• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Sigh* Yeah.. I'm okay..

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I probably start off by crying. Then I go and get one or two of my cats and force them to cuddle. Read a book or watch tv. If I still feel sad, I'll hop on tumblr for a few hours. Or the whole day, depending...

Years
Wallow in my depression. Consider talking to people about it. Then think I'll be crying for attention and forget that. Then just go about life as normal.

Honestly, going to bed helps me the most. When I'm sad, being tired makes it far worse. So I go to sleep, and face the next day with a positive attitude (hopefully).

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I have found YTPs to be the most effective distraction.
I'm not convinced sorrow is really a problem to deal with though; I absorb the experience and try to know myself better for it.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't really do much when I'm sad, I just lay there in bed trying to get all my feelings out.

I sometimes text my friend, read a book, watch something funny, and write. Writing has allowed me to express my feelings and it has worked in every way.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I rarely have a case of the blues but when I do, these four points I resort to do the trick to turn my mood around:

- Listening to music and lying down as it helps relax your mood (depending on the genre).
- Exercising if I haven't already done so during the day. Physical activity is known to combat negative moods.
- Eating Chocolate is another cure for sadness! It contains an amino acid which mimics the effects of a certain hormone in your body which makes you feel 'good'. That being said, don't over indulge.
- Video games, movies and other general entertainment may serve as an effective distraction from a negative mood.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Sometimes I take a nap and try to relax or think of something else. Sometimes if the weather is nice I go out for a walk, excercise is good for you and fresh air lifts my mood. Sometimes if Im really upset drinking a glass of cold water helps(dunno why, but it does)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I find that whenever I am sad or upset, I listen to music and I feel better. It lifts my spirits, especially playing upbeat music. It makes me forget about whatever I am sad about and makes me feel pretty good. I also sometimes play video games to help take my mind off things, but I find music works better!

Years
I tend to just sit there and...mope, I guess. I'll just sit there and try to let it pass while I distract myself by listening to music or watching something. Usually listening to music helps, as I can just drown out my thoughts with it. If that doesn't help, then I'll lie down and possibly nap, since I know some times a bad mood of mine comes around because I'm a bit more tired than I feel like I am.

And if nothing of that helps to dispel it...I smile. I'll often forget to try that until I've been moping around for a while, but after I read a blurb about how just smiling might actually help get rid of bad moods, I've tried it at times. It seems to help a bit.

And if that doesn't work...well. Guess it's time to just wait for the mood to pass.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I deal with sadness by talking to someone I'm close to and/or immersing myself in some fun activity. I'll go play a video game, watch a funny video on the internet, listen to my music, or something. Bonus points if it blocks out the source of my sadness. Despite all my efforts of cheering up or waiting until things blow over, I may just end up crying anyways. A good cry leaves me feeling more relieved.

Years
I just wait it out; time is the healer of all wounds for me in this case. Trying to get my mind off of it only makes it worse.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I just put on a podcast in the background and play a random shooter whenever I feel like a sadsack now. I used to talk to others close to me on what I would be feeling but I ended up becoming pretty reserved about my emotions as the years flew by so no I'm not one to open up easily.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I was pretty damn sad two days ago, on the last day of school. I had to say goodbye to a few friends, some possibly forever. I was fine until my friend Nazifa, a close friend who I really really really love. And when I saw her, I realized that this would most likely be the last time we ever managed to see each other, and that really got to me. We hugged and after me giving a few words to her ear "Always be amazing and never ever give up" I kissed her and watched her walk away. And then I started crying.

That's basically my answer. If it's something as emotional as that, I cry. I don't have shame in saying that at all. Sure, I started crying in the corner and my friend sorta had to put her arm around me and cheer me up. But it does help. After that, I simply recall all the good times and hope for everything it's worth that I see her in the future.

For less monumental moments, I just listen to music or lay in bed staring at the ceiling.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Watching TV comedy and binging on deliciously bad for you food. Currently my go-tos of choice are Bob's Burgers and large Domino's pizza. Oh, and I like to spend money when I'm sad... don't care what on, but the feeling of spending just makes me feel better for some reason.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Sadness goes away with time, I find. For me, I don't have to do anything special to get happy. Give me a few minutes, and I'll usually be pretty normal. I don't have way of dealing with sadness that's unique or special, and I don't really think you (generally speaking) need one, unless you have unique circumstances.

Sirfetch’d

For me I just like to talk it out with someone. I don't mind sharing my troubles with others and just having someone listen to me when I am sad cheers me up more than anything.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I tend to express my feelings to other people. Sharing my thoughts always makes me feel better, you know? Sometimes, if it's really personal and I don't want anyone knowing about it, I keep it to myself and find some alternative way to cheer myself up. I might read a book, watch a sitcom, go to YouTube, or play games.

Years
When depression develops in me, the first I do is video games, comedy, or rest. Usually rest works well because it provides moments of silence and peace.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
When I'm feeling depress, I create an idea in my mind involving me killing the person who made me depressed in the first place, then end my own life after that with no remorse. But I never want to do such a thing irl, so what I do is moan about how I'm a monster and how I'm a mistake and don't deserve to exist in hopes of someone agreeing with me to make my life feel more miserable than it's suppose to be.

Back