my hack is basically the same...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
So far, I've just darken the color a bit:

NewOW_zps33e6937e.png

Also; Meet our hero! :3
Plus a script an overworld Test

Last edited:

alwaysivy

Pokemon Mastah ♥
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I really like the snow! ♥ I think it is something new for a starting town.

Though I agree that a new sprite for the main character would be good. The hat seems too bulky.

Good luck!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I really like the snow! ♥ I think it is something new for a starting town.

Though I agree that a new sprite for the main character would be good. The hat seems too bulky.

Good luck!

Aww, yay! Your first port was on my thread! ^^' ♥

The guy who said a new sprite would be nice said it because the old screens had 'Red' as the OW.

The hat would seem bulky, it's got the hero's head, hair and ears in.

alwaysivy

Pokemon Mastah ♥
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Aww, yay! Your first port was on my thread! ^^' ♥

The guy who said a new sprite would be nice said it because the old screens had 'Red' as the OW.

The hat would seem bulky, it's got the hero's head, hair and ears in.

Yep! =D

Oh, whoops. But, anyway... You make a point, I didn't think of that. Derp.

So, do you plan on changing the clothing when you go to warmer areas if you know how? I thought that'd be pretty cool. Unless there are no warmer areas! DUN DUN DUN! I'm assuming there are because the main character lives at the very north.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Sicle is made up of snow regions
Terra is hot desert Areas
and Grash is your usual grasslands.

I've been thinking of trying to implement such a thing, but at them moment I'm not a good scripter, so I'd need to learn quite a bit.

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
This looks great! I have a question, and please don't get mad if it's already been asked :P
Will you be revising tiles when you progress more into this or keeping FR tiles?
Either way, great hack!

Mr. Magius

  
Years
This actually looks impressive. Love the graphics and the hero's overworld sprite.

Hoping to hear more from this!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This looks great! I have a question, and please don't get mad if it's already been asked :P
Will you be revising tiles when you progress more into this or keeping FR tiles?
Either way, great hack!

The game currently looks fine as it is.
I may keep them.

This actually looks impressive. Love the graphics and the hero's overworld sprite.

Hoping to hear more from this!

Thanks! I can't wait to show more!

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I don't think the Firered Trees and Mountains look good with the snow tiles but I think that's just me. Besides, you will change it sometime in the future. I like the hero's overworld though since the entire game isn't only the snow area, did you apply the hacked engine so you can somehow switch overworlds or is the player keeping that overworld?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I don't think the Firered Trees and Mountains look good with the snow tiles but I think that's just me. Besides, you will change it sometime in the future. I like the hero's overworld though since the entire game isn't only the snow area, did you apply the hacked engine so you can somehow switch overworlds or is the player keeping that overworld?

Tiles may be subject to change, everyone else seems fine with them.
also 'the hacked engine' ?
What is this, I'm not familiar with?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Maxi_zps4e3909c0.png

Half way trhough doing the 'Professor' Script.
Next half is getting the Pokémon in the lab.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hmmm.... Winter towns, korra avatar.... I can tell this is based somehow or another on a big/small part of the water tribe or Legend of Korra/Aaang. I like it! Are you gonna recolor the house tile? like add some snow on it? And I'm referring to the pallet town houses.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hmmm.... Winter towns, korra avatar.... I can tell this is based somehow or another on a big/small part of the water tribe or Legend of Korra/Aaang. I like it! Are you gonna recolor the house tile? like add some snow on it? And I'm referring to the pallet town houses.
None of this was based on Avatar. I just like the series enough to have Korra as my Avatar (lol!)

I may plan to recolor the roof, but again it's not my top priority at the moment.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
How come it's snowing and the ground is covered in it but the houses/trees/mountains/etc. aren't? That's why you'll need to update the graphics some. And the text "It sure is cold, eh?" just hurts me. Of course it's cold IT'S ALWAYS COLD.

Back